color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
natyLad|1388036230|3580610 said:
I love all those Cartier watches ladies... :love:
Here is my watch...Rolex Oyster Perpetual Datejust...A gift from dad,with great sentimental value...
:errrr: ..Very nice spoiled brat!!... :lol:

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1388029701|3580560 said:
(You can tell your hubby, though, that Cartier has been making watches since the 1800's and they partnered early on with Edward Jaeger (of Jaeger-LeCoultre) to produce watch movements for Cartier. Other movements through the years were from Vacheron Constantin, Audemars-Piguet, etc. The first Tank watch was designed by Louis Cartier back in 1917, and it has been made in different variations up until today. I have a whole book on Cartier Tank watches. :lol: There are some quartz models, just as there are with Tag and many other brands. But they also have fine automatic watches as well, but I just didn't personally want to deal with the servicing of the automatics. Cartier is well established as a watch brand rather than just a designer brand, but I realize there are many more popular brands for men.)

I will tell him DS, that he has been properly Cartier schooled! :) I didn't mean to diss your Cartier, I am sorry if it read that way. In fact, he probably would have liked the Tanks but we didn't see any when we were looking for mine. He meant more the Chanel or Dior watches that I liked.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 27mm Ebel Beluga:

ebelbeluga.jpg

My two other dressier watches are a Balmain Haute Elegance and an Ebel Beluga Manchette.

DK :))

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful watches everyone. Diamonondseeker your new tank is absolutely gorgeous and looks amazing on you :love:
Dancing Fire, your backside pics are particularly appealing :naughty:

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a big Cartier fan too. This is my everyday watch- Cartier Santos automatic with sunburst dial. DH gave it to me for our 5th anniversary. I finally had it serviced after nonstop 10 year wear. It needed a thorough cleaning and buffing so now it looks new again.

watch_bracelet-1.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Rolex Datejust. I only ever wear this watch--but for a 42mm pilots watch for fashion; hence I no longer own my Ebel Diamond Beluga or my Concord18K yellow gold tank.

cheers--Sharon

p5170031.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF...Thanks!!! I am truly in awe of your beautiful watch collection! :love: I know those are like diamonds for you!

Glam..I didn't think you were looking down on Cartier! I think some men do, but they just may not like the styles of Cartier watches regardless of the movements. I am attracted to them because I love their styles, so it all boils down to preferences, as always!

dk..Ebel sister! I think they have many beautiful watches!

Scarlett...Thank you!

babymonster...Love your Cartier Santos!

Sharon..wow, that is one of the most beautiful Rolex watches I have ever seen! Is it white gold??? You must tell us more about the model, size, etc!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1388035373|3580604 said:
jill_s|1388033423|3580588 said:
DS, your new watch is smashing! I have been lusting after the Cartier Ballon Bleu for a couple of years and am thinking of purchasing one this year. I'd love to hear about this AD! Can you share?

Thank you, Jill! I also love the Ballon Bleu and considered it this time. But it is still on the wish list!

The jeweler is http://www.kings1912.com/

I worked with the Nashville store (Derrick) and was very pleased. I will give the details of the gift cards to anyone who wants to contact me via my old loupetroop listing which is currently at the very bottom of the rings section and starts out with "1.58 G VS1".

I just messaged you. Thanks for your offer to help!

Abby12

Shiny_Rock
Dancing Fire! I love your collection! :love:
I will take one gold rolex please :naughty: ....

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Love all these watches!!! :love: :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1388014034|3580464 said:
I realized that I don't think we've ever had a luxury watch thread in SMTB! I debated about how to define what a luxury watch is, since there are entry level ones all the way up to very rare and expensive watches! So we'll include the full range here! For the purpose of this thread, we'll say that a retail price/value of $2000 and up will qualify (knowing that true watch aficionados are probably rolling their eyes! ;)) ).

This is my new Christmas watch, a Cartier Tank Francaise, midsize (wish the blue hands were showing in the pics!):

DS, that is sooo gorgeous!! Classic and pretty. I love the rectangular face and those beautiful blue hands!! :appl: :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom...thank you! The blue hands are one of my favorite things about Cartier watches!

Sharon, is your watch like this one (31mm) except the color of the dial, obviously? I tried it on and loved it but I much prefer the silver/rhodium dial.

_13014.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone, love your beautiful watches.

Sharon, I just love your Rolex. I'm a huge fan myself. The only watches I have ever bought myself are Rolexes, which explains why I have so few. Since I have stopped wearing any watches cause I always carry my cell, I've just stored them all in the safe.

The hilarious thing is that the only watch I have out now is this little LV. It's really pretty, but not my style at all. (It's soooo girly!! Girly watches are not my thing. I would love a man's pilot's watch by IWC.) My mom bought it for me and it runs on a battery. So I'm just waiting for it to run out and I'll take it to the store for a free replacement within 5 years. I wear it sometimes and I never look at it. I'm a big faced watch kinda girl, so I love the big rolexes. (Sharon...) I'll try to find some pics of the Rolexes to post.

image_892.jpg

image_891.jpg

A threadjack, but not really... How many of your ladies wear your watches (and look at them) now that you have your phones?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nowadays there are many women sporting men size watches. Big watches are in style for both men and women.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon..wow, that is one of the most beautiful Rolex watches I have ever seen! Is it white gold??? You must tell us more about the model, size, etc![/quote]

DS:

You are all kindness. It is a Datejust in stainless--not white gold. That is a lotto win watch, as I am not Dancing Fire.! :rodent: ;))

I cannot recall it's exact size without fishing out the receipt--but 32 mm rings a bell...

Enjoy your Cartier--It is awesome!

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1388079870|3580827 said:
LLJsmom...thank you! The blue hands are one of my favorite things about Cartier watches!

Sharon, is your watch like this one (31mm) except the color of the dial, obviously? I tried it on and loved it but I much prefer the silver/rhodium dial.

DS, I have this one, and I love the pink face. Somehow, pink on a Rolex isn't girly to me. But I think the strap is a little different. It looks like this. I wish I could get it and take a pic.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNWORN-ROLE...393917561?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item3a883ec279

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1388081150|3580839 said:
Everyone, love your beautiful watches.

Sharon, I just love your Rolex. I'm a huge fan myself. The only watches I have ever bought myself are Rolexes, which explains why I have so few. Since I have stopped wearing any watches cause I always carry my cell, I've just stored them all in the safe.

The hilarious thing is that the only watch I have out now is this little LV. It's really pretty, but not my style at all. (It's soooo girly!! Girly watches are not my thing. I would love a man's pilot's watch by IWC.) My mom bought it for me and it runs on a battery. So I'm just waiting for it to run out and I'll take it to the store for a free replacement within 5 years. I wear it sometimes and I never look at it. I'm a big faced watch kinda girl, so I love the big rolexes. (Sharon...) I'll try to find some pics of the Rolexes to post.

image_892.jpg

image_891.jpg

A threadjack, but not really... How many of your ladies wear your watches (and look at them) now that you have your phones?

I really like this watch. Wrap around style is quite chic--like Hermes and Bvlgari.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1388076009|3580780 said:
DF...Thanks!!! I am truly in awe of your beautiful watch collection! :love: I know those are like diamonds for you!
Watches = guy blings... :wink2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my DH's, and I love the size on me. It's 36. Maybe b/c my eyesight is going too...

image_894.jpg

Maybe I should just buy a man's watch next time...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1388079870|3580827 said:

DS:

You might be correct in the mm size....and I prefer the rhodium face.....I found it easy to "see". My dream Rolex is a Yachtmaster. I adore the sporty look; at times I wish I had purchased that one instead of my Datejust--but when I was buying I still had the two other watches.....I could always trade this in at the local vendor where I bought it. Maybe that will be my 2014 "project".

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1388084081|3580884 said:
This is my DH's, and I love the size on me. It's 36. Maybe b/c my eyesight is going too...

image_894.jpg

Maybe I should just a man's watch next time...

It is a great size. If I trade up/in....it will be for a larger size.

I recently saw a gal wearing a vintage Rolex submariner--big honking thing. It was gorgeous and very Chic!

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie|1388031432|3580571 said:
Oooooh she's purrrrrdy DS :love: :love: :love: Gorgeous and classic!! :sun: Merry Christmas to you :bigsmile: :appl:

I don't wear a watch so nothing of my own to share. On the very rare occasion I feel like I need one I wear the Seiko my parents got me several years ago. I got DH a dress watch a couple of years ago... he turned out to be every bit as picky as I am about my stuff despite vociferous assertions to the contrary :bigsmile: had to have a leather strap, a specific shape, no explicit numerics on the dial, plain white metal... we finally found one (in-budget!) that he liked the look of, though he still bemoans having to wind the thing. I don't think I have any pics of it on him but here's one from a jewellery family shot soon after I bought it, only realised after taking a bunch of pics that I hadn't removed the protective plastic :rolleyes: Cellini Danaos 4243

ETA: Okay, I gotta say it, buying this thing scared me!! I trawled a Rolex forum for a few weeks before buying and OMG the stuff they talk and talk and talk and talk about... they sounded exactly like, y'know, us, only I wasn't remotely interested in their discussions! ::) honestly, the only thing I got from it was that Rolexes are faked a lot and I'm not qualified to spot the differences so I'd better just buy from an AD!

img_0640.png

Hi Yssie, my DH now wants a leather band Rolex too, with a "deployment strap". WHAT?? So I'm gonna have to do some research of my own too. ;-) Your DH's watch is beautiful...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love everyone's watches!

Congrats with your new Tank DS! I love the Tank Francaise. It's such a classic design :naughty:
Here is mine:

I also have a stainless steel vintage Rolex.

_13023.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="LLJsmom|1388084991|
Hi Yssie, my DH now wants a leather band Rolex too, with a "deployment strap". WHAT?? So I'm gonna have to do some research of my own too. ;-) Your DH's watch is beautiful...[/quote]

LLJ
This is what he meant by "deployant strap"

img_3143.jpg

dscn0173.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1388085265|3580892 said:
Love everyone's watches!

Congrats with your new Tank DS! I love the Tank Francaise. It's such a classic design :naughty:
Here is mine:

I also have a stainless steel vintage Rolex.

Oh dear, that's beautiful... closer shots please??

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1388085454|3580894 said:
[quote="LLJsmom|1388084991|
Hi Yssie, my DH now wants a leather band Rolex too, with a "deployment strap". WHAT?? So I'm gonna have to do some research of my own too. ;-) Your DH's watch is beautiful...

LLJ
This is what he meant by "deployant strap"[/quote]

Dancing Fire, thank you so much. So it's like metal strap, but leather, and adjustable I assume? Do you like it and do you find it easy to use? Any pros and cons, if you don't mind sharing? You don't happen to know if Rolex makes those with leather straps? I guess I should stop by an authorized dealer...

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are 2 of mine - will post the other 2 later. The top one is a Movado and the bottom one is an 18 karat yellow gold Rolex date just with a diamond dial and bezel.

_13028.jpg

_13029.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All 4 of them: Rolex, 18 karat yellow gold Corum, diamond bezel, Piaget with a lapis face and diamond & sapphire bezel, Movado.

_13030.jpg

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my recent purchase. It is an Aquanautic Princess Cuda with Diamond face and bezel.

img_00001305.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results