shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your BIG eternity band ....

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
... thread? If there's a thread on this topic already out there, point me in the right direction! And if not, shall we start one? I've been getting obsessed with the gigantic* eternities lately, and I want to see a little temptation!

*How to define "gigantic?" I dunno. I've heard the rule** that an eternity band should usually match the carat weight of the center stone ... so if you have an eternity that outweighs either your center stone or what you think of as the "standard" in terms of TCW (I know some of you ladies are rocking the skating-rink-sized solitaires), give it a little spotlight here!

** I think this rule, and for that matter, most rules concerning jewelry, are bunk, but the arbitrary cut-off of 1, 2, 3 carats or what-have-you just didn't seem like that much fun.

LAG2010

Shiny_Rock
i've seen a thread about eternity bands in general, but never any that specifically called out "big" bands. Mine isn't necessarily huge, especially compared to some of the amazing stunners on PS, but it does outweigh my center stone at 3.4 carats (e ring center stone is 2.54). It's a shared U-prong eternity band. Here are a couple of pics.

eternitybandfeb.jpg

ebandprofile.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I consider BIG to me- to be over 6 carats because i think those are show stoppers, but here is mine for the mix! My 4.75ct eternity in 18k yellow gold. My center ering stone is 2.04ct...though typically i don't wear my together as a set as my ering is white gold.

Attachments

• eband.bmp
    359.6 KB · Views: 14,378

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Oooh thank you so much for starting this thread Circe :D It is both my 40th and my 10 year anniversary this year and I am hoping for an eternity made with 40 or 50 pointers! Cant wait for the replies...

LGK

Ideal_Rock
Circe, good topic! :lickout:

Those of you with larger eternity bands, are they comfy to wear? I've never tried a larger one on, and they always look like they might feel bulky. Do they? Or do you just get totally used to it? Thanks!

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
I have a full eternity band that I wear daily that is 4.0 ctw. I wear it with my 3-stone ring. It is very comfortable. However, my DH purchased this ring as a shared-prong eternity and I had to have the prongs redone within 2 weeks of receiving it as 5 stones came loose. It's been 3 months since then and I've had 2 stones loosen again. My ring is currently in being completely made over to a setting with 4 claws per stone. Just wondering.......has anyone else with a shared prong eternity had problems with loose stones?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farleysmom|1296996734|2844705 said:
I have a full eternity band that I wear daily that is 4.0 ctw. I wear it with my 3-stone ring. It is very comfortable. However, my DH purchased this ring as a shared-prong eternity and I had to have the prongs redone within 2 weeks of receiving it as 5 stones came loose. It's been 3 months since then and I've had 2 stones loosen again. My ring is currently in being completely made over to a setting with 4 claws per stone. Just wondering.......has anyone else with a shared prong eternity had problems with loose stones?

I've worn a shared prong eternity daily for the past 3 years and it still looks the way it did on day 1. I take off my rings off as soon as I get home though and my job consists mostly of typing. Maybe it was a bad batch of metal?

Looking forward to seeing the pics though. I'm thinking of upgrading my baby eternity and need some inspiration.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have no idea how to find my old pictures on this new "sytem"--my searches apparently lead no where!

cheers--Sharon

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
canuk-gal|1297027201|2845040 said:
HI:

I have no idea how to find my old pictures on this new "sytem"--my searches apparently lead no where!

cheers--Sharon

Me, too. However, I have posted mine on here many times. It is 4.85, no prongs. It is not quite a size 6, so, 15 stones at one third carat each. I have worn it every day for over 12 years, and I still love it.

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
I don't consider mine gigantic. I consider LALove's eternity ring gigantic!

Anyway, here it is ~ I wear it on my ring finger for everyday wear and it's also my RHR when I have my e-ring/w-band on. I love it, very comfy, it took about 2 weeks to get use to the thickness.

17 stones
23 pointers
u-prong set in 18K white gold

uternity.jpg

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Canuk-gal here's a photo of your jaw dropping stunner! :love:
Here's the link:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ive-been-holding-out-asscher-eternity-and-earrings.62049/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ive-been-holding-out-asscher-eternity-and-earrings.62049/[/URL]

(ps to search on PS I go to Google now- here's what I put in: "site:pricescope.com canuk-gal eternity band")

Pink Tower- I couldn't find a thread with yours using Google but I found a thread where you posted a STUNNING ruby cushion halo and there's a pic of your gorgeous eternity in that thread- I really like how it's set!! :love:
Here's the link:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ruby-cushion.118917/#post-2060359#p2060359']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ruby-cushion.118917/#post-2060359#p2060359[/URL]

Lastly here's a pic of my 5.6 RB shared prong (14 40 pointers).
Link: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-5-6-carat-id-jewelry-eternity-band.151728/page-3']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-5-6-carat-id-jewelry-eternity-band.151728/page-3[/URL]

IMG_4678-3.jpg

Pink Tower yuuummmyyy RB eternity.JPG

canuk-gal ginormous asscher eternity.JPG

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster|1297025363|2844997 said:

I've worn a shared prong eternity daily for the past 3 years and it still looks the way it did on day 1. I take off my rings off as soon as I get home though and my job consists mostly of typing. Maybe it was a bad batch of metal?

Looking forward to seeing the pics though. I'm thinking of upgrading my baby eternity and need some inspiration.

Too funny- this is almost exactly what I was going to reply! I have a shared prong and wear it every day but take it off when I get home and my job is basically using a computer all day so I don't really put any "strain" on the band. I've had no problems so far but I just got it maybe 3 months ago?

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
LGK|1296984817|2844674 said:

Those of you with larger eternity bands, are they comfy to wear? I've never tried a larger one on, and they always look like they might feel bulky. Do they? Or do you just get totally used to it? Thanks!

I have a closed basket setting that sits semi low -- there's maybe about .5-1 mm space between the bottom of the diamond and my finger. I wouldn't say it's "uncomfortable" to wear, but it's not really "comfy" either you know? LOL Kind of like a good bra (sorry this is the only analogy I could think of!) -- it's not uncomfy to wear a good, well made bra but it's not really comfy either. Rings I find comfy are ones where I can't really tell I'm wearing them like my plain 2mm wedding band.

Anyways, I tried on a regular stock closed basket setting and it sat up WAY too high (6-7+mm) and was really bothersome to wear. Then I tried on a closed basket setting that was made super low (less than a grain of sand worth of space between the diamond and my finger!) and this one felt the best because I couldn't really tell it was on- it wasn't jabbing my other fingers. However, it didn't look right on my hand. Made my finger look chubby. :blackeye: So, I had mine made in between and I did get used to the feeling of wearing it within a few days. (But I do take off all rings the second I get home because that's the most comfortable to me.)

Basically it all depends on the setting. I hear U prong settings are good in the comfort department (they sit loooow).

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
baby monster|1297025363|2844997 said:

ditto this. I wear mine daily but take it off when I get home. I've been wearing it for 2 yrs now and (knock on wood) it's still in great condition. (mine is set in WG)

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
LALove|1297045306|2845267 said:
LGK|1296984817|2844674 said:

I have a closed basket setting that sits semi low -- there's maybe about .5-1 mm space between the bottom of the diamond and my finger. I wouldn't say it's "uncomfortable" to wear, but it's not really "comfy" either you know? LOL Kind of like a good bra (sorry this is the only analogy I could think of!) -- it's not uncomfy to wear a good, well made bra but it's not really comfy either. Rings I find comfy are ones where I can't really tell I'm wearing them like my plain 2mm wedding band.

Anyways, I tried on a regular stock closed basket setting and it sat up WAY too high (6-7+mm) and was really bothersome to wear. Then I tried on a closed basket setting that was made super low (less than a grain of sand worth of space between the diamond and my finger!) and this one felt the best because I couldn't really tell it was on- it wasn't jabbing my other fingers. However, it didn't look right on my hand. Made my finger look chubby. :blackeye: So, I had mine made in between and I did get used to the feeling of wearing it within a few days. (But I do take off all rings the second I get home because that's the most comfortable to me.)

Basically it all depends on the setting. I hear U prong settings are good in the comfort department (they sit loooow).

LaLove can we see yours again? Pretty please :))

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Thankyou it is SO gorgeous I am going to email ID about it if you don't mind? I am in Australia so it will be something of a long distance transaction! Would they remember yours if I ask? Hope thats ok... :)

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
MizNina|1297113431|2845841 said:
Thankyou it is SO gorgeous I am going to email ID about it if you don't mind? I am in Australia so it will be something of a long distance transaction! Would they remember yours if I ask? Hope thats ok... :)

Thanks :) Yes I'm sure they will- Yekutiel or Luann. Just tell them you like the eternity with 40 pointers owned by the customer who is overly picky and a BIG pain in the bum! They'll know it's me right away! LOL

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Too funny :tongue: I am a bit of a Pain in the bum too so I understand! I am currently reading through and enjoying your original thread whilst my littlies are playing...

kimber418

Shiny_Rock
Hi Circe,

Thanks for starting this thread! I love looking at eternity rings. It is because of LaLove's eternity ring from ID that I have mine! I really
think you need to working something out with Yekutiel for referrals La! Just Kidding! Anyway, thank you to Lalove for enabling me
to find the eternity ring I have been thinking about for years!!!

I am very picky about the way rings feel on my fingers. Comfort first! Hah Hah! Well, this ring is very lightweight for a substantial
size ring. I can hardly feel it while it is on.....I cannot wear it on my right hand for some reason which is not big deal. I never wear my engagement ring with it as they do not look good together. I sometimes stack it with other smaller eternity rings and it looks awesome.

MizNina, I also worked with Luann and Yekutiel and they were great. I recently had them make a pair of diamond studs for my mom in Chicago and they took care of everything including shipping to her. I can't say enough about them. They listen and remember! Good
luck!

Here are photos of mine!

IMG_6587.JPG

IMG_6697.JPG

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
kimber418|1297116808|2845906 said:
Hi Circe,

Thanks for starting this thread! I love looking at eternity rings. It is because of LaLove's eternity ring from ID that I have mine! I really think you need to working something out with Yekutiel for referrals La! Just Kidding! Anyway, thank you to Lalove for enabling me
to find the eternity ring I have been thinking about for years!!!

quote]

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: I think (hope) my referals just balance out my pain-in-the-bumness that Yekutiel has had to deal with. ;))

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
I am loving the big eternities! My definition of BIG eternity is anything over 2 carats - so yummy! Even a carat eternity can look big on a small hand. :love: But then LALove had to go and post her Gigantic Eternity and I had to have one, too! I converted my GIA triple ex 5-stone into an eternity and am so glad I did! I have to create a post to show off another of ID Jewelry's lovelies! Thanks to Yekutiel, he found me the best stones to match and I couldn't be happier.

I have to ask because I have mommy brain with a newborn (hellooooo sleep deprivation!!!), but it's 5-something carats. It's the most comfortable ring I own, aside from my e-ring. The only thing is, since giving birth a couple weeks ago - it doesn't fit as loosely as I'd like. How come fingers get puffier AFTER having a baby? I thought it would be during pregnancy that fingers swell! Grrr. Anyway, I wear it 24/7 and am in love with every aspect about it! So sorry about the cruddy camera phone pics - DH got a new DSLR for the baby that he insists I use from now on... And I have NO idea how to use it! I feel like he hid my trusty digital camera to force me to learn how to use he DSLR... It's not working! Hahaha.

EternityYay2.jpg

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Bliss|1297186578|2846663 said:
I am loving the big eternities! My definition of BIG eternity is anything over 2 carats - so yummy! Even a carat eternity can look big on a small hand. :love: But then LALove had to go and post her Gigantic Eternity and I had to have one, too! I converted my GIA triple ex 5-stone into an eternity and am so glad I did! I have to create a post to show off another of ID Jewelry's lovelies! Thanks to Yekutiel, he found me the best stones to match and I couldn't be happier.

I have to ask because I have mommy brain with a newborn (hellooooo sleep deprivation!!!), but it's 5-something carats. It's the most comfortable ring I own, aside from my e-ring. The only thing is, since giving birth a couple weeks ago - it doesn't fit as loosely as I'd like. How come fingers get puffier AFTER having a baby? I thought it would be during pregnancy that fingers swell! Grrr. Anyway, I wear it 24/7 and am in love with every aspect about it! So sorry about the cruddy camera phone pics - DH got a new DSLR for the baby that he insists I use from now on... And I have NO idea how to use it! I feel like he hid my trusty digital camera to force me to learn how to use he DSLR... It's not working! Hahaha.
Bliss 1st- CONGRATULATIONS on your new baby!!!! :appl: :bigsmile:

2nd- that ring is STUNNING!!!!! You need to figure out how to use that new camera and post 500 more pics!!!! :love:
Did you go with a super low closed basket setting like your 5 stone or a U-ternity?

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, LALove! You singlehandedly started the trend of mondo eternities on PS! Kimber and I have you to thank for the idea - yours was just too gorgeous to leave to our imaginations. I knew I had to have one, too! :love: I got a low custom shared prong setting. I initially asked for the higher setting because it just popped more but Yekutiel convinced me that it would bother me and scratch the baby. He was SO right because now I see how it would have scratched the bebe! (He is always right, darn it!) :naughty: I think I e-mailed poor Yekutiel (who is The Best!) every day asking when it would be ready, too. I am sure I was annoying with my constant, "Is it there yet?" Ha! ID Jewelry is so awesome and amazing!!!!!!!!! Wouldn't it be so cool to have all three of our eternities in one photo shoot? Or on one finger? LOL... I had better not get any more ideas!

Your ring is spectacular!!!!! I almost like looking at your photos more than I do at my own ring! You have lovely hands and it just looks so huge and sparkly on your finger! Congrats to you on your beautiful angel, too! You must be in love with both. I know it makes those 3am feedings a lot more fun - I like to glance down on it in super dim lighting from time to time when the baby insists on nursing for 45 min!!! It helps the time go by faster and keeps mama from falling asleep. :love:

All you ladies with the big eternities - love love love them! I'm so glad I changed my 5-stone to an eternity. I always thought it was a waste to have those big diamonds on the underside of the hand but it's sooo worth it. It just feels more luxurious and you can totally see it from all angles when using your hands in every day life. I used to hate how my 5-stone would sometimes shift and show a little bit of metal. It looks totally different somehow when it goes all the way around. Somehow I think the eternity has a lot more presence than my old 5-stone - maybe because in real life we don't keep our fingers closed tightly all the time? I love seeing the unbroken circle of bling! And the stones look a lot bigger when they go all the way around.

LALove, please don't go getting new ideas because I'm starting to think that whatever you buy, I'm going to HAVE to have!!! :appl:

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Hehehehe. I think the next victim to fall under LALove's big eternity spell will be... CIRCE!!!!!!!!!!
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Call Yekutiel! You won't regret it. The level of enjoyment and satisfaction I get from this ring is priceless! It's one of my top 3 bling purchases hands down in terms of how much I love it. You'll wear it everywhere and probably end up saving money in the long run because it satisfies - like Snickers! It REALLY satisfies your bling hunger! LOL... I honestly have been browsing for months because DH wants to get me a push present but I can't think of one thing I want now. Hubba hubba!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
BLISS! Congratulations on the bebe, lady!!!! I hope all is well, and when you get a chance (because we know you have tons of time on your hands, lol), we need like a GAZILLION more pics of your new e-band!!! WOW, that thing is STUNNING!!!! :love: :love:

tigian

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on your new baby, Bliss! How are you feeling? I know you are super busy being a new mom, but puh-lease, let us see more pics of your new band. Did you say you couldn't think of anything you wanted for a push-present? Nonsense, I'm sure Yekutiel has many, many suggestions. :naughty:

MizNina

Shiny_Rock
Darn it gals now I really want one!!! I have emailed ID and asked for a quote! A question for LALove, Kimber & Bliss (congrats on your bundle of joy too), Do any of you wear yours on your right hand? I'm worried I'm going to get it and forsake my ering and wband because I much prefer my left hand!

Bliss did you go for the inbetween profile as LaLove did or did you go the low?

Ladies thank you I have loved reading about you r beautiful rings :D

MORE PHOTOS FROM YOU ALL PLEASE!!! 8-)

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
MizNina|1297222098|2847231 said:
Darn it gals now I really want one!!! I have emailed ID and asked for a quote! A question for LALove, Kimber & Bliss (congrats on your bundle of joy too), Do any of you wear yours on your right hand? I'm worried I'm going to get it and forsake my engagement ring and wband because I much prefer my left hand!

Bliss did you go for the inbetween profile as LaLove did or did you go the low?

Ladies thank you I have loved reading about you r beautiful rings :D

MORE PHOTOS FROM YOU ALL PLEASE!!! 8-)
I wear mine on my left when I dont feel like wearing my ering. I don't like wearing right hand rings only because I'm not used to feeling a ring on that finger so it feels weird to me. I know a lot of PSers wear eternity bands on their right hand though - no reason why you couldn't. ::)

I think Bliss went low low low since it was more comfy and she was worried about scratching her precious babe. I've never scratched my DS with my ring though I do take it off when I get home. If you're all about comfort I'd go low. But I gave up the extra comfort because the band a bit higher just looked better on my short semi chubby finger. Bliss was blessed with long slim fingers- I wasn't. :|

I just spoke to Yekutiel today re the "Great Upgrade Search" he's doing for me. :) He mentioned that you emailed him- you must've done what I told you to do LOL!!!!!! I can picture him reading your email and thinking, "Ah yes- I know just the girl and ring she's referring to!!!" lol :lol: I know you'll love the band- I've received so many compliments it's crazy!

Oh and here's some helpful info re the cut quality of the stones he chooses for the bands: I had a chance to play with my sisters new 2 carat AGS Ideal cut H&A RB and I compared it to the stones in my band and was SHOCKED. my diamonds so held their own in terms of flashes of color coming off the stone/fire/brilliance! The difference was negligible IMO. I was really shocked. I so expected her stone to be way more sparkly than mine.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results