shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Bouquets!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 3:15:21 PM
Author: ivanadiamond
Thanks Jcrow- I love the last bouquet you posted. Was that yours? It''s so stunning!

thanks. nope, mine was peonies. when i get to my other computer, i''ll post pics of it.
i also have more inspirational bouquets to post.
i''m so glad to see more pics of your wedding. it''s one of my favorites.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/4/2007 4:08:47 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 9/4/2007 2:36:38 PM
Author: ivanadiamond
flowergirl basket

Your bouquet and the flowergirl''s basket with the shells is so cool! Such a unique idea, and really nicely executed.

Your dress is one of my favorites here on PS
30.gif
, and you looked beautiful!
thanks- I thought they did a really great job too and with such great detail. This is a close up of the basket shell area...

jcrow, thank you for such a nice compliment, you made my day
emembarrassed.gif

8067-206-29.Jpg

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Here is my bouquet inspiration:

bouquet_inspiration.jpg

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
And here''s what I got. My only complaint was the dark pink flowers (no clue what they are) were sticking out way too much and I wanted to cut them, but was outvoted. Otherwise, I LOVE peonies and snapdragons.

molly_wedding.jpg

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
my brother got married last weekend. Here is a pic of them right after the ceremony. my SIL bouquet was beautiful! This is the best pic I have...

pic1edit.JPG

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
Another view:

molly_wedding1.jpg

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty -- you, him and the bouquet!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
wowwwwww ladies!!!

I''ve been so busy I just had a chance to come back...and let me just say I LOVE all the pictures!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I am loving the mixes bouquets more and more and will definitely add color. I''m saving all these pictures to my "favorites" folder...hehe

Thank you for posting and feel free to keep on posting!
9.gif

M~

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
here is MY bouquet
5.gif

Hands352s.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
and the following are from my inspiration folder
4.gif

335979923232fp64XROQDF23235-873-952ot1lsi.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
2.gif

Bouq3.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
3.gif

Bouqet2n.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
6.gif

Bouqet.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
1.gif

BouqFairBiancaRosesAnd ranunculus.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
16.gif

twoworlds_1204_04.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
and lastly
25.gif

BouqPeonies.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hey JCrow, I LOVE your bouquet. What are those flowers called?

Sorry to be so dumb!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 4:12:45 PM
Author: jcrow
here is MY bouquet
5.gif
Beautiful, just like everything about your wedding! Especially like the lacy red thingy on the stems.
21.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 4:36:02 PM
Author: Independent Gal
Hey JCrow, I LOVE your bouquet. What are those flowers called?

Sorry to be so dumb!
pah-leez! so not dumb.
they''re peonies. even though everyone kept commenting on my roses
20.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 4:56:43 PM
Author: HollyS

Date: 9/7/2007 4:12:45 PM
Author: jcrow
here is MY bouquet
5.gif
Beautiful, just like everything about your wedding! Especially like the lacy red thingy on the stems.
21.gif
**blush** awe, thanks!
the lacy red thing is very special to me! my grandmother tatted it for me especially for my wedding bouquet.

ivanadiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Jcrow, your bouquet is stunning
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I don''t think I have ever seen peonies in such a vibrant and gorgeous hue of red. I love the cross and the red lacy stem cover from your grandmother. It is beautiful and so sweet-
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s a collage I did the other day -- it''s callas in many different colors. I think one of my favorites is the one on the bottom left (light orange, 3 calla pic).

callas collage.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had to resize my collage and in doing so, the flowers look pretty grainy, but you get the idea.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have a real bouquet yet, but here is my inspiration pic, from Martha Stewart Wedding magazine a few issues ago.

This is tangential, but what is a good size for a bouquet? Are there certain average dimensions? I want something sort of medium-large, but I don''t know how to describe this to my florist.

marthabouqu1212.jpg

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
i''m assuming this broom is for the "jumping the broom" ceremony that some African American couples do. I forget what it symbolizes, jumping into their new life together? the couple holds hands and literally jumps over the broom at the end of their ceremony. I''ve seen it on wedding shows.

From way back at the beginning of the thread - jumping over the broom is a wedding custom that dates from slavery. Slaves could not be legally married, and generally their ceremonies would be performed by a master or a slave preacher. In many slave weddings, once the couple jumped over the broom, they were considered married. It was a way of investing what was often a perfunctory acknowledgement of a new relationship with some ceremony and symbolism.

Now back to the bouquets!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Basil, can you show your florist different examples of the size you''re looking for? There are simple bouquets with only a few flowers and then there are ones like Jaders'' (which is incredibly stunning by the way!). I know you''re shooting for something in the middle. I''m not sure what dimensions you''re going for, but I''d try to e-mail pics to your florist so she can get a good idea of the size.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 8:58:27 PM
Author: zoebartlett
Basil, can you show your florist different examples of the size you''re looking for? There are simple bouquets with only a few flowers and then there are ones like Jaders'' (which is incredibly stunning by the way!). I know you''re shooting for something in the middle. I''m not sure what dimensions you''re going for, but I''d try to e-mail pics to your florist so she can get a good idea of the size.

I guess. But it doesn''t seem like a picture shows the scale very well. For example, I think Molly''s bouquet is a nice size - very proportional to her. But, it''s hard to tell whether Molly is 5''9" or 5''2" from the single picture, which might make a difference in the size of her bouquet relative to her. I was just wondering if people had a rough idea of the diameter of their bouquets - 14", 16", 18" whatever. Then it would be easier to describe, since the florist won''t have me standing in front of her as she designs the bouquet.

Sorry for using you as an example, Molly. I just thought you (and your beautiful bouquet...and beautiful dress...and handsome groom) looked really nice!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Basil, that bouquet is GORGEOUS! I don''t have an inspiration pic of my own, but mine will be a lot like that: full of color and texture.

whenharrymetsally

Shiny_Rock
I think this is going to be the one for me. Does anybody think this will match light pink BM dresses??

berts bouquet.jpg

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2007 9:58:45 PM
Author: basil
Date: 9/7/2007 8:58:27 PM
Author: zoebartlett

I guess. But it doesn''t seem like a picture shows the scale very well. For example, I think Molly''s bouquet is a nice size - very proportional to her. But, it''s hard to tell whether Molly is 5''9'' or 5''2'' from the single picture, which might make a difference in the size of her bouquet relative to her. I was just wondering if people had a rough idea of the diameter of their bouquets - 14'', 16'', 18'' whatever. Then it would be easier to describe, since the florist won''t have me standing in front of her as she designs the bouquet.

Sorry for using you as an example, Molly. I just thought you (and your beautiful bouquet...and beautiful dress...and handsome groom) looked really nice!

i know what you mean. for my bridal portraits, my bouquet looked normal sized. but when i got my pics back, i thought it looked too big in comparison to me. so, i asked the florist to scale back a bloom or two from my bouquet. i thought it turned out the perfect size for the wedding.
it was just a tad bigger than the bm''s bouquets... but next to them, theirs looked smaller in proportion to they bodies. make any sense?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results