shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

leyhuong

Shiny_Rock
Heididdl,
I like the warm tone reflected from the background. This photo look very nice but could be better. The quality of the photos depend a lot on the type of camera you use. I took mine with the LG G2. I think it is a great camera phone. Or you could try out any other phone/camera you find handy but remember to test the angles of the shoots. That will make a big difference.

heididdl|1385607113|3564314 said:
I can never get a great photo of mine

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you will try with my new eye pad

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
New to me .70 ctw diamond studs on my elf ears. I love them!

img_2943.jpg

LittleBigBling

Rough_Rock
Here is my 2.4 ctw studs one is a J and the other is an I, SI2 clarity. Boy are the ear shots tricky... I've been debating whether I should bezel these babies, have a jacket made, or wait and attempt and upgrade. Choices, choices, choices!

_12868.jpg

_12869.jpg

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
LittleBigBling|1387566865|3578228 said:
Here is my 2.4 ctw studs one is a J and the other is an I, SI2 clarity. Boy are the ear shots tricky... I've been debating whether I should bezel these babies, have a jacket made, or wait and attempt and upgrade. Choices, choices, choices!
mine are the same size and I've been thinking the same thing. I will get jackets I think as I wear these every day witout a thought but the jackets would be awesome for extra dress up bling. the bezel takes away from the stone In my HO

LittleBigBling

Rough_Rock
heididdl|1387594075|3578484 said:
mine are the same size and I've been thinking the same thing. I will get jackets I think as I wear these every day witout a thought but the jackets would be awesome for extra dress up bling. the bezel takes away from the stone In my HO
Thanks for your thoughts, and I think you are right. What a great way to amp up your earrings. At a formal Christmas party this year I wore my beloved studs, but felt like I needed a little something more!!! But I don't think my stones are high enough in the "C" department to pull off a bezel. Do you think jackets would look nice with my current four prong basket settings or are they better with martinis?

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
LittleBigBling|1387761385|3579279 said:
heididdl|1387594075|3578484 said:
Thanks for your thoughts, and I think you are right. What a great way to amp up your earrings. At a formal Christmas party this year I wore my beloved studs, but felt like I needed a little something more!!! But I don't think my stones are high enough in the "C" department to pull off a bezel. Do you think jackets would look nice with my current four prong basket settings or are they better with martinis?

Not sure I keep running into jewelry stores but no one has jackets they say sure we will make them for you but I'd like to see them and practice I don't know about the basket settings and jackets

SMC

Ideal_Rock
My BGD studs are here!

Stats:
- 0.518 J SI1, Brian Gavin Blue with very strong blue fluorescence, 5.14 x 5.18 x 3.17
- 0.534 J SI1, Brian Gavin Blue with strong blue fluorescence, 5.19 x 5.23 x 3.21

They are well matched and my fears of being able to see the size difference were unfounded.

(Please excuse the bad cell phone pictures.)

briangavin_bezels_schang1b_123013.jpg

briangavin_bezels_schang2b_123013.jpg

photo__41_.jpg

photo__43_0.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look fantastic sortmon, and are the perfect size!! Congrats and enjoy them! :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread. Here's the studs I have with me at the moment, a pair of .82 TCW ACA F-SI's, a pair of .54 TCW BGD Sig F-SI2's and a pait of .25 TCW WF presets. I love these sizes together.

earring-pendant_earpicr.jpg

earring-pendant_earpicl_1.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Andelain|1389199599|3588897 said:
I love this thread. Here's the studs I have with me at the moment, a pair of .82 TCW ACA F-SI's, a pair of .54 TCW BGD Sig F-SI2's and a pait of .25 TCW WF presets. I love these sizes together.

earring-pendant_earpicr.jpg

earring-pendant_earpicl_1.jpg
Argh, it's pictures like these that make me want to put more holes in my ears. I only have 1 in each ear!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
My studs have a bit of a story to them. My wonderful fiance surprised me with a pair of 0.5ctw preset BN studs for Christmas, but unfortunately the threaded posts were murdering my ears (I've had screw backs before that were tolerable, but the BN ones felt like they were designed in a way to make your life as miserable as possible). We had the option of sending them back to BN to get new posts soldered on, but I was concerned that it would make the settings fragile, and if we were going to bother with shipping back and forth I figured we'd be better off returning those and starting from scratch with IDJ.

Luann was absolutely amazing to work with - we were operating with a VERY limited budget, but she never hinted at it not being enough and both she and Yekutiel were so kind and attentive. She quickly found a pair of .56ctw H-I SI studs for me, we discussed it with my fiance, and decided to go for it. I was a little nervous about the whole thing, but I ended up absolutely LOVING the studs! They are definitely much more sparkly and substantial than the BN ones, and the settings are so much nicer and more comfortable. And best of all, IDJ has an upgrade policy even on the non-certed studs!

photo_1__5_.jpg

photo_3__1__4.jpg

Gah I have come to realize that there's just no way of taking a decent earring selfie...
photo_5_21.jpg

And here's a slightly more in focus version.
photo__2__7.jpg

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
They are just lovely, recordaras! And I couldn't agree more: trying to take earring selfies is just painful. :knockout:

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
kalomeli|1389557260|3591492 said:
They are just lovely, recordaras! And I couldn't agree more: trying to take earring selfies is just painful. :knockout:
Thank you so much! And I'm sure there has to be some kind of trick to it - I tried just about everything imaginable, including the Photo Booth on my laptop, but *nothing* comes out looking even remotely decent.

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
My new 1.01 ctw SI1 J color studs from IDJ. Luann was so nice and really worked with my budget to get me a really nice pair of studs. Sorry the pictures aren't that great but ear selfies on an phone are hard! I have no idea how to rotate the other picture, sorry :roll:

_13763.jpg

_13764.jpg

_13765.jpg

_13766.jpg

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Well after wearing them in different lighting conditions I've decided that I don't think they are a J, they seem L/M to me which is far too yellow for my taste. I'm going to return them and save longer for a higher color or go smaller in a better color. They are beautiful otherwise though.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Candygrl|1390004953|3595074 said:
Well after wearing them in different lighting conditions I've decided that I don't think they are a J, they seem L/M to me which is far too yellow for my taste. I'm going to return them and save longer for a higher color or go smaller in a better color. They are beautiful otherwise though.
Sorry to hear about that! Dealing with returns is always such a hassle. :( But maybe it's a good thing that you realized this early on.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Leyhuong, I am looking for a pair of jackets just like yours. :love: I have 2 cttw (I carat each) diamond studs and want to add the bling. Can you give me infor re your studs and jackets. My studs are 4 prongs. What is your total weight for each stud? Are they heavy worn together?

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Recordaras, I've worn them all weekend and most of the time they look great, but it's bugging me for some reason. They have an upgrade policy so of I don't return them I may upgrade them in a few months.

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Candygrl|1390179121|3596534 said:
Recordaras, I've worn them all weekend and most of the time they look great, but it's bugging me for some reason. They have an upgrade policy so of I don't return them I may upgrade them in a few months.
I definitely understand - usually there's no going back from that kind of stuff. I'm sure they will take good care of you no matter which way you decide to go.

Lauren0utloud

Rough_Rock
My wonderfully sweet boyfriend bought me 1 ctw stud diamonds for our second anniversary. They are .50 to .51 each. I've been asked several times if they were a carat each. The one photo shows the .48 ctw diamond pendant he bought me for Christmas this year. He enjoys looking at my diamonds as much as I enjoy wearing them. Cost him around $4,000 for studs and $1,500 for single pendant(not including gold chain and gold setting). :D Everyone's diamonds are so beautiful!

_14053.jpg

_14054.jpg

_14055.jpg

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock
LaurenOutloud we need an ear shot please :)

refraction

Rough_Rock
I love everyones earrings here! This thread was a big inspiration for me to purchase my first diamond studs, so thank you to everyone who posted their gorgeous studs and ear shots too!

I asked my SO about the possibility of purchasing the pair of 0.25ct each AVR studs, and without hesitation he just asked what I was going to wear in my second holes and suggested I get TWO pairs of diamond studs. I'm seriously one lucky gal to have someone who suggests buying more diamonds than I asked for.

They are pretty tiny, but here are my two new pairs of AVR studs!
1st pair, 0.5cttw
2nd pair, 0.23cttw
Settings are three-prong martini, 14k white gold, push-backs, from GOG.

(pictured next to my 1ct AVR solitaire for reference)

img_2292_avr_studs_ear_shot.jpg

img_2304_avr_studs.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
refraction|1392957759|3619885 said:
I love everyones earrings here! This thread was a big inspiration for me to purchase my first diamond studs, so thank you to everyone who posted their gorgeous studs and ear shots too!

I asked my SO about the possibility of purchasing the pair of 0.25ct each AVR studs, and without hesitation he just asked what I was going to wear in my second holes and suggested I get TWO pairs of diamond studs. I'm seriously one lucky gal to have someone who suggests buying more diamonds than I asked for.

They are pretty tiny, but here are my two new pairs of AVR studs!
1st pair, 0.5cttw
2nd pair, 0.23cttw
Settings are three-prong martini, 14k white gold, push-backs, from GOG.

(pictured next to my 1ct AVR solitaire for reference)

Both pairs are beautiful! You're lucky to have two new sets to play with and wear :))

gem_anemone

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to add my preloved diamond studs to the mix! 0.90 tcw sold to me as SI2/I which with my little bit of diamond knowledge and having them checked out by my jeweler seems right:
Next to my E colored ering:
image_1302_0.jpg

Earshot
image_1303_0.jpg

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty!

JMLgoodlife

Rough_Rock
The studs are bezel set 1 ct tw I don't remember other specs but they were a gift from my mom for graduation. The jackets were a golden birthday present from her too because clearly the only present for a golden bithday is gold and diamonds :twirl: image_1417.jpg
Here are my other studs. 1 ct tw with and without jackets .5 ct tw bezel set and .30 ct tw prong set with horrible screw backs that irritate my ears
image_1419.jpg

Bailey_Lou

Shiny_Rock
I just received these from WF as a push present and they are just gorgeous. They're .63 J/K VS2 ACA in the platinum martini setting and I really cannot believe how white and just sparkalicious they look! I also really am liking the pousette backs. They hold the studs in securely. This thread has been one of my favorites since I found PS and I finally get to add my pics as well.

0_4.jpg 0_9.jpg

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock
My new BGD studs... they sparkle like mad! :love:

Hearts & Arrows
AGS000
VS1 clarity for both
I colour for both
.838ctw (0.416 and 0.422)
14k white gold six-prong setting

studs1.jpg

_16054.jpg