Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
15 pt claw set in the top of my left ear:

TopEar15ptStud.jpg

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
My studs are 0.36 each, 0.72 ctw, K SI1-SI2. With depths of 59.3 and 58.2, they look like 3/4 ctw at least.

Link to thread

2studsoct26b.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2006 2:23:55 PM
Author:diamondseeker2006
This thread is for people to post ear shots with diamond specs so people shopping for studs can have an idea of how certain sizes appear on the ear! It'll be nice to have a lot of pictures located in one thread!
Now you show us a picture of your earlobe DS and we'll tell you what size studs we think you should get!!!
9.gif
Have you decided on a pair yet? By the way this is a great idea for a thread so people can compare.

luvsdiamonds

Shiny_Rock
I''m sooo glad I found this thread. I''m wanting a pair of studs for christmas,,, but I don''t want something really big. I''m thinking something around .25ct to .30ct total weight. So I can put them in and not have to take them out but to clean them, you know something small.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/26/2006 10:40:50 PM
Author: Sundial

Date: 10/13/2006 2:23:55 PM
Author:diamondseeker2006
This thread is for people to post ear shots with diamond specs so people shopping for studs can have an idea of how certain sizes appear on the ear! It''ll be nice to have a lot of pictures located in one thread!
Now you show us a picture of your earlobe DS and we''ll tell you what size studs we think you should get!!!
9.gif
Have you decided on a pair yet? By the way this is a great idea for a thread so people can compare.
Opps..sorry forgot to check in here! Ha, maybe that''s a good idea, Sundial! Although it may be tricky to take a picture of my own ear! Lol!

The answer is, no, I really got deadlocked the other day when some of the people were saying go for the .61''s and others the .74''s. I may try to find an unchartered jewelry store tomorrow to go try on some more! I just can''t get a grasp of what size the .61''s are.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bump for pics!

Also, ds, any luck with the size search??

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2006 7:58:48 PM
Author: Ellen
Bump for pics!

Also, ds, any luck with the size search??
Hey, Ellen! Gosh, I am waiting to see what yours look like!
9.gif
When are they coming?

I did look at Helzburg and Carlyle this weekend, and boy were their prices higher!!! Made me feel better about whichever pair I do end up with! I guess I need to write them on a paper and draw one out of a hat..I just don''t know which size to get.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 8:05:09 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Hey, Ellen! Gosh, I am waiting to see what yours look like!
9.gif
When are they coming?

I did look at Helzburg and Carlyle this weekend, and boy were their prices higher!!! Made me feel better about whichever pair I do end up with! I guess I need to write them on a paper and draw one out of a hat..I just don''t know which size to get.
I''m waiting too, lol. I thought maybe they would make it out of WF today, but I guess not. So I''m assuming I''ll get them Thursday. I''m dying here...

Was there a noticable size difference?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried on a pair of .57''s and a pair of .66''s and I think I would be fine with the .66''s. But the two primary ones I''m looking at now are .61 ea. and .72/.74, so one is smaller and the other larger. The smaller pair are perfect matches and the larger two are supposed to be well matched visually, but the numbers are not as close. I just wish I could try them both on. There''s also a pair of .70''s as well, but the tables are 54%, and I am not sure about that for earrings.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
These are my Whiteflash Expert Selection .41 Ideal H VS2 each in white gold martini settings. I have tiny lobes so they look quite impressive.

myearrings123.JPG

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 8:21:49 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I tried on a pair of .57''s and a pair of .66''s and I think I would be fine with the .66''s. But the two primary ones I''m looking at now are .61 ea. and .72/.74, so one is smaller and the other larger. The smaller pair are perfect matches and the larger two are supposed to be well matched visually, but the numbers are not as close. I just wish I could try them both on. There''s also a pair of .70''s as well, but the tables are 54%, and I am not sure about that for earrings.
I wouldn''t go with the ones that aren''t the same size, just my .02. I''ll let you know as soon as I get mine what I think of the size.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2006 8:51:29 PM
Author: katebar
These are my Whiteflash Expert Selection .41 Ideal H VS2 each in white gold martini settings. I have tiny lobes so they look quite impressive.
Beautiful! And yes, they look big.
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2006 9:08:00 PM
Author: Ellen
I wouldn''t go with the ones that aren''t the same size, just my .02. I''ll let you know as soon as I get mine what I think of the size.
Well, they are not the same weight but they are the same diameter. It''s the depth that is a little different. But it''s more mental probably, and that has held me back from that pair. If I''m spending $6000 for earrings, by golly they need to be perfect! ;-) The .61''s are probably fine. I just wish I could try them on.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/31/2006 8:51:29 PM
Author: katebar
Very nice!!! Small ear lobes are a big advantage for sure! I am looking for H VS2 as well!!!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Mine are ever so sparkly and people think they are CZ lol! One friend said that they looked so fake because no one has diamonds as bright and sparkly. SHe does''nt know about pricescope and Whitflash obviously
2.gif
and thought any ''real'' diamond that I could purchase here in Australia would never look this good.

HooCares

Shiny_Rock

WF just sent me a picture of my new Martini studs! I''m so excited that they are arriving tomorrow. Great service since I just ordered them on Tuesday. I will try to take some ear shots this weekend if my husband will let me. Hopefully, he won''t make me put them in their box until Christmas right away. If you like the size, Diamondseeker, maybe WF will get a match for that other .611 stone!

They are .61 and .611 H, VS2, ACA H&A.

I hope this picture works!

WF Pic Small2.JPG

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Oops...I kind of missed the idea about the thread being mainly for ear shots. Sorry! Mine are coming...

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2006 6:15:25 PM
Author: HooCares
Oops...I kind of missed the idea about the thread being mainly for ear shots. Sorry! Mine are coming...
We'll forgive you if you promise to come back and post ear shots of your lovely new studs for us!
9.gif
There is nothing like a sparkly ideal cut diamond adorning your earlobe!!!

HooCares

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Sundial! I''ll see what I can do...
21.gif

MerLine

Rough_Rock
Here are my studs. I just got them two days ago..obviously from bluenile ^_^ And as for their stats...

They are both:
Size: 1.13 Carats each (total weight 2.26 Carats)
Color: H
Clarity: VS1

Studs.jpg

Boxed.JPG

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful studs MerLine, thanks for sharing!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Whoa MerL--sweeeeeeeeeet earrings!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yowza, those are gorgeous MerL
30.gif
30.gif

MerLine

Rough_Rock
WOW you guys are so nice *cries in gratitude* ^_^ I''m so happy. It was the 1st time I ever bought anything online so I was nervous as all get out but we got through it okay and I got my babies hehe ^_^. Your comments have reinforced that I made the right decision ^_^ I do love my new earrings a lot!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Just want to add on here my new (early X'Mas) ~1ctw G-H studs.

1ctz.JPG

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

Ear shots are soooo funny! I''m not sure my ears were MADE to be macro-photographed!

9.gif
Well, anyway... here goes.

AGS-0, H&A RB studs, .90 tcw in 3-prong WG martini settings.
I love the size, too... I get the look of a half-carat on each ear without the price jump at that benchmark size.

One stud is a J/VS2 and the other is a K/SI1. And without reading the laser inscription with a loupe, I can''t tell which is which!

LynnsStuds2.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
WHOA! That's one REALLY BIG ear!!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

Here's another shot... hopefully a little smaller!

ETA: Not any smaller. Good grief, I am such an idiot. Have posted 10,000 photos and still never have any idea what SIZE any of them are going to turn out!!!
20.gif

LynnsStuds1a.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Lynn...your ears are too cute!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2006 6:12:55 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Lynn...your ears are too cute!
*blushing modestly!*
Oh Gothgrrl, you are TOO sweet!