shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your everyday necklace!

dmack

Shiny_Rock
This.

I have a little Thunderbird pendant that is weighty for its size and it is fixed in the center of the chain and it drives me nuts. I find myself constantly... neurotically... adjusting it. Still love it though and it works with the design but I much prefer a moving pendant. A visible clasp is more of an eyesore than an idiosyncrasy of function.

Maybe a decorative clasp or a weighted ball might take care of the eyesore aspect of an errant clasp. You could also try a chain that lays flat since those tend to move around less when worn.

20211026_202148.jpg

I love this pendant!!!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean I'm loving this updated thread on our favorite everyday necklaces!

Also I've found myself eyeballing a lot of your posts lately as we both share a love for color, whimsy, sparkle, & magic! You have a very ethereal taste in jewelry IMO which ironically is what I get told as well!

My everyday necklace rn happens to be my antique lilac star sapphire pendant. It's set in buttery looking gold with the puffiest teeny old cut diamond & I've been wearing it on my 14k rose gold chain.

I purchased it as is, but I suspect that it was once a stick pin, set the other way with the pin closer to the diamond & that someone ended up taking it off & attaching a bunny bail!

Screenshot_20211027-080535_Instagram.jpg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean I'm loving this updated thread on our favorite everyday necklaces!

Also I've found myself eyeballing a lot of your posts lately as we both share a love for color, whimsy, sparkle, & magic! You have a very ethereal taste in jewelry IMO which ironically is what I get told as well!

My everyday necklace rn happens to be my antique lilac star sapphire pendant. It's set in buttery looking gold with the puffiest teeny old cut diamond & I've been wearing it on my 14k rose gold chain.

I purchased it as is, but I suspect that it was once a stick pin, set the other way with the pin closer to the diamond & that someone ended up taking it off & attaching a bunny bail!

Screenshot_20211027-080535_Instagram.jpg

I’m so glad you posted! I totally agree regarding our similar penchant for something a bit other worldly…I’ve always loved the fantastical!

and your collection is pure magic! I hope to continue building mine out like you’ve curated yours. It’s a fun challenge balancing practical with whimsy…

your pendant is beautiful. Thank you for sharing…right up my alley! I think lilac/lavender is my favorite color for gemstones…and cabochons just make my heart sing! I love the setting…it almost reminds me of the arms of an octopus groping a newly found bit of treasure - and I mean that in the BEST way!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I’m so glad you posted! I totally agree regarding our similar penchant for something a bit other worldly…I’ve always loved the fantastical!

and your collection is pure magic! I hope to continue building mine out like you’ve curated yours. It’s a fun challenge balancing practical with whimsy…

your pendant is beautiful. Thank you for sharing…right up my alley! I think lilac/lavender is my favorite color for gemstones…and cabochons just make my heart sing! I love the setting…it almost reminds me of the arms of an octopus groping a newly found bit of treasure - and I mean that in the BEST way!

Aww I'm blushing! Thank you!
Coming from you is such a lovely compliment! I try to create & find (since I also collect antique) pieces that are wearable but have a romantic or whimsical nature to them.

I thought you might enjoy my sapphire pendant! She's a beaut' & is much more magical in person. Her star is there but very shy! Such a sweet piece!

Also that's a lovely image! Reminds me of sunken treasure! You're also not the first to liken the tendrils to that of an octopus! I think stracci said so in another thread, if I'm remembering correctly! Very neat!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
78B3EC60-4B06-452E-993A-1C9E8CB9C913.jpeg
Excuse the poor photo but I’ve been wearing these every day. Still looking for the perfect pendant to wear on the middle :)

I love those karaoke examples on your original post. Feels like white or light colored stones are easier to wear daily , just mho

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful necklaces!! I will play! I mostly wear the one with dangling .60ct diamond. It is about 1.10 ctw. This was my 50th birthday present! 20211028_111149.jpg 20211028_111057.jpg 20211028_111226.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful necklaces!! I will play! I mostly wear the one with dangling .60ct diamond. It is about 1.10 ctw. This was my 50th birthday present! 20211028_111149.jpg 20211028_111057.jpg 20211028_111226.jpg

The floral OEC diamond pendant and the bow use to be a ring and I converted them into a necklace.

MagpieMama

Rough_Rock
My most often worn necklace, .5ct diamond in white gold bezel fixed on yellow gold chain (like to mix metals!)
The petite size, bezel, and 2 tone metal make it work with pretty much anything. Diamond is from my great grandmothers engagement ring. It has never bothered me being fixed, seems to stay put pretty well. DDEFC5E7-DB63-4E0F-B261-9137EF96D14A.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
My most often worn necklace, .5ct diamond in white gold bezel fixed on yellow gold chain (like to mix metals!)
The petite size, bezel, and 2 tone metal make it work with pretty much anything. Diamond is from my great grandmothers engagement ring. It has never bothered me being fixed, seems to stay put pretty well. DDEFC5E7-DB63-4E0F-B261-9137EF96D14A.jpeg

Just beautiful and classic!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Aww I'm blushing! Thank you!
Coming from you is such a lovely compliment! I try to create & find (since I also collect antique) pieces that are wearable but have a romantic or whimsical nature to them.

I thought you might enjoy my sapphire pendant! She's a beaut' & is much more magical in person. Her star is there but very shy! Such a sweet piece!

Also that's a lovely image! Reminds me of sunken treasure! You're also not the first to liken the tendrils to that of an octopus! I think stracci said so in another thread, if I'm remembering correctly! Very neat!

Do you have a full collection thread? I’m super curious!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I have a small diamond cross I wear often, but I have always loved silver for every day, casual looks. Here’s a quick poorly lit Bean shot!
:lol:

Attachments

• CDCA4165-7355-4F75-9042-F0C0A363391E.jpeg
    CDCA4165-7355-4F75-9042-F0C0A363391E.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 59

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Do you have a full collection thread? I’m super curious!

Hmm, I don't actually.
You can see the progression of many projects throughout my threads, but I definitely don't have one single thread showing my entire collection.

I have a large collection, (or what I personally consider large) so that would be quite the task.

I might have to start one someday soon! ❤

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, I don't actually.
You can see the progression of many projects throughout my threads, but I definitely don't have one single thread showing my entire collection.

I have a large collection, (or what I personally consider large) so that would be quite the task.

If you ever do - please do let me know! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed seeing your different pieces!

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, I don't actually.

Seconding what @Cerulean said!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I have a small diamond cross I wear often, but I have always loved silver for every day, casual looks. Here’s a quick poorly lit Bean shot!
:lol:

That's really pretty, I love the Tiffany beans!

twentytwo

Rough_Rock
As a chain person, my two everyday necklaces are:

1) My watch chain bought at auction in Germany - shown here with the bolt and moon man charms
2) The trombone chain I recently added dog clips to (so useful)

Why do I reach for these most often? I'm over having to worry about my jewelry. If I can't hike in it, I'm not interested. Here's a photo of me wearing both on a fall hike.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 9.24.45 PM.png

Love this look!! What is that gorgeous golden stone?

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
I am hoping that this isn't a duplicate thread, but I was curious...

What necklace do you wear every day (or wear most frequently?) Why?

I am currently deciding how to set a small (4.7mm) heirloom diamond I have after I ditched my Leen Heyne ring idea, and am curious to see what YOU wear! I am seeing (fingers cross) if Kataoka will set my heirloom stone as they seem finicky about custom projects.

(using my diamond instead of the center rose cut diamond/red spinel and I'd pick platinum)

Necklace idea 1

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 11.22.54 AM.png

Necklace idea 2

1635265354208.png

I never take these off. The gold chain was my grandmother’s and the pendant is from Whiteflash. I love the touch of blingy sparkle that can go with anything and not be overdone. 34F3B23E-8CAC-435D-B959-A8EA97A5B773.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I never take these off. The gold chain was my grandmother’s and the pendant is from Whiteflash. I love the touch of blingy sparkle that can go with anything and not be overdone. 34F3B23E-8CAC-435D-B959-A8EA97A5B773.jpeg

Beautiful duo! Amazing chain - your grandmother had style!

CaseyLouLou

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful duo! Amazing chain - your grandmother had style!

Awww thanks. She didn’t have a lot of money but she always bought something when she went on vacation and this necklace is definitely my style. I just recently decided to also wear the pendant and didn’t realize they would work so well together.

Bibbi*Jazzy*T

Rough_Rock
My yellow gold open heart pendant with diamond in 14k yellow gold on 10k gold box chain.JPG open heart pendant with diamond on yellow gold box chain.JPG

This is a simple and delicate 14k yellow gold open heart set with a small diamond.
It's on a 10k yellow gold light box chain.
*Please excuse the quality of the close up photo.*
*Will post a shot of me wearing it*
I wear it mostly with an open neck shirt.
T-shirts in the spring and summer and open neck sweaters in the fall.
Mostly v-necks to show off the necklace.
Love the fact I can wear it with a t-shirt and jeans or a dressier outfit.
Just love the other necklaces you gals are wearing. :kiss2:

Last edited:

Bibbi*Jazzy*T

Rough_Rock

That is GORGEOUS :kiss2:
Especially love the pendant on the chain.

Bibbi*Jazzy*T

Rough_Rock
I wear this every day. It used to be two necklaces but my snake chain for my diamond snapped after wearing it everyday for 20 years so I put the diamond in with the gold ball. 630F1904-D4F5-4072-88A8-331897B69C40.jpeg

BEAUTIFUL! :kiss2:

*How did you get such a wonderful close up?
Have a digital camera.*
Especially love the diamond pendant.
The gold ball is a very nice too.
Box chains are wonderful for pendants.
I like a lighter box chain for my pendants or a rope chain.
Delicate yet sturdy at the same time.

Bibbi*Jazzy*T

Rough_Rock
14k yellow gold two tone heart pendant.10k yellow gold box chain.JPG

And here's another one I wear often.
Bought the pendant three years ago at one of my local jewellers.
It's 14k and two-toned both white and yellow gold.
Wear it on the same light box in 10k yellow gold for my other pendant.
I like wearing pendants separately and just one at a time.
Am weird that way. LOL
Am thinking of getting a light box chain in 14k white gold to wear it on.
Love the fact I can wear it with 14k yellow gold or white gold ball studs. :kiss2:

Last edited:

Bibbi*Jazzy*T

Rough_Rock
So mine at the moment is my mini rose gold Tiffany bean, I love it so much , it just glows whatever the lighting :) tempImageCXgi3e.png tempImageddTdzW.png

LOVE IT :kiss2:
Also really like smaller pieces of fine quality jewellery.
And how they sparkle and shine whilst you wear them. :)
Rose gold is my favourite and I also like yellow gold and white gold too.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
This is what I'm currently wearing.
The jade pendant used to belong to my mum. After her passing, it became mine. Never wore because I disliked the bail. Had it recently replaced with a diamond one and now I've been wearing it for a few days while packing to move house :roll::lol-2:
WhatsApp Image 2021-11-09 at 8.00.26 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2021-11-10 at 11.04.59 AM.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results