shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, JLW05! I am enjoying them very much. :))

Congrats stonewell. I had the same problem. Pierced my ears when I was a teen, twice and both times infections and then they closed up. 24k yellow gold wouldn't work. In my 40s, I tried again, this time with platinum. Bingo!!! With this sea salt spray, and they healed up! And I got to wear studs. I still don't leave them out for more than a couple of hours, but it's been almost two years and no problem. Hope it works out well for you too. And ACA bezel studs are an awesome way to start. Congratulations again!!

I owe you a huge Thank You, LLJsmom. I believe your account of your experience on another thread was what encouraged me to give it a try. I'm so glad I did!

Since it's working out so well, DSS is already setting in and I'm looking at possible upgrades or another pair. :lol-2:

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, snotty_pie, these are stunning! I'd be interested to see them from the side, too. :)

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh, how cute! I would have expected a closed cup of petals, but this is so much more interesting!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, snotty_pie, those "prongs" at super unique. I love the look. Who made them?

I'm not sure I'd replace the stems/posts unless you have allergic reactions to white gold. Nobody will see them. As the rhodium wears away, wouldn't it be wearing away into your actual piercing hole?

snotty_pie

Shiny_Rock
Wow, snotty_pie, those "prongs" at super unique. I love the look. Who made them?

I'm not sure I'd replace the stems/posts unless you have allergic reactions to white gold. Nobody will see them. As the rhodium wears away, wouldn't it be wearing away into your actual piercing hole?
Good point! They are being blocked by my ears anyway. :lol:

My mom gave these to me (she hadn't been wearing them, and they were in her safe for over 5 years). I am not sure who set them. I especially love the jumbo milgrain and the fact that the flowers "swoop" in opposite directions.

I wish my pictures did them more justice! They are not true hearts and arrows, but they are close enough for my eyes. :love:

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Snotty pie What a beautiful pair of studs. I love the flower design. It's very dimensional. Ear shots pls

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing on you. Beautiful!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Posting my new ACA earrings. These are .602 carats each so 1.204 ctw. I VS2.
They are set in Whiteflash 8 prong martini settings in 18 kt white gold. I bought the jumbo backs but I haven't used them yet.
I hate my ears but as my husband would say, at least I have ears. Lol!

IMG_5566.PNG

IMG_5745.PNG

IMG_5750.PNG

IMG_5751.PNG

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
They are lovely Kayla, great size too. They look perfect with your necklaces.

kalmen22

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous Kayla. Love the size on you and those pendants of yours are delish!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My tiny but mighty studs have arrived from BGD! .46ctw Signature H VS2. I love, love, love them! I have a pair of .50 ctw D VS studs that are pretty and bright but not ideal by any means but wow, my old studs have nothing on the sparkle fest and light show that my new ideal cut studs produce. Jamie at BGD assured me that these little studs would act like little stars on my ears and she is so right!

Hubby and I are saving for a down payment for a home so my bling budget was so tiny that I didn't think that I could get anything decent. I was wrong. Many thanks to Todd Gray at Nice Ice for picking perfectly matched studs! I am wearing the BGD studs in the bottom piercing. I think that the studs in my top piercings are .25 ctw ( approximately 12 points per ear). I have small lobes and am satisfied with the size. I hope to get some 2 point earring jackets for 4mm studs from BGD or WF in the next year or two. Once we purchase our home hubby has promised me some bigger studs but I am quite content with these!

Stats:
.231 H VS2
Hearts and Arrows Round
AGS 104086353122
3.93 x 3.94 x 2.43

.234 H VS2
Hearts and Arrows Round
AGS 104086353116
3.94 x 3.96 x 2.43

Just wanted to share my tiny wonders!

IMG_3159.JPG

IMG_3162.JPG

IMG_3179.JPG

View attachment 491085

IMG_3199.JPG

I love your earrings, sooo gorgeous!! :D Are those jumbo backs or regular backs? If they are jumbo backs, do you find they are more secure than regular backs?

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I love your earrings, sooo gorgeous!! :D Are those jumbo backs or regular backs? If they are jumbo backs, do you find they are more secure than regular backs?

Thanks, Mochiko! :wavey:I absolutely adore them! I only take them off for cleaning.
They are regular backs.

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow snotty pie- your studs are stunning!! I LOVE that setting!! When the time comes to upgrade, I may need to see if I can find out who made them...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochiko they are gorgeous!!! :love::love::love:

Q

Queenie60

Lovely studs Mochiko! Enjoy wearing them.:love:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ear rings Mochiko, they look so white, I bet they look super sparkly on your ears. I would love to see some photos of you wearing your gorgeous new set if you would like to share?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ear rings Mochiko, they look so white, I bet they look super sparkly on your ears. I would love to see some photos of you wearing your gorgeous new set if you would like to share?

Thanks Sparkles88! I tried to take an 'ear selfie' but goodness they're not easy to take, lol! Here is a photo anyway. I'm quite tan so even Js look very white against my skin. :appl: I think 1.2tcw is the right size for everyday wear for me!
20170716_154108.jpg

3 ACAs :love:
IMG_20170714_135606_955.jpg

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sparkles88! I tried to take an 'ear selfie' but goodness they're not easy to take, lol! Here is a photo anyway. I'm quite tan so even Js look very white against my skin. :appl: I think 1.2tcw is the right size for everyday wear for me!
20170716_154108.jpg

3 ACAs :love:
IMG_20170714_135606_955.jpg

Thank you for sharing your ear selfie and a photo of your ACA family :love:. They are the perfect size for everyday wear, I've got some smaller studs and would to love upgrade one day. Ahhhh, so much pretty bling to admire and dream about.....

mrsgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm thinking of resetting my current studs into a martini bezel setting, but have also been considering just upgrading in size. I don't know the exact specs, but current studs are around .5 ct each and was thinking of going up to .75 ct each - is it even worth it? Or will the bezel setting already make the .5s look larger? So my options would be either reset the .5s into a martini bezel setting, or purchase .75s in a martini bezel setting. I just want a little more ooomph, but don't want to go totally overboard since they are for everyday wear.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Okay I will play. Not sure about the clarity but these are colorless D/E 1.50 CTW studs set in a 4 prong platinum setting. I love them and wear them every day only taking them out at night.
09c7b3c06a05fe9f5a470e52f925753d.jpg imgcache0.2265206.jpg
They are lovely Mindy - great size

mindy197999

Rough_Rock
Thank you!!! I do love them although sometimes DSS hits and I think of upgrading. Is that bad lol

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2724.JPG

3.12ctw E VS2 earrings by David Klass. 2 x .68ct stones surrounded by 16 x 11 pt stones - all ideal cut. Each earring 12.5mm in diameter. Set in platinum.

Amazing mrs b!!! :love: Beautifully done, they are stunning! :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay I will play. Not sure about the clarity but these are colorless D/E 1.50 CTW studs set in a 4 prong platinum setting. I love them and wear them every day only taking them out at night.
09c7b3c06a05fe9f5a470e52f925753d.jpg imgcache0.2265206.jpg

They look beautiful on you mindy! :love: Great size, they look really big! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results