shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

Octave

Shiny_Rock
This is my watch booty from last year. First a new diamond dial for my WG DayDate, then a YG DayDate as a new every day watch and finally a DayDate Rainbow from Hubby for Christmas.
So, no more DayDates, I need to find a new lead topic for this year!

46180178-0BD2-4419-A404-CEA17FD06A40.jpeg

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
This is my watch booty from last year. First a new diamond dial for my WG DayDate, then a YG DayDate as a new every day watch and finally a DayDate Rainbow from Hubby for Christmas.

So beautiful and the variety is perfection!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

WOAH! The rainbow is AMAZING!!! I saw it once in person and was drooling.All of your watches are the best of the best of Rolex but the rainbow is extra FANTASTIC.
I'm blown away by your collection!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

Amazing collection

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My lovely Tank SolarBeat- I had wanted a Tank for years, then when this version came out I had to wait months to get one! Anyway, it’s gorgeous, the battery apparently lasts for 16 years and the strap is vegan leather. Size small- my wrist is 5.5 inches.

7B523EBA-0F97-44A3-BE44-FCA5BDCC8156.jpeg

I love Tanks and really think this new one is great! Do you know if they are putting in that the SolarBeat movement in all of them now? It doesn't say the words SolarBeat on the Cartier site. I am just curious about this because it seems all quartz watches should change to this type of movement if it is accurate and lasts that long.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

All of your watches are just GORGEOUS!!! :kiss2:

Octave

Shiny_Rock
WOAH! The rainbow is AMAZING!!! I saw it once in person and was drooling.All of your watches are the best of the best of Rolex but the rainbow is extra FANTASTIC.
I'm blown away by your collection!

Thank you so much! I‘m glad that you like my little collection.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Tanks and really think this new one is great! Do you know if they are putting in that the SolarBeat movement in all of them now? It doesn't say the words SolarBeat on the Cartier site. I am just curious about this because it seems all quartz watches should change to this type of movement if it is accurate and lasts that long.

Thank you @diamondseeker2006! The SolarBeat Tanks have taken ages to get to the market and I don’t think they’re widely available yet. I totally agree it would make sense to use the technology more widely and maybe eventually that will happen.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @diamondseeker2006! The SolarBeat Tanks have taken ages to get to the market and I don’t think they’re widely available yet. I totally agree it would make sense to use the technology more widely and maybe eventually that will happen.

The reason I asked is that on many of the watches they say "quartz movement". But on these Tanks, it says "high autonomy quartz movement". I guess I could call Cartier and ask!

I just did a search and found this:

"In 2018, Cartier introduced a high-efficiency quartz movement with an autonomy of approximately 8 years – twice as long as traditional movements. To achieve this feat, the Cartier Manufacture reworked and resized the movement to reduce its energy consumption and combined this with a new high-performance battery.
This is a new generation, more water-resistant battery that boasts a longer life, optimising self-discharge by halving it and has, in addition a 5% higher capacity."

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The reason I asked is that on many of the watches they say "quartz movement". But on these Tanks, it says "high autonomy quartz movement". I guess I could call Cartier and ask!

I just did a search and found this:

"In 2018, Cartier introduced a high-efficiency quartz movement with an autonomy of approximately 8 years – twice as long as traditional movements. To achieve this feat, the Cartier Manufacture reworked and resized the movement to reduce its energy consumption and combined this with a new high-performance battery.
This is a new generation, more water-resistant battery that boasts a longer life, optimising self-discharge by halving it and has, in addition a 5% higher capacity."

There are two Tank models now, which look identical- the SolarBeat description is available on the U.K. Cartier site,

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are two Tank models now, which look identical- the SolarBeat description is available on the U.K. Cartier site,

Okay, thanks for linking that! It appears to me that the UK has SolarBeat and regular quartz and the US site has kind of an advanced quartz. Looks like they are experimenting with the Tank Must models and perhaps they will eventually offer the other options in other styles. I almost never wear a watch and sold my Tank Francaise last year. But I do love Cartier watches and might try another one someday! The SolarBeat has great potential and I hope they expand the use of it!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, thanks for linking that! It appears to me that the UK has SolarBeat and regular quartz and the US site has kind of an advanced quartz. Looks like they are experimenting with the Tank Must models and perhaps they will eventually offer the other options in other styles. I almost never wear a watch and sold my Tank Francaise last year. But I do love Cartier watches and might try another one someday! The SolarBeat has great potential and I hope they expand the use of it!

Oh yes, that would be great! I have a couple of other non Cartier quartz watches, which I don’t wear that often. It’s really frustrating when I take them out of the box and they’re not running. I’m not enough of a watch aficionado to want a mechanical movement, so a watch that goes for 16 years is perfect for me! I’d love a Tank Francaise with a solar battery. I’m planning to save up and hope the technology catches up!

Octave

Shiny_Rock
Oh yes, that would be great! I have a couple of other non Cartier quartz watches, which I don’t wear that often. It’s really frustrating when I take them out of the box and they’re not running. I’m not enough of a watch aficionado to want a mechanical movement, so a watch that goes for 16 years is perfect for me! I’d love a Tank Francaise with a solar battery. I’m planning to save up and hope the technology catches up!

How about an automatic watch on a watch winder? Runs forever, you never have to adjust again, you never ever have to change batteries, simply perfect.

cm_ls1

Shiny_Rock
AP ROO

cAiXPyh.jpg

qagUFuI.jpg

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not as luxurious as most of the ones here but I am enjoying my new Longines :) after wearing my previous one daily for the past few years! EE3399DF-19E0-46B4-BAD4-966EE36A2761.jpeg

Attachments

• 978E5046-8E52-476A-8B70-B309F7E61A0B.jpeg
    978E5046-8E52-476A-8B70-B309F7E61A0B.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 47

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

EllenS1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love the red leather band! I have an Omega with a red leather band that I love.

Thank you and please do post a pic of yours too!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not as luxurious as most of the ones here but I am enjoying my new Longines :) after wearing my previous one daily for the past few years! EE3399DF-19E0-46B4-BAD4-966EE36A2761.jpeg

I would say that is pretty luxurious! It is beautiful and looks gorgeous with your bracelets!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results