shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your finger warmers !

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock

Hi Ladies (and Gents),

Since I''ve been shamelessly been showing off my own new fingerwarmer, I''m curious about what you''re wearing jewellery-wise to help the LIWitis.

Show me your promise rings, hope rings, birthstone rings, RHRs, placeholders, cz trials, diamond anything..... whatever you consider to be appropriate
(if your waiting jewellery is actually a necklace, earrings or a bracelet that''s ok too.

If your not a LIW, feel free to post appropriate adornments you wore during your time as a LIW (or equivalent).

Let the wanton bling lovefest begin!

curiously yours,
HD

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
no pictures unfortunately, but it was a claddaugh ring, just basic sterling silver. i wore it the ''single'' way on my ring finger since we weren''t married, but then one night my then boyfriend (now DH, yay!!) put it on my finger the other way and told me he wanted everyone to know we were going to get married eventually. I kept it there until it broke one day haha, I''m glad I don''t believe in omens!

My finger was naked for about 2 years until we did actually get engaged.

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
cute thread idea HopeDream!

here''s a pic of my eternity ring that BF gave to me. i guess you would consider it a "promise" ring, but he calls it the "i love you" ring.
2.gif
i hope to wear it as part of my wedding set one day too.

it''s a 1ctw (20 stones - 5 pts each) H color VS1 in 18k white gold. even though i adore the shared single prong setting, i hope to get it reset in bezels. i''m pretty rough with my hands at work, so i would love to have something more durable. i''ve had 2 stones fall out before, and i know i probably shouldn''t wear them while at work but, what''s the point of having a sparkly if you can''t wear it?
3.gif

vipebandflr.jpg

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
here's a pic of a cool pendant BF gave to me also. i'm not sure if i consider it LIWitis jewelry, but i thought i'd share anyway. BF said he had to get it for me since it looked like a fan - my last name is pronounced like "fan" and said he'll always be my biggest "fan".
9.gif

yeah, we're total dorks!

vipfannecklace.jpg

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I consider my sapphire ring my finger warmer
1.gif
It was BF''s present to me for our one-year dating anniversary - we''re almost at 2 years now! (My 2 year present is a kitten
2.gif
)

Richard Homer concave cut cushion sapphire in the James Allen common prong (1.9 mm) setting

It''s the one on the left

BEGBlue.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
it''s not a ring but it is something that I hold dear... they are my grandmas pearls and I plan on wearing them on my wedding day. For some reason they keep me grounded when I want to go nutso!

krispearl02.jpg

I also wear a sterling silver cross on my left ring finger, Isaid I will wear this until I get an E-Ring! because that finger gets lonely.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
My BF bought this for me on one of the last few days of our wurlwind romance in the UK before I flew back to NZ, it would be 6 months before we saw each other again. We had spent the weekend in Nottingham and had a great time. BF walked me into a jewlery store and asked to try this little ring on. It was a perfect fit. I felt so spoilt. I was a 19yr old uni student and had never owned anything with diamonds in it before, or had a boy buy me jewlery before. When we were outside he told me that it was a symbol of his promise to me that he would come for me and we would be together, this would not be the last time we saw each other, and of our love. Long story short - he kept his promise and I''ve worn this ring every day since he''s given it to me, I feel very naked without it.

I don''t know much about it except it''s white gold (and needs a replate pretty badly) and has 8 small diamonds in it. On the inside of the band it has " .15 " so I guess thats the CTW. It''s teeny tiny (especially for my size 8 finger) but I love it to bits. It''s both channel and bar set - the stones sit in the channel and are seperated by little bars of gold. This pic was really the closest I could get.

promisringthing.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my promise ring that bf gave me on our 1 year (and 3 months lol) anniversary.
It's from Kay
23.gif

But I fell in love with it when I saw it and it introduced me to my jewelry love, ROSE GOLD!! We've been together for almost 4 years now and I wear it every day on my left hand ring finger. I only take it off to shower or swim. She will probably be transferred to my right hand when bf proposes with my rose gold solitaire!

alexaspromisering0815.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
The matching "wrist warmer" followed for Christmas the next year

lexsbracelet815.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
And "neck warmer" for my 18th birthday

lexspendant0815.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
And lastly (sorry... don''t know how to post multiple pics!
40.gif
)

I just bought her on ebay with the intention of turning her into a RHR. Opal and Emerald ring in yellow gold (his birthstone is Opal, mine is Emerald). It''s my "keep myself busy until the proposal" project lol. It is WAY too small so I have to get it sized.. then I want to have it rhodium plated and possibly switch the white opal out for a black opal.

Oh. Last year, I also bought bf a finger warmer.. It''s pretty kool looking! But it''s a lil too big so he wears it on a chain around his neck.

lexsbstoneproject0815.jpg

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 12:57:13 AM
Author: jaylex
Here''s my promise ring that bf gave me on our 1 year (and 3 months lol) anniversary.
It''s from Kay
23.gif

But I fell in love with it when I saw it and it introduced me to my jewelry love, ROSE GOLD!! We''ve been together for almost 4 years now and I wear it every day on my left hand ring finger. I only take it off to shower or swim. She will probably be transferred to my right hand when bf proposes with my rose gold solitaire!
Wooooo, tell your BF to hurry up because I''d love to see this!

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
This is the sapphire promise ring FF gave me, just before our 10-month mark (wayyyy back in ''01, lol). I don''t wear it anymore, as I''ve gained weight, and it doesn''t fit, but I''m hoping to get it sized, and wear it as my ''something blue'', someday.
No details on it.. I just know he went to a few chain stores, and found it in about 2 hours.

153108.jpg

Dreamer1116

Shiny_Rock
This was my ''finger warmer'' (promise ring) I received back in 2003 from my boyfriend for Christmas and our 2 year anniversary. As in the picture, my promise ring is with my now engagement diamond, which was set in a beautiful setting made by a local Jeweler in the Twin Cities.

Diamond%20034.jpg

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
These are so stunning!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I wear my Tiffany nature ring that SO gave me for our first Valentine''s day. linky Its not the first piece he''s given me, or the last, but its definitely my favorite. I like that its simple, and I like that I can wear it every day all day and not really worry about it. The silver has definitely gotten beaten up, but I actually like that...it makes it feel like its ''mine''.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
PS. Hopedream, what a great idea for a thread! I love it!
1.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 3:55:27 AM
Author: 4ever

Here''s my promise ring that bf gave me on our 1 year (and 3 months lol) anniversary.
It''s from Kay
23.gif

But I fell in love with it when I saw it and it introduced me to my jewelry love, ROSE GOLD!! We''ve been together for almost 4 years now and I wear it every day on my left hand ring finger. I only take it off to shower or swim. She will probably be transferred to my right hand when bf proposes with my rose gold solitaire!
He he! I''ve been telling him that a lot lately! He just says "soon! I promise!!". It''s def my dream ring that I never new I was dreaming of (if that makes sense lol). I was with him when he picked it up from our jewelers and he''s let me peek at it a couple of times but I''m not allowed to take pics of it
39.gif

Soon! He promises!
2.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Ck- I like your gauges!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Such gorgeous adornments!
Keep ''em coming !

Cammy85 - I had a cladagh ring during a previous relationship - they have such rich symbolism!

Vip0802 - I love your eternity ring! It''s like it''s made of bubbles of light. Your pendant is clean and modern - very classy!

Brown.Eyed.Girl - your sapphire is verry elegant!

Crickett - Your pearls are fabulous - I agree there is a certain magic about them - I alway feel different when wearing pearls - grounded, but in a distinctly regal way.

4ever - Your dainty diamond band is pure romance - lovely !

Jaylex - Your pink gold set is charming - I feel rose gold is under-appreciated and will make a comeback very soon - you are ahead of the game. Your emerald and opal ring is yummy!

MrsHToBe - your saphire ring will make a perfect something blue - the setting has an apealing geometric presence.

Dreamer1116 - Your promise ring is perfectly delicate, and the new diamond - wow!

szh07 - Your nature ring is so pretty! I''m sad they don''t make them any more. Happily worn silver gets such an attractive patina that realy emphasizes the detail work.

Is there amy more bling out there? I feel like the party''s only just started.

pluck15

Shiny_Rock
This is a fun forum! I thought I'd add my finger warmer to the pile. This is the promise ring SO gave me on our first Valentine's Day together. We had only been dating 6 months at the time. We are going on 2 years. He said that this ring was a promise that some day he will replace it with a much better one!! Its not as big as it looks, probably less than a quarter ct, but I love it just the same!

pZALE1-5830915t400.jpg

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
This ring has nothing to do with my BF, but I still consider it my favorite finger warmer.
1.gif

It was given to me by my mom 13 years ago, soon after she and my dad divorced. It''s a sapphire set in the original platinum e-ring setting my dad gave to my mom. She had her diamond reset and gave this to me. Every time I look at it, I think of both of my parents, who I love dearly. I will probably wear this forever.

BTW - the picture is pretty horrible. I took it with my phone under the neon lights of my office at work. Sorry!!

CSRHR81809.JPG

MermaidKelly

Shiny_Rock
i have a peridot ring that I wear most every day. It''s not my birthstone, I just like it. Maybe later I''ll figure out how to put a pic.
2.gif

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Im not a LIW anymore, but I thought I could share my ring.

FI brought this for me about 2 years before we got engaged, he called it a committment ring
2.gif

Its a 9crt White gold ring with diamond chips and sapphires. I don't really know anything else about it, the stones are quite small but I love it. I still wear it now on my other hand even though we are engaged!

Supergirl Ring.jpg

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
It is not an expensive ring. He orginally was going to have it made, but then found exactly what he wanted at a chain jewellers.

He had thought long and hard about what it should look like. He wanted blue stones (our mutual fav colour) and diamonds (promise of engagement later) and he liked the symbolism of the crossover (two of us). Yes its a bit cheesy but I love it.
9.gif

Supergirl 3.jpg

iheartbora

Shiny_Rock
Here is mine
5.gif

IMG_6427b.JPG

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2009 10:04:04 PM
Author: supergirl10
It is not an expensive ring. He orginally was going to have it made, but then found exactly what he wanted at a chain jewellers.

He had thought long and hard about what it should look like. He wanted blue stones (our mutual fav colour) and diamonds (promise of engagement later) and he liked the symbolism of the crossover (two of us). Yes its a bit cheesy but I love it.
9.gif
I love your (former) handwarmer! AND the cheese!
3.gif

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
This is my promise ring! It''s a tiny diamond (.10, I believe) that sparkles like crazy.

sparkly9427.JPG

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/15/2009 3:55:27 AM
Author: 4ever

It''s from Kay
23.gif

me too, I''m glad to see another rose gold fan! I have a rose gold solitaire and I love it
30.gif
I''m so jealous of all your rose gold jewelry, I definitely need to add to my collection.

suchende

Brilliant_Rock
ughhh bumped the wrong thread! At any rate... My "finger warmers" are a .28 I1/I RB set in an antique white gold bear claw knife edge setting that I bought for myself, and my "promise ring" from an arcade in a movie theatre. I love them both :) Sorry the photo is so blurry!

fingerwarmers.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results