jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2009 1:38:53 PM
Author: purselover

Date: 8/15/2009 3:55:27 AM
Author: 4ever

Date: 8/15/2009 12:57:13 AM
Author: jaylex
Here''s my promise ring that bf gave me on our 1 year (and 3 months lol) anniversary.
It''s from Kay
23.gif

But I fell in love with it when I saw it and it introduced me to my jewelry love, ROSE GOLD!! We''ve been together for almost 4 years now and I wear it every day on my left hand ring finger. I only take it off to shower or swim. She will probably be transferred to my right hand when bf proposes with my rose gold solitaire!
Wooooo, tell your BF to hurry up because I''d love to see this!
me too, I''m glad to see another rose gold fan! I have a rose gold solitaire and I love it
30.gif
I''m so jealous of all your rose gold jewelry, I definitely need to add to my collection.
Aw Thanks! would you mind posting a pic of yours?! I''d
30.gif
to see it!

and suchende, love your rings.. wear that promise ring proudly and welcome to the club! lol

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
thanks jaylex! i love that contrast of white and rose gold-- very striking.

Lofi

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my promise ring that bf gave me on our 1 year (and 3 months lol) anniversary.

It''s from Kay
23.gif

But I fell in love with it when I saw it and it introduced me to my jewelry love, ROSE GOLD!! We''ve been together for almost 4 years now and I wear it every day on my left hand ring finger. I only take it off to shower or swim. She will probably be transferred to my right hand when bf proposes with my rose gold solitaire!

Jaylex - This ring looks so pretty! Do you have any hand shots of it??

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/24/2009 12:12:58 PM
Author: vc10um
Date: 8/23/2009 10:04:04 PM

Author: supergirl10

It is not an expensive ring. He orginally was going to have it made, but then found exactly what he wanted at a chain jewellers.

He had thought long and hard about what it should look like. He wanted blue stones (our mutual fav colour) and diamonds (promise of engagement later) and he liked the symbolism of the crossover (two of us). Yes its a bit cheesy but I love it.
9.gif

I love your (former) handwarmer! AND the cheese!
3.gif

Awwwh thanks VC, i was actually thinking that the whole saphire and diamond band idea could be a good stacker ring (as a future gift)
11.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I just got these back from the jewelers! They''re my new finger warmers!

This is my grandmother''s wedding set, she passed away in November of 2005 and was one of my favorite people in the entire world. I''m the oldest granddaughter, so I got the rings, but they were pretty beat up when I got them and the tiny center stone from the E-Ring was long gone. After a recommendation from another PS-er, I finally found a jeweler and had the E-Ring reset with a 0.08 carat Ceylon Sapphire, and both rings were intensely cleaned and dipped in Rhodium. They''re gorgeous! Before and after shots below!

Ring Before and After.JPG

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
A handshot from a distance...

Summer 2009 171a.jpg

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
And the obligatory flower shot on the roses FF got me on Monday!
9.gif

Summer 2009 178a.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 1:19:23 AM
Author: LFVDoll

It''s from Kay
23.gif

Jaylex - This ring looks so pretty! Do you have any hand shots of it??
Thank you! and surprisingly no...
8.gif

I guess I never got around to taking one.. and my nails look atrocious... maybe after I paint them tomorrow I can take a pic.. the diamond is teeny tiny.. probably wouldn''t show up in the pic but I love it all the same!

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
vc10um - what a sweet and lovely tribute to your grandmother. love it!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 4:11:12 PM
Author: MermaidKelly
i have a peridot ring that I wear most every day. It's not my birthstone, I just like it. Maybe later I'll figure out how to put a pic.
2.gif
Mermaid, I think peridots are so pretty! you should totally figure out how to post pics lol. I'd love to see what yours looks like!

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
http://www.dianaporter.co.uk/product.php/40/93/aojtnd_g

I bought this earlier this year with some money my nana left me, she died last December. I had seen it a long time before and thought it would make a beautiful engagement or wedding band, but knew that that would never happen and kind of forgot about it. When I decided I wanted to buy some jewellery to remember my nana by I started looking and remembered this. I thought it was kind of appropriate, that she might not be here, but in my heart she lives on and on...

I was wearing it on my left ring finger but then I got so many questions about whether or not it was an engagement ring that were just killing me, I've now swapped it to my right hand, although it doesn't feel as comfortable.

I have a lovely pic of it on my hand, but no room on my computer to upload photos! Hopefully by this weekend I'll have a new external hard drive so I can show you it's beauty in real life :)

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Parsley, that''s a beautiful ring! And such a fitting tribute to your nana!
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 9:50:17 PM
Wow, that ring looks a lot like my great-grandmother''s engagement ring, which is currently my engagement ring! Check it out.
1.gif

4857_98216915748_759545748_2208736_6653049_n.jpg

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
vc10um - thank you :) I love it and the other rings on the site. Hoping when the time comes I can wangle something else from there!

gwen - that is a gorgeous ring, absolutely beautiful. I much prefer smaller, simpler diamonds and bands, and that looks just amazing. I''m jealous!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 7:23:49 AM
Author: gwendolyn

Wow, that ring looks a lot like my great-grandmother''s engagement ring, which is currently my engagement ring! Check it out.
1.gif

They DO look alike!
9.gif
Yours is gorgeous!!!
10.gif
(protects eyes from all the sparkly...)

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
vc10um - I love the blue in your ring, whoever suggested that got it bang on! It looks so classy and beautiful. Will you be using them for wedding purposes, or just something special?

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 8:07:26 AM
Date: 9/3/2009 7:23:49 AM

Author: gwendolyn

1.gif

They DO look alike!
9.gif
Yours is gorgeous!!!
10.gif
(protects eyes from all the sparkly...)
Yours is as well! That blue is a perfect match with the ring--looks absolutely stunning!!
30.gif

Thanks so much for the compliment on my ring, Parsley!!
5.gif
(PS: Is it weird that when I see your username, I often want to call you Elvis Parsley?
3.gif
9.gif
)

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Thanks so much for the compliment on my ring, Parsley!!
5.gif
(PS: Is it weird that when I see your username, I often want to call you Elvis Parsley?
3.gif
9.gif
)

Hehe, I heard that was his real name but had to change it cause it wasn''t so rock n roll, more fish supper.
19.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2009 1:01:43 AM

Date: 8/24/2009 1:38:53 PM
Author: purselover

Date: 8/15/2009 3:55:27 AM
Author: 4ever

It''s from Kay
23.gif

Wooooo, tell your BF to hurry up because I''d love to see this!
me too, I''m glad to see another rose gold fan! I have a rose gold solitaire and I love it
30.gif
I''m so jealous of all your rose gold jewelry, I definitely need to add to my collection.
Aw Thanks! would you mind posting a pic of yours?! I''d
30.gif
to see it!

and suchende, love your rings.. wear that promise ring proudly and welcome to the club! lol
I''ll post pictures this weekend for you

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/3/2009 8:10:48 AM
Author: Parsley
vc10um - I love the blue in your ring, whoever suggested that got it bang on! It looks so classy and beautiful. Will you be using them for wedding purposes, or just something special?

I''ve always loved sapphires in white gold, so I knew that''s what I wanted going it, and the jeweler and I sat there with several different shades of Ceylons looking for the perfect one. This one is generally referred to as "cornflower" blue.
4.gif
As for wedding purposes, I''ll probably wear the wedding band on my right hand with my E-ring (whatever FF decides to buy!) during the ceremony and reception as my "something old", and I might have Gma''s e-ring wrapped into my bouquet.
9.gif

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my promise ring (.50tcw G/SI1) - I was given it 3 months into our relationship as a surprise
6.gif
. I wear it on my right hand as my FI was true to his promise and proposed 9 months later with an engagement ring
1.gif
. I never wanted a promise ring and thought it was a little strange because no-one buys promise rings in the UK but now I have it, I wouldn't part with it
1.gif

Promise ringjpg2.jpg

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Wow, everyone has such beautiful bling!!!

I need to take some pics, but my finger warmer is a trillion-cut rose sapphire. (It''s from my parents, but whatevs, I love it)

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
bump
4.gif

Novel

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread!
36.gif
Any present with meaning is so important.

Here are mine. They were a Chrismukah present last year from my boyfriend. When I wore them to work, my boss told me (with serious foreboding in her voice) that rings are a very serious present! I just like looking at them and thinking of us, you know?

sidewaysstack_med_2.jpg

MermaidKelly

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/2/2009 11:11:33 PM
Date: 8/20/2009 4:11:12 PM

Author: MermaidKelly

i have a peridot ring that I wear most every day. It''s not my birthstone, I just like it. Maybe later I''ll figure out how to put a pic.
2.gif
Mermaid, I think peridots are so pretty! you should totally figure out how to post pics lol. I''d love to see what yours looks like!

Because of your reply, I actually tried to take a few pictures, but they all came out blurry! I don''t know what I''m doing wrong!
33.gif
I looked at the tips in ''Show me the ring'' about pictures and it said to use ''flower setting'', but I tried that and still had no luck!
7.gif

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Sorry bout the rubbishy phone pic! This isn''t the ring I mentioned earlier, this is one my boyfriend bought for me after we''d been going out for I think about a month. It''s not symbolic of anything, it was a tenner from accesorize, but I absolutely love it! I used to wear it every day but since it was cheap it''s worn away quite quickly at the back, and I''m scared it will break, so now it''s on a chain in my jewellery box staying safe. :)

DSC00990_400x300.shkl.JPG

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s one!
I just got my nails done (ahh! she cut them too short!) so I figured I''d take a pic before my promise ring gets moved to a different finger for an ering! (Crosses fingers!)

My pretty promise ring is dirty and needs to be polished but I still love her!
Plus I think that the camera was focusing on the granite so you can barely see the diamond. ohh well.

promiseringhandshot91209.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2009 4:33:59 PM
Author: Novel
I love this thread!
36.gif
Any present with meaning is so important.

Here are mine. They were a Chrismukah present last year from my boyfriend. When I wore them to work, my boss told me (with serious foreboding in her voice) that rings are a very serious present! I just like looking at them and thinking of us, you know?
lovely! I think pear shaped colored stones are so pretty!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/10/2009 1:03:54 PM
Author: Parsley
Sorry bout the rubbishy phone pic! This isn''t the ring I mentioned earlier, this is one my boyfriend bought for me after we''d been going out for I think about a month. It''s not symbolic of anything, it was a tenner from accesorize, but I absolutely love it! I used to wear it every day but since it was cheap it''s worn away quite quickly at the back, and I''m scared it will break, so now it''s on a chain in my jewellery box staying safe. :)
Wow! that''s really neat! that''s sad that you can''t wear it anymore.. is there any way to fix it?

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Sadly no :( Like I said, it''s just an el cheapo ring, so not very strong metal, so I think that something that might repair a more expensive (and better quality metal) ring might be too strong for it..you know? I''m happy to have it on a chain and kept safe in my jewellery box. I''d rather have it somewhere safe to look at whenever I want than lose it whilst wearing it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results