shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Daniel M goodies!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have my first Daniel M goodies on the way, just got the pictures! They're argentum silver studs with blue zircons cut by Dana from Mastercut Gems

il_75x75_214680904.jpg

il_570xN_214681372.jpg

il_570xN_214681454.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok. I'm back...

Spinel ring done.jpg

IMG_0709 freke.jpg

IMG_0748 freke.jpg

IMG_0743 freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this is all I have...for now. I have two more that he's working on, but they will probably be in my mitts the beginning of March.

IMG_9344 freke.jpg

IMG_9369 liz.jpg

IMG_9977 freke.jpg

IMG_9973 freke.jpg

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
I've purchased many pieces from Daniel M, but only 2 of them for myself so far. I have another ring project in the works, but for now, here are my 2 pieces.

First - my custom DBTY Argentium bracelet with an Aquamarine (my birthstone) and an Alexandrite (hubby's birthstone), both 5mm:

Next - my custom Aqua halo in platinum:

si_bracelet.jpg

si_ring.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Here is my latest project with Caren and Dan. I have lots more in mind, but no money to proceed yet. :((

Lori

LORI SPIDER RING2.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I have two! My aqua ring turned out beautifully and I love these fun topaz and silver earrings. I get compliments on both pieces all of the time!

danielmaqua.jpg

danielmtopaz.jpg

empress

Shiny_Rock
Uli Tanzanian greyish salmon spinel with silk. Argentium silver double bezel setting by Daniel M.

il_570xN.213210304.jpg

il_570xN.213210483.jpg

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Frekechild, I didn't realize til now that your silver spinel ring in Daniel M's shop is what I asked for when I got my sphene.

sphene.jpg
spinel.jpg

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
For those of you who have more expensive danielm pieces, how would you rate the workmanship?

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't had Dan make me anything in gold, so I can't comment on that.

But my platinum halo ring was designed in CAD and casted by their casting company, and then he just set the stones. I thought he did an awesome job. I paid $1599 for that ring, and I was quoted WAY over that amount at my local jewelry store to custom-make the same ring.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't have any expensive pieces but I just got my earrings and I'm really impressed. The bezels are very thin and perfectly symmetrical. The quality is really nice.

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks guys, sandy your ring was a steal for that much platinum and stone setting.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks texaskj - I thought so too. The thing is 11.6 grams!

Are you contemplating a custom high-end piece from them?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
maebelle|1297285169|2847900 said:
Frekechild, I didn't realize til now that your silver spinel ring in Daniel M's shop is what I asked for when I got my sphene.

sphene.jpg
spinel.jpg
Yup! I noticed the sphene when I was trolling the sold section...which I do a lot. I based mine on the Sholdt setting. I'll attach pics...

I have a LOT of cheaper pieces, my bezel band was probably the most expensive and that's partly due to the gold. And partly due to the CADs. I do have a very sentimental piece coming in a few weeks and that's pretty pricey although mostly silver and no CADs. I don't really know what constitutes as high end, but I've been going to Daniel M pretty much exclusively for a while, and plan to for the future. The prices are amazing and I haven't been disappointed yet. And I really like that it's handmade.

Now for the Sholdt pictures...

sholdt ring side 2.JPG

sholdt ring side.JPG

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Sandy, that's a ton of platinum for that price.
I've got a stone that was my great grandmother's I'd love to put in a bezel pendant. And a little aqua from my grandmother and two garnets for earrings and, and, and.....maybe some day I'll get married again, but we're in no hurry now.
And I'm on pins and needles to see laurenthepartier's reserved for item on the etsy site now.

mousey

Shiny_Rock
I was really impressed w the workmanship. I won t hesitate to use them again in the future. The pendant I received from them is my new fav piece (well, cept my e ring or course.....).
FC- I love all your DanielM jewelry, esp the pink (spinel?) pendant- stunning!

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
FrekeChild|1297310188|2848224 said:
Yup! I noticed the sphene when I was trolling the sold section...which I do a lot. I based mine on the Sholdt setting. I'll attach pics...

I have a LOT of cheaper pieces, my bezel band was probably the most expensive and that's partly due to the gold. And partly due to the CADs. I do have a very sentimental piece coming in a few weeks and that's pretty pricey although mostly silver and no CADs. I don't really know what constitutes as high end, but I've been going to Daniel M pretty much exclusively for a while, and plan to for the future. The prices are amazing and I haven't been disappointed yet. And I really like that it's handmade.

Now for the Sholdt pictures...

Freke, I do the same thing! I love looking at their finished pieces.

texaskj, if you haven't done so yet, you should totally contact Caren to get some of your stones set. Their bezel pendants are awesome and so inexpensive!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
So everyone is happy with their bezeled pieces from them? I know MTG had problems with her star sapphire but maybe since that was a cab it was difficult to bezel. I would like to use them for something.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
There are all Caren's pics:

leaf 1.jpg

daniel m 2.jpg

daniel m 1.jpg

daniel m 3.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spessartite and Tsavorite bypass ring.

TLspesstsavbypasssun2.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He seems to make good prongs, does anyone have anything in prongs with more "stuff" on the sides?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
SO excited to see this thread. I don't have as much time for PS as I did in the past so I'm a little late to the party here.

The first PS DanielM pieces are in my avatar, but here they are in full sized color. The rainbow bezel sliding pendants. I was inspired by a bezel sliding pendant I saw on PS somewhere and wanted to use that design to create gifts for my bridesmaids. Freke was kind enough to shop for stones at her local shop and send them to me in Philly. I then created an alchemy request on Etsy and DanielM found me and gave me a quote. Such a dream to work with the and it pleases me to no end to see those pendants on my friend's necks when I get to visit with them.

danielmpendants.JPG

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
He made a ring for my mother this Christmas. I tried to source my own stone but it was tough to find a smaller stone in the color that I needed for the ring. The design was sketched by my mother in the summer. I basically recreated her sketches in MS Paint and sent it off to DanielM. Come Christmas I had this lovely piece to present to her.

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/38518231

And here are some of Caren's great pictures.

danielmringmom.jpg

danielmringmomside.jpg

danielmringtop.jpg

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
texaskj|1297297992|2848048 said:
For those of you who have more expensive danielm pieces, how would you rate the workmanship?

I only own one set of earrings from DanielM. The other pieces I've ordered were gifts. Either way though I've always been impressed with the workmanship. When he set my studs I asked for the prongs to be as delicate and invisible as possible. When I look in the mirror I don't even see the prongs, I only see the stones. Love that! The contact is great with every prong on the studs and I feel that my stones are very secure.

The ring he recently made for my mother involved two kinds of metal (argentium and yellow gold) and a bezeled stone set into the band. The work is lovely and he interpreted the sketches I sent just the way I had hoped.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Caren's pics (way better than mine)...

il_fullxfull.196226252.jpg - 3-stone tourmaline and purple sapphire pendant
sphenenecklace1.jpg - sphene necklace
sapphring1.jpg - sapphire ring (rose gold and silver)
spinelring1.jpg - u-prong spinel ring
jstar-3stonepend1.jpg - 3-stone pendant with tanzanites and opal

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
jstarfireb|1297577424|2850606 said:
Caren's pics (way better than mine)...

That reminds me... I owe you something.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
My amethyst from Barry set in Argentium silver.

Danielm Barry Amethyst Ring 2.jpg

Danielm Barry Amethyst Ring.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results