shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your James/Caleb Meyer-Ann McKay and the like!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
ok - being serious now...

1961 and 1782. altho to be honest, my favorite caleb meyer ring is;

http://www.calebmeyer.com/detail.php?id=39361

i love that ring. it has a clarity to its lines which i just love. but i LOVE scroll work also, so 1961 and 1782 really tickle my fancy also.

well that was no help at all, was it?

what a wonderful thing to be indecisive about, Upgradable! :)
30.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still like 1130 best...and this is my personal favorite that I look at constantly-- http://www.calebmeyer.com/detail.php?id=39031

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 12:39:57 PM
Author: packrat
I still like 1130 best...and this is my personal favorite that I look at constantly-- http://www.calebmeyer.com/detail.php?id=39031

I love that one too!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 12:13:06 PM
Author: Upgradable
These are all Caleb Meyer designs I'm considering for my oec. They're all beautiful in their own right. I wish I weren't so indecisive!

Out of these I like the 1130 and the 1203. The 3 stone looks cool too!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
***Question ladies:

What do you all think of the CM 3 stone rings? I emailed JM about a 3 stone, and he's supposed to send me some images which I will post.

I've decided to reset my 3 stone (oec) tran cuts, and I may go with a Meyer. Has anyone seen these in person? How delicate are they? I'd love 3 millgrain delicate bezels, but I worry it may be too much. Here's a pic of the ring currently.

Up--don't get mad at me! The ring sits too high off my finger--that's why I am resetting. I may still do prongs, but I'm looking for ideas. Whaddya think? I want to do plat prongs or bezels with a more substantial yellow gold shank.

euro3stone323.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
And here's a partial profile--It sits really high. I want these stones to sit no more than 6mm off the finger. The shank is really thin too, and I want something substantial. So any 3 stone Meyer/McKay advice would be great--thanks! I want the ring to feel substantial in shank thickness, but not look like an NFL ring yanno? haha

Stones are 5mm, 5.6mm, 5mm. Total weight is 1.5ct.

euro3stone9222.jpg

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
These are all Caleb Meyer designs I''m considering for my oec. They''re all beautiful in their own right. I wish I weren''t so indecisive!
Hmm I really like 1130 and 582 (they are all lovely though!!!)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
See how the stones stick straight up? I''d love them to curve more around the finger. That might look cool with a JM delicate bezels. What you think?

ssseeel999.jpg

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 1:47:21 PM
Author: coatimundi
***Question ladies:

What do you all think of the CM 3 stone rings? I emailed JM about a 3 stone, and he''s supposed to send me some images which I will post.

I''ve decided to reset my 3 stone (oec) tran cuts, and I may go with a Meyer. Has anyone seen these in person? How delicate are they? I''d love 3 millgrain delicate bezels, but I worry it may be too much. Here''s a pic of the ring currently.

Up--don''t get mad at me! The ring sits too high off my finger--that''s why I am resetting. I may still do prongs, but I''m looking for ideas. Whaddya think? I want to do plat prongs or bezels with a more substantial yellow gold shank.
Coati,
I''ve never seen a Meyer 3-stone in person. Personally, I think the bezels would need to be SUPER delicate (so the diamonds don''t end up between your fingers!!)
The only 3-stones I''ve seen (Meyer-style) seem to have thicker bezels ("base" included) and a little space in between. I think this would work if your finger was ~size 8, but since you''ve already got good coverage, I would go for a super delicate Singlestone style bezel (with a thicker shank)

Thats just one opinion!!! I''m excited to see the pictures JM sends you-- maybe he''s got something up his sleeve! (not to mention any excuse to see more of his masterpieces
1.gif
)

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 2:13:29 PM
Author: paeony
Coati,

I''ve never seen a Meyer 3-stone in person. Personally, I think the bezels would need to be SUPER delicate (so the diamonds don''t end up between your fingers!!)

The only 3-stones I''ve seen (Meyer-style) seem to have thicker bezels (''base'' included) and a little space in between. I think this would work if your finger was ~size 8, but since you''ve already got good coverage, I would go for a super delicate Singlestone style bezel (with a thicker shank)

Thats just one opinion!!! I''m excited to see the pictures JM sends you-- maybe he''s got something up his sleeve! (not to mention any excuse to see more of his masterpieces
1.gif
)

Thanks paeony!

That''s exactly what I was thinking--bezels need to be super delicate, as I don''t want the NFL look! My finger is a size 4, so yah, plenty of coverage already! I wonder if the Meyer bezels could sit without the space in between, and be made to be more delicate. My JM bezel is less than 1mm, so maybe? In any case, I''ll post pics when he sends them over.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Coati, I understand. Comfort and my personal style are so important to me, and my preferences are often sooo different than many other peoples''. I think a JM three stone would be incredible: delicate but distinctive! I''d want it to be platform though, like your other ring. Seeing the pavilion and culet is sooo sexy! There is a Caleb Meyer that is just thin bezels that is platform. I''ll see if I can find it.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here it is.

Caleb Meyer 565.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 4:05:21 PM
Here it is.

I LOVE it! Yay! That is really pretty, and I think it could be so cool with these cuts. I bet it''s more delicate in person too. What do you think about millgrain on the bezels? It looks like it sits low too. Thanks UPG!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I think milgraining the inside of the bezels would give recognition to the vintage cuts, but the ring is sleek and would showcase the stones beautifully! That, or add just one small embellishment on the band. I''d love to see a James Meyer interp of this mounting!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Ohhhhhh....so many beautiful things in this thread...

Coati - I just wanted to say your 3-stone is sooooo beautiful. Don''t be mad but I love love love it as it is! Although once you reset it, I will be gushing over how much better it is. You have amazing taste. What a great buy that was. It''s soooo pretty!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Upgradeable - I love the 1130! But they are all yummy.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 4:29:55 PM
Yes, I think milgraining the inside of the bezels would give recognition to the vintage cuts, but the ring is sleek and would showcase the stones beautifully! That, or add just one small embellishment on the band. I''d love to see a James Meyer interp of this mounting!

I like the way you think! I think light engraving or texture on the shank would be perfect, and the millgrain would enhance the old stones. All right--this is what I think I want!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 4:32:19 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Date: 3/7/2009 1:22:57 PM

SDL--here are a couple Caleb Meyer bands that are really cool. Their bands are custom, so they could make what you want if you were interested.

This one is really cool, and could be modified to have sapphires and diamonds.

I wonder if this could be done with rounds.. very cool! I love these rings.. I am a super fan of the Caleb Meyer rings now.. they''re just beautiful.

*eta, Coati.. can the ladies CM rings be made with any size diamond?

I bet they could do it with rounds--would look lovely. And yah, they can be made with any size stone. Why?--Whatcha thinkin??
1.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 4:34:35 PM
Author: Bliss
Ohhhhhh....so many beautiful things in this thread...

Coati - I just wanted to say your 3-stone is sooooo beautiful. Don''t be mad but I love love love it as it is! Although once you reset it, I will be gushing over how much better it is. You have amazing taste. What a great buy that was. It''s soooo pretty!

haha--thanks!--not mad at all! I loved it that way at first, but I just don''t wear it, because it sits too high, and it is not fluid enough for my liking, but it is definitely a cool ring! Thanks for the sweet comments!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
These are all Caleb Meyer designs I''m considering for my oec. They''re all beautiful in their own right. I wish I weren''t so indecisive!

On another look, I''m really loving 1816 for your stone...and 3 stone.
31.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Here are my three oecs: (l to r) .41, .84, .43. All are H/I VS/SI. I think I''d love this three stone for them too! Coati, could we be three stone twins? That would satisfy my Meyer Desire and I could happily set my 1 carat in the 22k Singlestone.

Coati, may I hijack this a bit and ask you to describe what you saw and felt about the yellow gold Singlestone ring? I wish to he** I could make a damned decision about how to mount this stone!

three stone dream.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/8/2009 4:52:34 PM
Here are my three oecs: (l to r) .41, .84, .43. All are H/I VS/SI. I think I''d love this three stone for them too! Coati, could we be three stone twins? That would satisfy my Meyer Desire and I could happily set my 1 carat in the 22k Singlestone.

Coati, may I hijack this a bit and ask you to describe what you saw and felt about the yellow gold Singlestone ring? I wish to he** I could make a damned decision about how to mount this stone!

YesYes!! After seeing this pic?? 3 stone yah! Let''s be twins-I am a gemini after all.
3.gif

I like your idea about the 1ct in SS too! I saw the SS ring with a 4+ carat, and it totally inspired me. Someday I''d like to set a 1ct in it too--a regular rb. It''s just a simple rich yg setting--stunning. I like your idea of adding texture. I''m yg crazed right now, so I''m biased.

Your stones are gorgeous! I can totally see that 3 stone from your pic!

Now, question for you:
Since my 3 tran cuts are about the same size, would it look strange? I like how your side stones look with your center stone--nice balance. I''m curious as to what mine would look like. hmmmm

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I also found this setting from Stuller that I think is gorgeous, but it only takes 4.4mm stones. It comes in all white, yellow/white, and pink/white.

Stuller 121444.JPG

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/8/2009 3:15:59 PM

Thanks paeony!

That''s exactly what I was thinking--bezels need to be super delicate, as I don''t want the NFL look! My finger is a size 4, so yah, plenty of coverage already! I wonder if the Meyer bezels could sit without the space in between, and be made to be more delicate. My JM bezel is less than 1mm, so maybe? In any case, I''ll post pics when he sends them over.
I really like the ring UpG posted!-- I went back to look at CM rings-- looks like this question is answered (not that you would have to have them this close... just to know its possible
2.gif
)

CM127tri.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Paeony! Very interesting--sort of like a small shared bezel area. That looks great. I like that idea for these stones on this finger--saves a little room. Cool!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
i''m thinking about getting *this* made...

http://www.calebmeyer.com/detail.php?id=39140

(i really need to learn how to embed a link - sorry!)

i''d have it made with larger stones, as my finger is a size 8. i have a number of small stones between 1/4 and 1/2 ct left over from other projects and i already have a very old ring like this made with rubies and thought it''d look great with diamonds. when i saw this ring it was like - ''BINGO!''

this ring totals1.16, but i''m thinking more of a total weight of 1.54 and having it slightly graduated to give it a more organic feel, and bringing the ends to a point, rather than a squared off blunt end. i have a pair of very sparkly .25ct, and a pair of .equally sparkly 32ct, all blue nile signature brilliant cut, all E VS stones, and i''d still need to get a .40ct.

and then i''m thinking engraving - probably having the pattern in my antique ruby ring copied.

anyway, this is my next big project :)

5stonebeadsetring.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Whitby, I think that ring is beautiful!! If I''d have found that when I was looking for a five stone mounting, that''s exactly what I''d have done. But then I wouldn''t have my beautiful Winfield''s creation.....

Tell you what, since mine is a size 8 also, why don''t we impliment a "sparkly exchange program" where rings go live with another host family for six months or so?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
upgradable - i''m all for that!

i recently heard about a group of women - about a dozen in total i think - who pitched in together and bought a diamond necklace. they had a contract which they all signed, and they each had the necklace for one month each year. they ultimately wrote a book about how the experience had affected them, and it was fascinating to hear. most were affected because they''d met other women, and they''d been forced to connect socially with new people. some realized it wasn''t the necklace they wanted, but to re-find their own youth. and some realized that you can add as much adornment as you like, but that true beauty comes from within. anyway, fascinating stuff!

so i''m all for sharing :)

do you have photos of your 5 stone? i *love* them and would love to see yours if you can point me to a link. normally i''m a three stone junkie and i''m considering my third one at the moment. but i''m also working on a couple of pairs of diamond earrings and... good grief. i need to get off this roller coaster!

26.gif
26.gif
26.gif
26.gif
26.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Don''t look at me, I''m riding in the car right behind you!!!!

A list of my "current" projects: diamond leverback earrings, 1 carat oec remount, 3 stone oec, add dangle to vintage pin, decide on yellow gold diamond earrings (stud or dangle)

fivestoneavatar2341.JPG

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
jaw on FLOOR...!!

upgradable, if you''re still around, could you pls start a new thread for that? or even better - one called ''upgradable''s upcoming projects'' so we can talk about it? i wanna hear about ALL of those!!

and i''m working on 6 rings, 2 pairs of earrings, and a pin, so i wanna tell you about mine, too!!

new thread pls!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results