shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love how the martini''s sit on my ear. They do kind of look like they are floating. I had the 4 prong basket style before, but the martinis have won me over for good. I wear them every day, but not to bed!!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 5:18:13 PM
Author: Ellen

Date: 12/31/2006 6:43:04 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

So, is the martini setting the way to go?? They have been recommended to me, but I don''t know anyone who has these settings, and can give me the low down. Inquiring minds must know
2.gif

cheers--Sharon
I have them, after owning a pair that was basket set, which would droop if I didn''t push them in far enough, which then almost made part of the basket disappear. And they were smaller than the set I have now, which are .58 each.

I adore the martinis. They just make the diamond look like it''s floating on your ear. I totally recommend them.

And for HooCares question, I wear the back closer to my earlobe, not in the groove. But I wouldn''t worry, that''s why the groove is there, to keep it from coming apart. I''ve worn them to bed before, and not lost one.
Thanks, Ellen. I didn''t know if the groove was meant for the back to be worn on it or if it was supposed to be more of a last resort safety effort. Maybe I''ll wear the backs closer to the lobe when I go out and in the groove while I am around the house until I feel less worried about wearing them in the groove!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 5:22:51 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I love how the martini''s sit on my ear. They do kind of look like they are floating. I had the 4 prong basket style before, but the martinis have won me over for good. I wear them every day, but not to bed!!
I try not to wear them to bed either, but occassionally, I forget....Usually after a big night out.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 5:23:58 PM
Author: HooCares
Thanks, Ellen. I didn''t know if the groove was meant for the back to be worn on it or if it was supposed to be more of a last resort safety effort. Maybe I''ll wear the backs closer to the lobe when I go out and in the groove while I am around the house until I feel less worried about wearing them in the groove!
You''re welcome. Yeah, the groove is more of a safety net.
2.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/1/2007 4:56:02 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Good points, gals. While shopping for my washer and drier the other day, we ran into a couple we knew, and her earrings (I would approximate) were 1.5 c. each. Set in baskets. They looked lovely, but were tilting inward...yes I looked! But, of course, it might have to do with the way her lobes are/ears are pearced, and not necessarily the settings. Had no time to ask her about her settings...as the sales guy returned with our receipts, etc......

Hope Sundial chimes in with her opinion, as she has some lovely martini''s, also.

cheers--Sharon
Why thank you Sharon! I have been off celebrating the New Year in Phoenix and just saw this. I absolutely love the three prong martini setting and would never go back to four prong baskets or bezel set (both of which I have had in the past). As others have stated they don''t droop at all and they appear to be floating on the earlobe. You really don''t even notice any metal from the setting when they are being worn. I think baskets are okay for maybe half carat or smaller studs, but for anything bigger I would certainly recommend the three prong martini setting. In fact one of the people we are visiting here in Phoenix has larger studs in four prong baskets and they drive me crazy because they always lean forward on her ears!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
FWIW. I just came home from a football party where I met a lady my age with some major bling. (Not so normal here with our casual lifestyle... Most of the big bling is on older women or women leading a flashier life. ) She had what I would estiamte to be 1.5ct+ each low set basket set studs on small earlobes, which were very pretty. They did their best to lie flat (probably had big backs on them) but they did droop some and sat a little higher than I would like -- especially for that size. I think they would have benefited from the martini settings.

The rest of her eye candy wuld have been fun fodder for this group.
3.gif

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
I just got a pair of very nice studs for Christmas.

They are at the jewelers right now.

I am having the mountings exchanged for platinum.

I can''t wait to get them back!!

I will take pictures the second I get them.

Here are the stats:

0.75 ctw

aprx. 0.37 cts each

Ideal-cut Rounds (hearts & arrows)

H color

SI-1 clarity (eye clean)

4-prong platinum screw-back mountings

30.gif

They should be the perfect size considering my ring is a 0.53 ct solitare!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congrats Cinnamon Tea! Can''t wait for pics!

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
I was just thinking scince the earrings I just got for Christmas are 4-prongs.

I can ( try ) and take pictures of the baskets to show everyone just how far they will stick up off my ear.

Like a pic of them off and then a pic of them in my ears but a side shot.

I don''t have them back yet but when I do get them i''d be glad to take pictures for everyone.
4.gif

I just got a new digital camera too ( a nice one ) so I should be able to get some good looking shots.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Here's mine! Ear shots when I can get my hubster to take some for me

.49 & .48ct princess cut diamonds (4.5mm) G, VS2, and yes, i know they are 2 different cuts, but in my ears you can't tell.

diverstuds.jpg

Jeannine

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great earrings divergirl and I look forward to seeing your new earrings CinnTea!

Thanks for all the info gals! Sundial, hope your holiday was good! I also noticed that Facetfires new earrings have a 4 prong martini!!

So many options!

cheers--Sharon

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking of...I''m glad my earring thread got bumped up so I could add mine to this thread.

Here they are: 1.5 cttw H, SI

More pics here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yay-my-new-1-5-cttw-custom-four-prong-martini-studs-from-quest.54237/

KSfourprongmartiniHSI.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
FacetFire, do you think you could post how to get more than one pic on a page in FAQ? I know there are many who would appreciate it, including me!
1.gif

BTW, nice studs!!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ellen, i did a faq on posting pics, including adding more than one pic in a post. what can i add to make it more clear?

ff's pics are actually one post in the form of a uploaded collage but they could have all been placed in the reply (one post) without making a collage and uploading.

perhaps you could respond in the faq thread so we don't hijack this thread and all of the questions regarding pics will be together.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FacetFire, I really do love your settings! I wish everyone carried some like those.

(Belle, I need to read about posting multiple pics, too! We''ll have to find your thread!)

CinnamonTea

Rough_Rock
Well I won''t have my earrings back for a long time.
8.gif
We ran into alot of trouble.
15.gif
It will be 2-5 weeks before I get them back. And they might not even be what I wanted. Sucks for me I guess, heh.
38.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
OK that''s it- I have decided I have to get myself some studs! Everyone''s are making me drool!!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
These are my .55 studs............

alj 55 studs.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
My new .16s...........

16s b.JPG

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
and these are both sets on the top of my SI cleaner lid.

big little on the SI US lid.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice Al!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Now that''s some beautiful double bling on your ear Al!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2007 8:12:09 PM
Author: CinnamonTea
Well I won''t have my earrings back for a long time.
8.gif
We ran into alot of trouble.
15.gif
It will be 2-5 weeks before I get them back. And they might not even be what I wanted. Sucks for me I guess, heh.
38.gif
I''m so sorry! What happened?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings, Alj! They are the perfect size to be together! But I''m interested in your new earring project as well!!!

Okay, I sent for some .75''s to compare with the .70''s while I still can change my mind. I am going to first post the new .75 stone and then attempt to make a post with both side by side.

diamonds 029.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OKay, the one on the left was taken in a yellow bathroom which is why there is a yellow tint to me and the diamond! It is rainy and dark today, so that is why the other picture is so dark. But can you tell the difference in the size?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

DS, can you trust the opinion of someone whose eyes are over 40 (years)??
2.gif
The picture on the RHS is of the larger earring, would be my "bet".

cheers--Sharon

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, my eyes are over 40. too! Lol! That''s why I like loupes a lot!
9.gif
But yes, the larger one is on the right. I can barely see the difference in the boxes, but I think I can on the ear.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results