color
clarity

Show me your Daniel M goodies!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear that people who've waited for extensive time periods are getting their pieces!

Dan is such an excellent artisan and gives such good value that I'm willing to give him some extra time. Luckily it will only have been six or seven weeks for me.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I emailed Dan again. He has completed my earrings, but is having trouble getting a reasonable shipping rate to Australia, as shipping costs have hit the roof, thanks to The Rona. I'm grateful for his efforts.

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
Dan recently completed a slew of repairs for me rather quickly. (I collect antiques and he is great at fixing and restoring.) I think because I wasn't having anything cast it was all done rather fast b/c they were all things he could do himself without having to wait on a 2nd party (like a casting house). He did a fantastic job on everything! He is working on another custom piece for my mom, but we aren't in a huge rush. I understand he is a one man show and it's always worth the wait imo.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That sucks. Out of interest, are your designs quite complex? Or do they require sourcing any special materials?

I couldn't remember what I sent him, it's been so long! One is a small heart-shaped pezzottaite I sent in January to be set in a puffy heart pendant setting. He's been saying the CADs were about done since February.

The other is a large heart-shaped tanzanite. I said I wanted a pendant, but we never even got around to discussing details!

I requested an update Sept. 28th and I'm still waiting. :wall:

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn't remember what I sent him, it's been so long! One is a small heart-shaped pezzottaite I sent in January to be set in a puffy heart pendant setting. He's been saying the CADs were about done since February.

The other is a large heart-shaped tanzanite. I said I wanted a pendant, but we never even got around to discussing details!

If you read my message history, I did have to sit on him a bit. I was asking politely but firmly for a refund towards the end. But it’s because I have a local jeweller who I like now, so it’s your individual call how much to push.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone heard from Dan lately? He told me he has shipped my earrings, but the tracking status hasn't changed in the two weeks since. I emailed him asking him to chase it up last week, he said he'd get back to me with an update later that day, and never did. I've emailed him twice asking again, and no response. I'm super anxious about sinking $1000 into earrings that I still haven't laid eyes on, not even a photo...and the lack of communication has me pretty fed up. I feel I've been patient enough, but my patience has worn most thin.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does he have a day job or is jewelry the way he pays his mortgage and puts food on the table?
Not making it as an excuse - just genuinely curious.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Has anyone heard from Dan lately? He told me he has shipped my earrings, but the tracking status hasn't changed in the two weeks since. I emailed him asking him to chase it up last week, he said he'd get back to me with an update later that day, and never did. I've emailed him twice asking again, and no response. I'm super anxious about sinking $1000 into earrings that I still haven't laid eyes on, not even a photo...and the lack of communication has me pretty fed up. I feel I've been patient enough, but my patience has worn most thin.

He didn’t send you a photo of the finished earrings?

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I got a message from Dan today telling me that my ring and earrings are done. He's finishing up the polishing and taking photos before shipping tomorrow. Hope that this actually happens after some of the dependability lapses I've been reading about recently.

Dandi, I hope that your earrings show up soon!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed that is really really weird! I hope you get some resolution soon. That sounds so stressful; I am so sorry.

Thanks lovely x

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
7A34C07E-80D0-4657-989D-EC39C084B4DA.jpeg My ring arrived yesterday. Happy with it. This was a tsavorite cab that I bought and sent to Dan without seeing it in person. It had some nicks I was aware of but they were well covered by the rose gold bezel.

Lovely ring! :kiss2:

Chasiu

Shiny_Rock

I'm also in the same boat as you! Back in March, I sent Dan a lavender spinel to create a custom white gold ring, along with a few other stones for simple martini earrings & a pendant reset. He finished everything by early May and I was happy with his work except for the lavender spinel ring (uneven bezel, halo stones were all chipped and some were loose), so I sent it back. It has now been 6 months and still no finished ring. Dan mentioned in August he was having issues with his casting house and their white gold alloy, but reached out in early September to say that the latest casting was perfect & he would finish the ring ASAP. It's now been over 2 months since I last heard from him; it's super frustrating because I've tried to be patient for so long already with no status updates, despite having reached out 3-4 times (most recently this week). Honestly I just want my stone back and a refund at this point, since I'll be moving soon and don't want things getting lost in the mail or the shuffle.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Got my ring today and it looks great. It's a real sparkle bomb between the zircon and silver spinels! It's overcast here today, so the picture isn't showing that very well.

thumbnail.jpg

So pretty! Love it

Gemmy123

Shiny_Rock
I had some pieces of jewelry languishing in my jewelry box with lots of randomly sized small diamonds so I sent them to Daniel M and he set them into a white gold 'bubble ring' and a pave rose gold sliding pendant. I wanted comfortable pieces suitable for everyday wear for both of them fit the bill perfectly. I just received them today and just love them I can't believe they were hidden away for so long. I also got a pendant made by Daniel M years ago with an asscher amethyst from Peter Torraca I didn't post it back then so I wanted to include it this time. IMG_6993.jpeg IMG_7002.jpeg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look fantastic! I wish I could get my earrings from him!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results