shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Bouquets!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 10:50:41 PM
Author: whenharrymetsally
I think this is going to be the one for me. Does anybody think this will match light pink BM dresses??
Yes... the right tint would look lovely. Some shades would be off.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 11:35:14 PM
Author: jcrow

Date: 9/7/2007 9:58:45 PM
Author: basil

Date: 9/7/2007 8:58:27 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Basil, can you show your florist different examples of the size you''re looking for? There are simple bouquets with only a few flowers and then there are ones like Jaders'' (which is incredibly stunning by the way!). I know you''re shooting for something in the middle. I''m not sure what dimensions you''re going for, but I''d try to e-mail pics to your florist so she can get a good idea of the size.

I guess. But it doesn''t seem like a picture shows the scale very well. For example, I think Molly''s bouquet is a nice size - very proportional to her. But, it''s hard to tell whether Molly is 5''9'' or 5''2'' from the single picture, which might make a difference in the size of her bouquet relative to her. I was just wondering if people had a rough idea of the diameter of their bouquets - 14'', 16'', 18'' whatever. Then it would be easier to describe, since the florist won''t have me standing in front of her as she designs the bouquet.

Sorry for using you as an example, Molly. I just thought you (and your beautiful bouquet...and beautiful dress...and handsome groom) looked really nice!

i know what you mean. for my bridal portraits, my bouquet looked normal sized. but when i got my pics back, i thought it looked too big in comparison to me. so, i asked the florist to scale back a bloom or two from my bouquet. i thought it turned out the perfect size for the wedding.
it was just a tad bigger than the bm''s bouquets... but next to them, theirs looked smaller in proportion to they bodies. make any sense?
Oh, I get it now. Sorry if I misunderstood. I never thought of the height/frame issue and proportions. Thanks for the explanation ladies.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Here was my bouquet (you can partially see my MOH''s bouquet behind it):

JFOBouquet.jpg

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
And an inspiration pic. I had asked for the lilies to be added to mine...

Pink&Purple.jpg

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Jaders hon - what was the flower in the middle of your bouquet? love the roses on the outside...
Was it very heavy? What do you think it would look like with roses on the outside and carnations in the middle? Just a thot :}

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 10:50:41 PM
Author: whenharrymetsally
I think this is going to be the one for me. Does anybody think this will match light pink BM dresses??
I think that would be beautiful with a watercolor lighter soft rose dress, really would make the flowers pop but not be too over the top. very beautiful!!

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Basil-

I''m 5''9
9.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine!!! I love how my flowers turned out.

Tacori_B.jpg

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 10:09:25 AM
Author: wifey2b
Jaders hon - what was the flower in the middle of your bouquet? love the roses on the outside...
Was it very heavy? What do you think it would look like with roses on the outside and carnations in the middle? Just a thot :}
Hi wifey2b! I''m not Jaders but I believe the flowers in the middle of her bouquet are stephanotis. It looks like pearled stephanotis. Isn''t a gorgeous bouquet? I love it!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori,

I love your bouquet. So beautiful!

Here is one from my inspiration collection. I love the purpley-plumy colors!

bellefleur2.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 1:38:26 PM
Author: Molly1024
Basil-

I''m 5''9
9.gif

9.gif
I figured either you were tall or your husband was...not tall...but it''s hard to tell! You looked gorgeous though!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Portia. I like the same colors as you. Mine were more of a bluish purple but I still loved them. Our florist is a family friend and did a great job. I love color bouquets against white wedding dresses. I have my wedding pics on here somewhere (with my flower arch, center pieces and my favorite....kissing balls) Really that photo makes me miss my waist!
39.gif
Haha!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori,

Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous! I just looked at your pics again. Your florist friend did an amazing job! Wow... just stunning! And don''t worry, your tiny waist will return... all in good time!
1.gif
Haha I wish I could blame my disappearing waist on pregnancy, but I have absolutely no excuse other than enjoying married life too much!

I''m with you... love the pop of color against a white dress (or white background). We had a small, intimate wedding in Colorado and then a reception in Chicago 3 weeks later. When I told our Chicago wedding planner my idea of having a very simple table setting of white dishes and ivory linens and then a major pop of color in our centerpieces (we had tall centerpieces with fushia and purple dendrobiums, curly willow branches, hanging votives and a bit of greens). She just couldn''t understand why I didn''t want purple linens to match our flowers. I entertained the idea (for a second!) and was glad I didn''t doubt my original vision. It ended up perfect for us.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 10:23:39 PM
Author: portia
Tacori,

Your wedding was absolutely gorgeous! I just looked at your pics again. Your florist friend did an amazing job! Wow... just stunning! And don''t worry, your tiny waist will return... all in good time!
1.gif
Haha I wish I could blame my disappearing waist on pregnancy, but I have absolutely no excuse other than enjoying married life too much!

I''m with you... love the pop of color against a white dress (or white background). We had a small, intimate wedding in Colorado and then a reception in Chicago 3 weeks later. When I told our Chicago wedding planner my idea of having a very simple table setting of white dishes and ivory linens and then a major pop of color in our centerpieces (we had tall centerpieces with fushia and purple dendrobiums, curly willow branches, hanging votives and a bit of greens). She just couldn''t understand why I didn''t want purple linens to match our flowers. I entertained the idea (for a second!) and was glad I didn''t doubt my original vision. It ended up perfect for us.

Thanks! I thought it was beautiful but I am obviously bias! She made the flowers look EXACTLY like inspiration photos I showed her. Sounds like we have similar taste. I am all about contrast. Do you have your wedding pics on here? I would love to see them if you do. Or guilt you into starting a wedding thread. I love hanging votives (though had a HARD time finding them). My parents use them in their backyard now.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Well my pics aren''t as gorgeous as yours. It was a small wedding and it rained all week so we weren''t really able to get the pictures I had planned on. Here''s the link: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/we-got-married-in-telluride.48529/ I don''t mean to threadjack... it''s Sat. night and I think we''re the only ones on PS. hehe

I never posted my Chicago pics since we didn''t have a professional photographer. We only have some photos that DH''s family took. That was our biggest mistake... not getting a photographer for the reception. DH and I still laugh at how stupid that was. DOH!!

E B

Ideal_Rock
This is the wrong color scheme for our wedding, but I love how full of texture it is, and I *adore* the anemone(s). Maybe it'll inspire someone with a peachy/pink scheme!

bouquet929.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Portia you have got to be KIDDING me! Your photos are awesome and everything was beautiful. Loved the flowers, the dress, your hair...everything! Very classy!!! Our wedding was in Milwaukee. Not too far from your Chicago one. Too bad about no pics from the second reception. Oh well!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Awww... thanks Tacori! You''re so sweet!
1.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 11:56:30 PM
Author: portia
Awww... thanks Tacori! You''re so sweet!
1.gif

I speak the truth.
2.gif

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/8/2007 10:09:25 AM
Author: wifey2b

Hey Wifey...

The flower in the middle was stephanotis... (traditional wedding flower.. but HOLY crap.. expensive!!!)

It was very heavy (think 5lbs ish maybe 6 or 7...) my arm literally hurt for days after.. BUT... holy cow.. it was gorgeous.. people could smell me coming.. LOL.. it smelled sooo beautiful. I almost fell over when the florist brought it to the house before the ceremony.

A couple of ways to lower the cost of the bouquet would be to use the following in the middle: a. use carnations (btw.. I think that would be beautiful) b. use hydrangeas... or c. use queen ann's lace.

Just a note... under the stephanotis is queen ann's lace to fill in the gaps. I made sure that my florist knew I didnt want the queen ann's lace to show.. and I wanted a very modern/simple view.. and I thought seeing the queen ann's lace would take away from that.

Hope that helps.. oh.. btw the style of bouquet is called biedemere (sp?)

ETA: It was heavy.. and expensive.. but honestly.. i wouldnt change a thing.. it was exactly what I had dreamed of!!! I would totally recommend it!!
Thanks Zoe.. I loved it too!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results