carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmyPoo|1388607283|3584413 said:
For my daily wearing, I have a round faced Chopard Happy Diamonds with a metal band and a Breitling with a blue pearl face. No pics on my computer at the moment.

This is an inherited Graff that sits in the safety deposit box.
graffwatch.jpg

:o :-o :love: :love: :love: Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

k_darling

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Mine is an Hermes Kelly II double tour.

_13355.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
My parents got us matching Rolex watches for my wedding. Here's mine - 26mm Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust. His is the same but 36mm and without diamond markers (he doesn't like bling).

photo__37_0.jpg

photo__38_0.jpg

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1388680397|3584863 said:
CareBear|1388653255|3584714 said:
Hudson_Hawk|1388169140|3581389 said:
What is a good entry level "special" watch for a man? By special I mean like heirloom quality, not your average timex or seiko.

For me, it really depends on the age. DH's "entry level" watch was an IWC pilot's spitfire. It's a bulkier, which I think looks better on younger men. But DH is not yet 40 and has moved onto thin watches, so I'm not sure he wants to be called "older". haha!
:wink2:

http://en.worldtempus.com/watches/lange-sohne/saxonia-saxonia-thin-211032

http://www.jomashop.com/jaeger-watch-q1362520.html

http://www.jomashop.com/a-lange-and-sohne-watch-216032.html

I'm surprised that you suggest buying from Jomashop.com as there are so many complaints listed on the BBB site. Many suggest unfair policies and, inferior products (second hand or damaged watches). The customers are NOT offered anything but a repair.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="isaku5|1388703651|

I'm surprised that you suggest buying from Jomashop.com as there are so many complaints listed on the BBB site. Many suggest unfair policies and, inferior products (second hand or damaged watches). The customers are NOT offered anything but a repair.[/quote]

Not suggesting buying from Jomashop, just suggesting the watches... ;))

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Longines diamond watch with pink mother of pearl face - gift from MIL for our wedding. I like the slim profile of it. I probably won't be wearing it often as I love my Rolex much more and I'm not a pink fan, but it's a good option when I'm looking for a more dressy look.

DH has a matching watch with a plain white face and no diamonds.

_13365.jpg

_13366.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sortmon|1388687186|3584942 said:
My parents got us matching Rolex watches for my wedding. Here's mine - 26mm Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust. His is the same but 36mm and without diamond markers (he doesn't like bling).

LOVE... :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1388425282|3583067 said:
This is my dad's 18kt gold Rolex. It was purchased in the late 70s or early 80s when we lived in Kuwait.

DOUBLE LOVE... :love: :love:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1388706597|3585122 said:
isaku5|1388703651 said:
I'm surprised that you suggest buying from Jomashop.com as there are so many complaints listed on the BBB site. Many suggest unfair policies and, inferior products (second hand or damaged watches). The customers are NOT offered anything but a repair.

Is there a reputable online watch site that any of you have purchased from? So far my diamonds have been purchased online but none of our watches. We usually buy them overseas on vacation but that requires VAT refunds which sometimes don't get processed:razz:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought and imported both my Ebels from the Watchery, not sure if they are any good, however, the transactions were smooth, and the watches were great.

Saved myself a small fortune in the process, even after custom and handling charges.

DK :))

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Diamondseeker -

Beautiful watch - much happiness with it.

My 24/7 watch is below - Rolex datejust 31mm. Wear it everyday, sleep in it, but take it off when I shower even though it is waterproof to 330 ft. Go figure! Treated myself to this about 5 years ago when I had taken on a lucrative work from home 2nd job. too bad the job only lasted 6 months - think of what I could buy!

rolex_2.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Lil425!
Love your watch.. I have the unblinged up version.
I see you are wearing it with metal bracelets.. do you find they scratch it up?
Thanks for letting me know.

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Hi Rubies -

Sometimes I wear the bracelets, sometimes not. The band is stainless steel on the outer edges so the bracelets are not coming in contact with the gold part of the band. I do not see any scratches on the bezel. Is your model the same size and color combo? I think my watch is my favorite piece.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again lil425 and thanks for your " scratching thoughts!" :lol:
I posted my watches way back in the middle of page 4 of this thread. I have two lady's size watches and just recently bought the 31mm one. I love the bigger size!! :love:
It's very similar to yours.. but minus the bling and with a white face vs your silver?
I never have worn bracelets with any of my watches.. steel or gold. I'm always frightened that either metal would get scratches on it.
Now I might rethink that.. :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1388739381|3585399 said:
isaku5|1388703651 said:

Is there a reputable online watch site that any of you have purchased from? So far my diamonds have been purchased online but none of our watches. We usually buy them overseas on vacation but that requires VAT refunds which sometimes don't get processed:razz:
CB...What kind of watch are you looking for?

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
That beautiful watch for every day????

My everyday watch is a Michele with 'tiger'dial and leather strap, or the Philip Stein Prestige. Both are very nice, but, they're not Rolex. :cheeky:

Enjoy! It's a beauty! :love:

lil425

Shiny_Rock
Rubies -

Your collection is fabulous! love them all!

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect timing for this thread, although it's a "show me" thread, hopefully you all don't mind if I ask a question... DH wants to get 2 new watches. He would prefer automatic. Budget $1800 - $2500 or so per watch. He likes a lower profile watch, metal strap (all white metals) but wouldn't say no to some rose gold accents.

Both of us don't know much about watches so would love some help/guidance.

He tried on the Tag Heuer Carrera Heritage the other day and really loved it.

2 color-ways he liked:
http://www.authenticwatches.com/tag-heuer-carrera-was2112-ba0732.html#.UscXOhafOVg
http://www.authenticwatches.com/tag-heuer-carrera-was2111-ba0732.html#.UscXWxafOVg

Not sure if this website is a good one to buy from but would also like suggestions on where to buy.

Thanks everyone!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1388739381|3585399 said:
isaku5|1388703651 said:

:wavey: Hi, CareBear! I feel like I haven't seen you in ages!

I am very pleased with King Jewelers who are authorized dealers of many high end brands (I dealt with the Nashville store). I know in November they had gift card sales, and you could use those towards anything but Rolex. I doubt I will ever buy a watch anywhere else! But if you need something before then, I'd call and ask when there next gift card sale is and tell them you won't buy until they are on sale, and perhaps they will offer you a discount.

http://www.kings1912.com/

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sortmon..wow, two watches for wedding gifts, how nice! They are beautiful! That model Rolex is one of my favorites because it is so classic and will go with everything!

lil...thanks!! I adore your Rolex! Two tone with the rose gold is one of my other favorites!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks lil425! :wavey:

briolette

Shiny_Rock
This is definitely entry level, but I was very proud to be able to get this David Yurman watch for my brother for Christmas. It's from the Thoroughbred collection and is automatic.

watch1.jpg

obligatory glamour shot (which he set up, btw. lol)

watch2.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
asscher_girl|1388779435|3585684 said:
Perfect timing for this thread, although it's a "show me" thread, hopefully you all don't mind if I ask a question... DH wants to get 2 new watches. He would prefer automatic. Budget $1800 - $2500 or so per watch. He likes a lower profile watch, metal strap (all white metals) but wouldn't say no to some rose gold accents.

Both of us don't know much about watches so would love some help/guidance.

He tried on the Tag Heuer Carrera Heritage the other day and really loved it.

2 color-ways he liked:
http://www.authenticwatches.com/tag-heuer-carrera-was2112-ba0732.html#.UscXOhafOVg
http://www.authenticwatches.com/tag-heuer-carrera-was2111-ba0732.html#.UscXWxafOVg

Not sure if this website is a good one to buy from but would also like suggestions on where to buy.

Thanks everyone!

Is there a reason he wants 2 instead of spending entire budget on one nicer watch? Tags are great watches, can't go wrong with them but I think they're on thicker side.

DH is very particular about his watches fitting under the dress shirts. We couldn't find any luxury that he liked and fit under the cuff so he has these 2 low profile watches - Raymond Weil Tango and Hamilton Thinline. Both are very solid mid-level automatic watches. Tango is 6.5mm thick and about 20 years old. Hamilton is 7.5mm thick and a year old.

20140103_190700.jpg

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Baby Monster, well he'd like one to go more with black/gray suits and another for brown suits as well as when he's having them serviced, he won't be without a watch. He has a RW Tango now (quartz though) and he'd like to go up a notch in quality.

The Tags I linked to were actually very low profile, sounds like our hubby's want the same thing, a watch that will fit nicely under dress shirts/suits. My DH wears a suit every day so that's at the top of the list.

Thanks for the pic, the Hamilton looks pretty low profile, very nice!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
asscher_girl|1388796551|3585874 said:
Hi Baby Monster, we'll he'd like one to go more with black/gray suits and another for brown suits as well as when he's having them serviced, he won't be without a watch. He has a RW Tango now (quartz though) and he'd like to go up a notch in quality.

The Tags I linked to were actually very low profile, sounds like our hubby's want the same thing, a watch that will fit nicely under dress shirts/suits. My DH wears a suit every day so that's at the top of the list.

Thanks for the pic, the Hamilton looks pretty low profile, very nice!
I have a Tag too (got it for my high school graduation many years ago) and its profile is actually slimmer than that of my Rolex. My Longines watch has the slimmest profile by far. It seems like watches without the second hand are usually slimmer than those with a second hand.

asscher_girl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Sortmon! Glad to hear that. I should check out Longines too, thanks!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Longines are thin but I found the models we could try on in the store had very sharp edges on the metal. I was so suprised. ]

Asscher_girl, it's interesting that he wants to match the watches to the suits. IMO there is a huge difference between a 2k and 5k watches in terms of quality and looks so maybe he should try on a few thinner Cartier models before deciding to get 2 instead of 1.

TheGeckoLady

Shiny_Rock
TravelingGal, that Zenith is beyond words! I love when things that complex can appear so understatedly elegant.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
asscher_girl, here are some comparison photos:

_13401.jpg

_13402.jpg

_13403.jpg

_13404.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results