shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your BIG eternity band ....

stci

Ideal_Rock
I love love big eternity alone. Not with another ring. Too much blingy for me!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
My rings don't spin (small bones, lots of squish) so my rings are all half eternity. But my band definitely outweighs my center stone... can I play?

This band can be made full eternity and Verragio has one that is similar to it in full eternity (just with a very different profile)

2.4 carats 1/2 eternity Aurora. BGD signature melee .33 pointers for the large stones 10 pointers for the smaller stones. 10 pointers are F/G VS.

file.jpg

file.jpg

file.jpg

LALove

Brilliant_Rock
Gypsy I absolutely love your band!!!! :love: :love: I even love the underside with the delicate millgrain! :love: It's such a classy and blingy ring. :appl:

I have a Q if you don't mind. I was talking to Denise about their bead set eternities and specifically wanted to know if you could see arrows (not if they're technically H&A- just are arrows visible from the top). She said their sig melee is cut the same as their other stones so I'm assuming you can see arrows?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh, my stars and garters - how much do I LOVE all the rings you guys are posting? I can't even pick a favorite! OCMom, LALove, Kimber, Bliss, Gypsy - you're wearing such classic beauties. (BTW, Kimber - your e-ring! I don't think I'd ever seen that piece'o'gorgeous before ....) I adore them all. They all look enormous and elegant.

They're just all so ... luxe! Bliss (hey, congrats!!!) really pegs it with the description of loving the gleam from all angles. I collect eternities for just that reason. I wish I had fingers like Gypsy's, but my rings spin non-stop, so if I take the plunge, I know it's going to be straight into the deep end. Canuk-Girl's asscher band has me wondering if ID does asscher bands .... :rodent:

(Somewhere out there, my husband felt a chill run down his spine.)

Actually, that's what I'm wondering - when you picked, did you pick your stone shape because you just love it? To match the e-ring, even if you don't wear them together? Does the fact of rounds looking bigger translate even into the eternities? Basic physics dictates that it must, but settings can make such a difference with bands ... if anybody's got contrasting shape, similar carat weight photos from, say, a GTG (or a really well-outfitted jewel box), I'd love to see those, too ....

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Dani, thank you!!!! I am going to make it my mission to learn how to use the DSLR this weekend!!! I know they're supposed to be better, but I really think my point and shoot Sony digital camera was better. Harumph! LOL...we'll see how I do! With the bebe hanging off my bbs all day, it's hard to capture any arrows!

Tigian! You knooooow you want to call Yekutiel! :naughty: You're like my bling sister! I honestly spent 2 hours at ID Jewelry the last time I was there trying on all sorts of bling...nothing sang to me! Isn't that shocking? I can't think of a single thing I want for a push present! I feel like getting another item will put one of my favorite pieces out to pasture. I can't wait for my little girl to grow up so I can start giving her pieces to mark special milestones in her life. :love:

MizNina, awesome name!!!! Ahhh, I initially wanted the higher profile setting despite how it stuck out a little because it popped more! But Yekutiel, always the logical wise one, convinced me that I would regret it down the road. And he's right. Now that I have this ring, I wear it all the time. When I am at home or putzing around, I wear it on my left hand in lieu of a wedding set. When I go out, I wear my e-ring on my left hand and the eternity on my right. I really really like wearing it as a RHR!!!! Now my right hand feels naked without a ring on it... And I really really like the fact that if I'm going to a place where flashy bling isn't appropriate, I can just wear this band and have a simple classic look.

Circe!!!! You are sooooooo getting one, aren't you? :naughty: I go for rounds each time because I love the size and sparkle. My friend has an asscher eternity that is around the same carat weight and while it is gorgeous, it does look a lot smaller in terms of tcw. But still, LOVELY! And I agree with you about eternities vs half eternities! My mom saw my 5-stone when I got it and her response was, "Meh. It's OK." :shock: I was hoping to get her a matching 5-stone as a gift but she just didn't like it. But when she saw my eternity, she went, "WOW!!!! Did you get a new ring??! It's so beautiful!!!" That's what a big difference it made!

You can just see how it goes all the way around and it stands out more somehow like a bigger ring in terms of overall effect. Plus, it just looks more substantial in terms of bling. My 5-stone didn't spin, but I got to disliking *any* of the metal band creeping out and showing. It was like VPL - visible panty line! :rodent: Eeek! Also, if I wanted to stack it with my other rings, which are all eternities, the 5-stone would spin...very annoying! IRL, I don't keep my fingers closed so at certain angles you could see the diamonds only covered the top and I didn't like that. LALove's ring changed everything in terms of my prior beliefs - that I didn't want to waste stones at the bottom, that bigger stones all around would be uncomfortable & etc. It all went out the window! I really love seeing big blingy diamonds in the palm of my hand! You think they'd be wasted and unseen, but you actually DO see them a lot as you use your hands in daily life. It's pretty striking and quite a treat! Great idea, LALove!!!! You have excellent taste!!!! :appl: Circe, you're next!!!!! :naughty:

Gypsy!!!!!! I love the design of your Aurora ring! Gorgeous! :love:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread Circe!

Ladies, I am drooling over your eternities!!!!

Bliss, we totally need more pics! Are your stones the same size as LA's? I can't remember what size stones you used in your 5 stone? Did you end up mixing GIA and uncerted diamonds for the eternity or did you get all GIA stones?

That asscher band is amazing!!!

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
OMG These are all DROOLWORTHY! :love: :love:

These make me long for some substantial bling to keep my little 2.2wband company :Up_to_something:

Kimber, you mentioned you stack your big eternity with smaller rings - would you mind posting a photo of that when you get a chance? Does anyone else stack smaller bands with the Big Eternity?

Keep the pix coming! (Circe, can't wait to see one from you eventually - I hope!)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my eternity with small stackers on each side. These gaps look big in the very magnified pic, but they are not noticeable in real life.

Attachments

• eternitystacked2.bmp
    896.3 KB · Views: 3,819

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Farther out. Please forgive my sausage fingers...

eternitystacked1.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is one of mine: graduated marquise from the late 1920'S:

solange7.jpg

Love Street

Shiny_Rock
Great pix!

DeeJay thank you for taking the time to post those stacking pix - I love the look! (And no, there are no sausage fingers!) It's super blingy, but there's always something so classic and "married" about just bands on the left hand. It's nice to be able to mix it up!

fifthutopia

Rough_Rock
I know this thread is a couple months old, but Dee Jay, this is such a beautiful example of how to wear eternity rings. I wanted to ask what the band width is on each of the 2 eternity bands that are sandwiching the larger eternity ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LALove|1297254872|2847485 said:
Gypsy I absolutely love your band!!!! :love: :love: I even love the underside with the delicate millgrain! :love: It's such a classy and blingy ring. :appl:

I have a Q if you don't mind. I was talking to Denise about their bead set eternities and specifically wanted to know if you could see arrows (not if they're technically H&A- just are arrows visible from the top). She said their sig melee is cut the same as their other stones so I'm assuming you can see arrows?

Thank you honey! I love the millgrain too.

Yes I can definitely see the arrows.

Thank you guys for letting me play. I have to be honest, if I could have afforded it, I would have gone iwth 50 pointers on the big stones and 15 pointers on the smaller stones. But this size is blingy and comfortable.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another one of my graduated marquise band from the 1920's:

greenorchmarquises2.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I am loving all of these big beautiful bands!!!

victoriouslegion

Rough_Rock

Tbrown16

Rough_Rock
Just wondering the total carat weight of your Eternity ring. I'm in the market for one, and not sure if we I should go for the 3 or 4 carat band.

Tbrown16

Rough_Rock
Bliss|1297186578|2846663 said:
I am loving the big eternities! My definition of BIG eternity is anything over 2 carats - so yummy! Even a carat eternity can look big on a small hand. :love: But then LALove had to go and post her Gigantic Eternity and I had to have one, too! I converted my GIA triple ex 5-stone into an eternity and am so glad I did! I have to create a post to show off another of ID Jewelry's lovelies! Thanks to Yekutiel, he found me the best stones to match and I couldn't be happier.

I have to ask because I have mommy brain with a newborn (hellooooo sleep deprivation!!!), but it's 5-something carats. It's the most comfortable ring I own, aside from my e-ring. The only thing is, since giving birth a couple weeks ago - it doesn't fit as loosely as I'd like. How come fingers get puffier AFTER having a baby? I thought it would be during pregnancy that fingers swell! Grrr. Anyway, I wear it 24/7 and am in love with every aspect about it! So sorry about the cruddy camera phone pics - DH got a new DSLR for the baby that he insists I use from now on... And I have NO idea how to use it! I feel like he hid my trusty digital camera to force me to learn how to use he DSLR... It's not working! Hahaha.

Would love to know whats the total carat weight is?

MuffDog

Shiny_Rock
I stalked this thread while I was dreaming about my one day eternity band, and I finally have one to share!

4.96 tcw (30 pointers, G/H colour, VS clarity, white gold custom basket setting by ERD).

10130936856_0c20383d9c_1.jpg

10130970903_043761ba7a_0.jpg

10130654715_ce16ed4945_0.jpg

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Well since we are resurrecting threads here is mine!

4.31ct in 4k WG by Jbeg

img_2215.jpg

img_2216.jpg

jbl

Rough_Rock
I've been stalking this site FOREVER, but this is my first post. I've been doing my research on eternity bands for what seems like ages (it's what I want for my engagement ring). I even have a spreadsheet with jewelers, specs and prices for my boyfriend to make it easy on him (and I'm a nerd that way). I've got it narrowed down to a 3.75 or a 4.5 u-prong, white gold band. Size 5.75 finger.

There haven't been any updates to this post in quite a while. So what I want to know, now that it's been a few years, is there anything you would do different with your eternity bands? Size, material, quality?? Have you had any issues with diamonds falling out? Is it comfortable? Anything you think I should know before we pull the trigger?

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
I still love both my "big" ones, and would only make them bigger!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Jbl :wavey:
Other than the stones, I think the most important thing is the setting. Make sure the stones are set really low, as this will make it comfortable. I too have at 5.75 finger and chose a 25 pointer full eternity(3.76 tcw) but to save on cost I chose SI clarity stones. A month or so ago I thought I had chipped a diamond but it was just down to the clarity of the stones used. Maybe I should have picked VS clarity, or maybe I just need to chill out about the ring. :wink2:
Oh, congratulations on your upcoming engagement

jbl

Rough_Rock
I've talked to several jewelers (even high-end ones in my hometown that I thought would have pushed a better quality) and all of them had said to use a SI. Does anyone thing VS makes huge a difference?

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Jbl, welcome to PS, I posted my first post about an eternity too! Yes, absolutely VS will make a difference over SI. However, I've read here that some stones are graded SI, but you can't see the inclusion. In other cases, an included stone will show the inclusion & affect the visual aspect in varying degrees. For my own preference, I wanted VS stones.

I too, had shopped all over town! I just think if you want sparkle, cut is King, & clarity is pretty darn important as well, that's why I ended up purchasing from a PS vender. And am so glad I did. It was a leap of faith, but the collective experience here with the different PS venders gave me the confidence to do so. Also, think about your budget--you can only spend it once!

Rubies: now that's a HUGE eternity! WOW!! :wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rubies-R-Me|1411571228|3756314 said:
Gee.. I'm so glad that you resurrected this old thread! :appl:
Here is mine.. .80 carat/stone emerald cuts, 14 stones, 11.2 carats tw, size 4.25.
Thanks for sharing! :wavey:

Rubies, this is awe inspiring. Wow. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I wore one of those... :shifty:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi sarahb and LLJsmom! :wavey:
Thanks for the sweet compliments! :D

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Rubies ... WOW! That is a LOT of ring! I love it. It looks smashingly elegant on your hand!

I just realized ... I may have started this thread, but I don't think I ever contributed to it! My band is nowhere near the size of some of these lovelies, but since it does outweigh the solitaire it goes with ....

2.5 transitional, J/K w. 2.87 french-cut channel-set eternity, F-G

ps_lightbox_3.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results