shape
carat
color
clarity

We got married in Telluride!!!....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

portia

Brilliant_Rock

... in the rain! I know they say it''s good luck, but c''mon! I heard that so many times that day. It''s too funny!

We''ve been going out there (Telluride, CO) for 17 yrs. every 4th of July week. It was always a dream of mine (and for the last 6yrs my DH''s too) to get married there. It''s always perfect in July - rains a bit in the afternoon but usually clears up and you get that beautiful alpenglow cast of light. So pretty! Anyway, this was the worst weather in 17 yrs. And when we got engaged we almost set the wedding for 7-7-07 (uhhh.... hindsight!). Oh well... what can you do but make the most of it.

We had such a beautiful and very emotional ceremony (totally made up for the rain). I''m really not one for tears, but geez... my brother barely made it through his reading and well... that pretty much started the waterworks. Everyone was crying (including myself)... at the ceremony... just after the ceremony in church... during cocktails... during toasts. Oh my gosh, I never thought it would be so emotional for everyone. It was very sweet! Everyone had a great time. Very happy tears!!

So, for all you girls worried about the little things... it all works out. It rained ALL day for us and really couldn''t get the beautiful mountain photos we so longed for, but we had a GREAT time. :) You just can''t let those things ruin your special day.

Here are a couple of photos of our wedding day. I''ll have more later.

Just after the ceremony. Couldn''t really walk outside so we just posed by the door and then went back inside. The church was built in 1896 during mining boom. So much history to this little town!

DSC_0572sm-1.JPG

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
We have lots of nice pictures of.......

clouds! hehe
23.gif

DSC_0963sm-1.JPG

regalada

Shiny_Rock
That second picture is breathtaking, clouds and all
36.gif
!

Congratulations!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks regalada & Tacori for the congrats!
1.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
WOW those pictures are spectacular!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I loooove the church and those MOUNTAINS!!!!
23.gif
Soooo glad you had a perfect day in spite of the rain, and you and your husband both look so beautiful! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
You will have a long and happy marriage- that is what the rain says for you! Hurray!
Your dress is gorgeous, the cloud picture is amazing and I love that cute little church!
I can''t wait to see more pictures!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh MY--that is such a wonderful picture of you guys in the clouds.....more please! Congrats!!! (btw, is your avatar a picture of a bengal cat?? sooo cute)

cheers--Sharon

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Even with the clouds it looks absolutely spectacular. The clouds give it an ethereal touch. MORE!

portia

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks albicocca, jorman, canuk-gal and selflove for your sweet comments!

jorman, I certainly hope that''s what it means!! If so, we''ll live a loooooooooooooong time happily together because there sure was a lot of rain... enough for two lifetimes! ;-) BTW, your wedding photos are gorgeous. You look like goddess!! Beautiful setting!

canuk-gal, yes that''s our female bengal, Haley. She''s a marbled bengal and quite the diva kitty! We also have a male spotted bengal. We have another name for him too, but I probably shouldn''t say it here. hehe He''s quite a challenge - *extremely* vocal.

I''ll post more pics later.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh WOW~ i got the chills looking at that stunning second picture! wow.
i love your hair too!
anymore shots?

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Portia!
That second picture! Spectacular!
Oh my gosh, please post more!!!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!! You looked beautiful!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG that second picture is amazing! What a photo

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, I LOVE the photo with the clouds. I think it adds much more dimension and mystique to the photo, and I am not just saying that. I am actually hoping for a bit of a cloudy day for my beach wedding because it adds more interest to the pics.

Congrats...just gorgeous!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh that second photo is just heavenly! It rained on my wedding day too and everyone told me it was good luck--one explanation was that the actual marriage was the planting of the seeds and they need water to grow, hence the rain! Sounds believable to me, so I hope you and I will have long lasting, fruitful, happy marriages! Congratulations!!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 8:12:40 PM
Author: curlygirl
Oh that second photo is just heavenly! It rained on my wedding day too and everyone told me it was good luck--one explanation was that the actual marriage was the planting of the seeds and they need water to grow, hence the rain! Sounds believable to me, so I hope you and I will have long lasting, fruitful, happy marriages! Congratulations!!
Awwww... curly girl... that''s so sweet! Everyone told me it''s good luck but no one had an explanation as to why it''s good luck. I''ll have to remember that!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I''m back with more photos. I''m not sure if I can post multiple, but I''m going to try.
Here''s the church and the house where we had our cocktail reception. It was supposed to be on the patio, but it was too wet. The church was just down the "hill" from the house.

DSC_0381sm-2.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, didn''t work. Guess I''m have to post one at a time.

DSC_0379sm-2.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
My dad walking me down the aisle.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
oops... here it is

DSC_0471sm.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s our whole group. It was very intimate! Everyone said they really felt a part of the ceremony because they were sitting so close on both sides.

DSC_0485sm.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Final blessing...

DSC_0545sm-1.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
My fleurs! They turned out so nice... especially considering I did this completely by phone and email with the florist out there.

DSC_0637sm-2.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2006 11:02:52 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
NEAT PICTURE!! I love this with the clouds. What a sweet intimate wedding. Congratulations!
Thanks SanDiegoLady!
1.gif
They turned out much better than I had expected.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Cocktail reception back at the house. My dad giving a toast. We''re thinking... food, cocktails and thank goodness, we can relax!!

DSC_0755sm.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Getting off the gondola for dinner...

DSC_0933sm.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh Portia - you looked so ELEGANT!

And that seemed to be such a beautiful intimate ceremony - it looked like it was just lovely. Congrats!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, just a few more, and then I promise I''m done!
1.gif

Where we had our "reception" dinner with a fabulous view of.... yep... you guessed it.... more CLOUDS!!

DSC_0990sm-1.jpg

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Enchanted forest...

DSC_0986sm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results