shape
carat
color
clarity
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PriceScope Upgrade Completed
    For issues, questions and comments click the link below
    https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/pricescope-upgraded-comments-and-issues.229551/

Dismiss Notice

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

Discussion in 'Show Me the Bling! (Rings,Earrings,Jewelry)' started by diamondseeker2006, Oct 13, 2006.

1. Queenie60
    Brilliant_Rock

by Queenie60 » Nov 3, 2016

Gorgeous earrings. I saw them on her instagram! Enjoy them.

2. m-2-b
    Ideal_Rock

3. dozen_angels
    Rough_Rock

by dozen_angels » Nov 11, 2016
    Oh, your studs are gorgeous!!! Congrats!

And your dog is very sweet)...

4. dozen_angels
    Rough_Rock

5. Baby_bear111
    Rough_Rock

by Baby_bear111 » Nov 12, 2016
    Here's mine, 3 carats total weight studs

img_13574.jpg

6. Monnyjay
    Brilliant_Rock

by Monnyjay » Nov 14, 2016
    They are beautiful and so is your solitaire :love:

7. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Dec 3, 2016
    Could NOT resist, and got the jackets. I no longer have any ear real estate left :eek: I went with 3point diamonds so .77ctw. There's a small airline but I didn't want the stud to be outside of the jacket so, airline it is! I don't mind that frankly as its hard to see IRL when they're on.

I had considered 5-pointers, but I also have small ears and they would have been hanging way off the ear...so would have been a bit ridiculous..glad I was talked out of them! And, as much as I like the 3, I probably could have went with 2 and had a sliver left. anyway its a big ol earring when they're together. I do love the look as to many others. I got stopped 4 times in Palm Beach asking where I got them... IDJ may be getting some customers...lol

Now that said, my center stone is an I, the jackets are F-G. When they're off I can tell its not a match, though when they're on, its very difficult to see. And everyone else I've asked says they look great together. I was even complimented by a jeweler... He does high end swanky stuff, so compliment indeed!

So give it to me straight... am I just being stupidly nitpicky? Its not that I'm unhappy, but you guys get where I'm going.... I'm trying to decide if its worth going with stones in the same color family or not as I'm in that return window...I'm 50/50 so real talk here would be helpful.

aerrings.jpg

8. Queenie60
    Brilliant_Rock

by Queenie60 » Dec 3, 2016
    My stones are G and H, one of each. I have the same jackets as you. Can't tell when they're on my ears however when they're not on the ears I can see a bit of a difference in color. Doesn't bother me at all, only I know!!!! Enjoy them.

9. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Dec 3, 2016
    Queenie, this is good to know and thanks for the perspective. I asked IDJ about going with a custom set which at the the extra expense would have been about the same as going with 5pointers. It makes me crazy that I'm crazy for considering it....lol

10. heididdl
    Ideal_Rock

by heididdl » Dec 3, 2016
    Arcadian, I have the same jackets from IDJ I love them. They are alot of bling I don't wear them to to often. I also have the air line. I live with it. Also my studs are martini set so they don't sit as flush as I would like so my ears are sore by end of day how do you find yours? Regarding the color the IDJ are so white my studs are EGL Internaional F color which. Means probably also I and I definitely see a difference. That I only notice when. I hold them in my hands. I can't see a difference in my ears.

11. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Dec 4, 2016

Thanks heidi. I'm starting to think I'm just being nitpicky...lol I really love the jackets and the bling factor is crazy. The stud sits nicely in the jacket, no movement and very comfortable. I work at home so its not an every day look. :shifty: .... Ain't gonna lie, wore them bad boys to the grocery store the first day they got here. I felt awesome :mrgreen:

The studs are basket set and I have lapousette backs (I believe they're the medium ones) So I don't suffer from earring droop, though I have to push the backs up so they're tighter to my small thin lobes.

Visually I love the look of martini's but don't find them to be terribly practical. They can also look very wonky on my ears whch I'm sure its the hole placement and can be uncomfortable if I wear them when on the phone (I can be on the phone a lot). baskets are fine when I'm on the phone, and the ones from IDJ sit low, so even if I put on my over ear headphones its not an issue.

12. heididdl
    Ideal_Rock

by heididdl » Dec 7, 2016
    :). I know when I wear mine on just a regular day I feel like a princess

13. Youraid
    Rough_Rock

by Youraid » Dec 8, 2016
    So beautiful diamonds! Btw, I found a shopping site that sells attractive diamond jewelries. My sister also ordered from the site and got it timely...

14. tuckie
    Rough_Rock

by tuckie » Dec 10, 2016
    I'm so happy to have something to share! These are my 1.26ct from IDJ.

I think they're beautiful. They are a present from me to me for a great year in terms of my career. In addition the number 26 has meaning in my family, so the carat weight is a bit sentimental

Stone 1: .63ct H SI1 GIA Excellent HCA 0.7
    Stone 2: .63ct G SI2 GIA Excellent HCA 0.7

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Dec 11, 2016
    Very nice! They look great on you!

16. junebug17
    Ideal_Rock

by junebug17 » Dec 12, 2016
    Tuckie they are gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :love:

17. hautecouture
    Rough_Rock

18. mol42
    Shiny_Rock

by mol42 » Jan 1, 2017
    Spectacular earrings hautecouture!! Well done :appl: they are so beautiful and sparkly!! :love:

I am excited to contribute to this thread, with my first (and probably last!) pair of diamond studs.
    3.4 ctw
    1.7 GSI2 -original ER stone (it has an inclusion on the side that I use to identify it and I always wear it in my left ear. I'm O/C like that!)
    1.7 HSI2- new stone to match
    Both GIA excellent cut

(Sorry these pictures are so huge!)

_38790.jpg

_38791.jpg

19. m-2-b
    Ideal_Rock

by m-2-b » Jan 1, 2017
    Just gorgeous, mol42! :love: Please tell us more about your diamonds/settings--better yet, please start a new thread! :cheeky:

20. mol42
    Shiny_Rock

by mol42 » Jan 1, 2017
    Thanks M-2-B!! :wavey: that means a lot since I really "puffy heart" your gorgeous earrings!! :love:
    I will try to get it together and see if I can take some good pictures for a new thread.

21. tuckie
    Rough_Rock

by tuckie » Jan 2, 2017
    WOWZA these are fantastic!!

22. ILikeShiny
    Rough_Rock

by ILikeShiny » Jan 31, 2017
    My beautiful Christmas present - 1.87ct diamond studs

Hi everyone,

I've lurked on PriceScope off and on for a few years now but have never posted (that I can recall - lol). I wanted to share with you the beautiful pair of diamond earrings you all essentially helped me choose.

This past Christmas I was gifted a pair of diamond stud earrings from my boyfriend. It's something I've wanted for a long time, and I was overjoyed with the surprise. They were each 1.05ct, G SI2 according to the jeweler (a local store that was recommended to him by a trusted friend), but no official cert came with the stones so I have no other information on them. When he gave them to me he said that he had a really hard time choosing which pair to get, and that if I wanted something different we could go choose a new pair together. After wearing them for a few weeks we both agreed that it wouldn't hurt to at least go look. I felt I might want something a bit smaller and better clarity (one stone had a center inclusion that I could easily see in my 5x mirror when putting on my make-up), and he wanted to get something better in color. That's where all of you came in.

I spent hours scouring what you recommended was important, and he asked the jeweler to bring those kinds of stones in. I insisted on only certified stones (I wanted unbiased information), he asked for color D/E/F color, and I asked for a priority of cut. I also asked for stones that were 2.0 or less on the HCA if possible (which was new for the jeweler... he'd never heard of it before and he's been in the trade for 30 years).

He brought in several sets for us to look at, all loose, so it was easy to look at them under the regular loupe and H&A. We looked at them in several lights and put the certs aside, taking the advice from many on here to use your eyes as the final decision-maker. In the end, we decided on two that weren't initially a matched pair. They are slightly different in specs, but they look absolutely spectacular together. So white, so brilliant, and so much fire... They truly take my breath away and I feel they're the perfect size for my ears :D . I know the color is higher than recommended for earrings, but it was important to my boyfriend so who was I to argue :lol:

The specs are:
    6.20 x 6.27 x 3.95, .96ct, D color, SI2 clarity, Excellent cut, Excellent polish, Very Good symmetry, and HCA of 2.5
    6.07 x 6.11 x 3.91, .91ct, E color, SI1 clarity, Very Good cut, Excellent polish, Excellent symmetry, and HCA of 4.7

Here are my beauties, in the box and in my ear. They're set in 3-prong platinum martini settings with La Pousette backs. I don't have a "real" camera so this is the best I can do with my iPhone. They're hard to see, but under the loupe there were clear hearts and arrows. I wish I could take the cool photos that some of you have done!

Thank you again for the wealth of information and knowledge on here. It helped us tremendously. Hopefully my post will help others in return.

_38975.jpg

_38976.jpg

_38977.jpg

23. goldenfire
    Rough_Rock

by goldenfire » Feb 14, 2017
    Beautiful studs ButtercupSherri!!!! the high color looks blindingly beautiful on the ears and that 6-6.2mm range is probably my personal favorite size for studs.

24. whitewave
    Brilliant_Rock

by whitewave » Feb 14, 2017
    [​IMG]
    Blue Nile signature, .84 TCW, color E, VS2

[​IMG][​IMG]

25. whitewave
    Brilliant_Rock

by whitewave » Feb 15, 2017
    Here Is the spread: [​IMG]

26. junebug17
    Ideal_Rock

by junebug17 » Feb 17, 2017
    They look so pretty on you whitewave! Enjoy them! :appl:

27. whitewave
    Brilliant_Rock

by whitewave » Feb 19, 2017
    Thanks, I was blessed with small earlobes so I think 1.2 ctw will be tops for me.

28. JLW05
    Shiny_Rock

by JLW05 » Feb 19, 2017
    Whiteflash ACA, H/VS2

img_15129.jpg

img_15130.jpg

img_15131.jpg

29. artdecogirl
    Brilliant_Rock

by artdecogirl » Feb 19, 2017
    [​IMG]

For some reason I can't turn my pic around :confused: my recent purchase of BGD baby bezels .41 tcw , love them and have barely taken them out and my martinis from years ago .98 tw

30. goldenfire
    Rough_Rock

by goldenfire » Feb 22, 2017
    Those baby bezels are so adorable!! I can see why they don't leave your ears! Love the milgrain size too.