clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to see you here, TGal! Beautiful watch!

So is yours, lktx! I don't know how I'd even choose between the bracelets and bezels since I like both styles!

ANDELAIN!!! My goodness, you have a watch collection to rival your diamond collection! Wow!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kaoms352|1388108092|3581055 said:
My fiancés rolex with black mother of perl dial with diamond markers.
beautiful combo!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TravelingGal|1388128183|3581168 said:
I have had my watch for a couple of years and still love it. More of a watch wearer's watch than a jewelry house watch .

Zenith Moonphase...

You have no idea how much I lust after this watch!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
DS- Thanks for starting this thread. I love your Tank! So classic.

I have been spending a lot of time lurking on the watch forums in anticipation of buying a quality luxury watch next year. Tried on several Rolex watches recently as well. Loved the Datejust! I'm going to visit Cartier to try on the Tank, Balloon Blue and Santos as well.

Love all of the gorgeous watches in this thread. Keep them coming everyone :))

TGal-That Zenith is amazing!
DF-Wow!

April20

Ideal_Rock
Oh man. I LOVE a nice watch. I have a Tag Hauer Link I've been wearing for seven years that I adore. No pics though. I have my eye on a Baume & Mercier that I need to save for AND talk DH into letting me purchase. It's a larger purchase than my Tag, but I bought that pre-marriage and he probably has no idea what I paid for it. I'd kill for a Cartier, but I don't know if I would ever pull that off. I might try though!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I too love this thread!

Here are two of my husband's watches that I especially admire (although I do not believe the Nomos technically qualifies by our definition, it is undoubtedly luxurious so I included it anyways...)

_13150.jpg

_13151.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hudson_Hawk|1388169140|3581389 said:
What is a good entry level "special" watch for a man? By special I mean like heirloom quality, not your average timex or seiko.

My dad opted for Patek Philippe's watches many years ago, and if I were to get a watch for someone that is very special, I would do the same.

DK :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1388311144|3582387 said:
What is a good entry level "special" watch for a man? By special I mean like heirloom quality, not your average timex or seiko.

My dad opted for Patek Philippe's watches many years ago, and if I were to get a watch for someone that is very special, I would do the same.

That sounds like a great 20th anniversary present but not quite an entry level watch with prices from $25k to well over $100k! Your dad had very good taste, as does DF!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I have a JLC reverse duo. I don't have a pic for it but I have a google image of it. Mine has a black alligator strap instead of the brown one you see below. It has 2 faces... One for local time and one for holiday (different time zone) time or one for every day look and another for dress up occasion. So, I get 2 looks/ watches for the price of one!

_13173.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my hubby's DateJust II, 41mm size. I bought it for him this year for his 60th birthday. He loves the smooth bezel. He also has a Tag Grand Carrera brown face but it is getting serviced right now and a Tag Aqua Racer. I wear a men's Baume & Mercier 14kt gold and stainless watch for everyday wear. I also own a diamond Concord Impressario. My newest that I got for Christmas is a Michelle Deco16 diamond. Right now it has a stainless band but I am going to get the deco diamond band and switch it out. I absolutely love all the Cartier tanks on here. That is on my wish list. :cheeky:

dsc_0531.jpg

dsc_0535.jpg

dsc_0536.jpg

christmas_1.jpg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! I love this thread!! :love:
You just knew that hiding under all those sleeve cuffs there were a bevy of fabulous watches that would like their moment in the sun!!
All of the watches posted so far have been outstanding!!
Here are my three.. two blingy and one plain. :D

photo-231.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1388339501|3582529 said:
Here is my hubby's DateJust II, 41mm size. I bought it for him this year for his 60th birthday. He loves the smooth bezel. He also has a Tag Grand Carrera brown face but it is getting serviced right now and a Tag Aqua Racer. I wear a men's Baume & Mercier 14kt gold and stainless watch for everyday wear. I also own a diamond Concord Impressario. My newest that I got for Christmas is a Michelle Deco16 diamond. Right now it has a stainless band but I am going to get the deco diamond band and switch it out. I absolutely love all the Cartier tanks on here. That is on my wish list. :cheeky:

Catmom, my hubby and I both LOVE the smooth bezel on the DateJust too. I just had to wipe the drool off my keyboard. I would love a silver face on silver watch. That is a PERFECT size.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1388341193|3582550 said:

Catmom, my hubby and I both LOVE the smooth bezel on the DateJust too. I just had to wipe the drool off my keyboard. I would love a silver face on silver watch. That is a PERFECT size.

Thanks LLJsmom! The silver face is really striking in person. I just love this watch! The 41mm is the perfect size for hubby. He's a big guy, 6' 4" so the smaller ones just didn't look right on his wrist.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1388342446|3582568 said:
LLJsmom|1388341193|3582550 said:

Thanks LLJsmom! The silver face is really striking in person. I just love this watch! The 41mm is the perfect size for hubby. He's a big guy, 6' 4" so the smaller ones just didn't look right on his wrist.

I have to go on about this watch. It's the second one I saw in this thread. You picked the perfect watxh It is elegant, masculine, understated but strong, perfectly sized, simple but bold and confident, and just... OMG, can you fall in love with a guy b/c you love his watch??

I REALLY want to talk my DH into this one. :Up_to_something:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I am sorry I did not think to post this thread before now!!! PSer's have outstanding watches to go with their rings!!! I love all the great watches posted on this thread so please do not think if I missed commenting on yours that I don't appreciate it!

Rosebloom...your hubby has very nice watches!

Greg...I LOVE JLC watches! :love: I like the women's Reverso and Rendez-Vous! My Cartier dealer carries JLC, too!

Catmom....lovely collection and I especially love the new Michelle watch with blue face!!!

Gosh, you people with multiple Rolexes make me sick! lol...jk!!! Very nice collection Rubies-are-me!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1388327074|3582444 said:
dk168|1388311144|3582387 said:

That sounds like a great 20th anniversary present but not quite an entry level watch with prices from $25k to well over $100k! Your dad had very good taste, as does DF!

Luckily, I don't have a special someone to buy for, nor the money to do so! :bigsmile:

I have been trying to persuade my mum to let me sell my dad's two Patek Philippes, rather than to sit in a safe deposit box gathering dust. The papers are all there, and they are worth something, based on what I could see in one of Christie's catalogues that listed watches from the same period.

Just need to work harder to make her see sense not to hang on to anything that may be of value, as she can't take them to her grave, and they are no use to me and my bro as they are.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK, ahhhh, that is a shame for them to be sitting in a safe deposit box when someone could love them. Hopefully your mom will come around!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, what an incredible Rolex, LoganS!!!! :love: The solid gold ones are so beautiful!!!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
For my daily wearing, I have a round faced Chopard Happy Diamonds with a metal band and a Breitling with a blue pearl face. No pics on my computer at the moment.

This is an inherited Graff that sits in the safety deposit box.
graffwatch.jpg

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire, your collection, WOW!!! I love that you post the backside as well. That A. Lange & Sohne moonphase is hubby's dream watch. Both his 30th and 35th birthday gifts have been watches, so maybe for his 40th=)

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My 38mm Chanel J12 chromatic.

20140102_162220.jpg

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DH's Blancpain for his 35th.

20140102_162446.jpg

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

For me, it really depends on the age. DH's "entry level" watch was an IWC pilot's spitfire. It's a bulkier, which I think looks better on younger men. But DH is not yet 40 and has moved onto thin watches, so I'm not sure he wants to be called "older". haha!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CareBear|1388653255|3584714 said:

For me, it really depends on the age. DH's "entry level" watch was an IWC pilot's spitfire. It's a bulkier, which I think looks better on younger men. But DH is not yet 40 and has moved onto thin watches, so I'm not sure he wants to be called "older". haha!
:wink2:

http://en.worldtempus.com/watches/lange-sohne/saxonia-saxonia-thin-211032

http://www.jomashop.com/jaeger-watch-q1362520.html

http://www.jomashop.com/a-lange-and-sohne-watch-216032.html

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results