shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby Cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,
Here is a photo of my ruby from Madagascar before it was set, i2.65 carats. We picked it up from our jeweler today, and took some photos of it this evening. I will try to post a couple of them next. This is to celebrate our 29th wedding anniversary next month. I guess I should have waited until the 30th, but once the stone was decided upon, I just could not wait that long!
I am very happy with how it turned out.

ruby post.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How nice!! Congrats on your anniversary. Do you have any ideas of how you''re going to set it?

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
And... Here is a hand shot! It is set in platinum, and the diamonds are 1/2 pointers. It is hard to see, but there are tiny double prongs. The ring is very comfortable; the band is rounded on the bottom.

ruby top post.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/29/2009 10:40:08 PM
Author: Pink Tower
And... Here is a hand shot! It is set in platinum, and the diamonds are 1/2 pointers. It is hard to see, but there are tiny double prongs. The ring is very comfortable; the band is rounded on the bottom.
Oh, I see you set it already. It''s beautiful!!! Enjoy and wear it in good health. What a great anniversary present!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Another picture. Very humbling to see my hands magnified this way....Ugh.

ruby 2nd pix.JPG

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE LOVE LOVE the stone, and I don''t even like red. Beautiful.
9.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
From the side.

ruby side.JPG

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is with my hand at my side, with my eternity band. It was so nice to find that they snuggle together very well, much better than my diamond engagement ring does. Ruby was my father''s birthstone, it is also my dear father in law''s birthstone, and my only daughter''s birthstone, so that makes it especially dear to me.

ruby hand at side.JPG

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
That is the nicest ruby ring I''ve seen in a long time. Most are very small, or have small stones pieced together, but yours is one substantial, gorgeous stone. I love the delicate halo, and the gallery is really beautiful - looks like a very high-end piece. Congratulations on 29 years, and I''m glad you didn''t wait until 30!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love the ruby, love the ring. love everything about the ring!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Happy anniversary! Your ruby ring is just gorgeous. Would love to see more shots of it with your eternity band.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Your ruby ring is gorgeous. I also love that color red. Love the design of your ring too. Please don''t worry about your hands, your ring looks beautiful on you. A Very Happy Anniversary.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you to all! This is such a fun place. Dia Diva, here is one more I uploaded, just for you with the eternity band. I have worn it everyday for thirteen years, 24/7. These were not as popular back when I got mine, and were built like a Sherman Tank! This one is 4.85 carats, fifteen stones of about 1/3 each, VS, F/G, handcrafted. There is a ring like this on the Pearlman website, and the description says something to the effect that ''you can take a hammer to it.'' TThey were called Gem-Lock bands; I think that may have been an actual company, and I do not know if it is still in business.

ruby eternity.JPG

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ruby, and I love how thin and delicate the setting is.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring PT..very feminine..

Moh 10

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!
Yummie color! Drool.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Yum! Love it!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Nice red! You don''t see nice rubies around here very often - go figure considering the prices. Anyway, enjoy it!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the nice remarks. I really enjoy showing stones here, but I enjoy seeing your stones so much more. No one I know locally has an interest (beyond cursory!) in this sort of thing. Even my family cannot understand how I can find reading this type of material interesting.

My major was archaeology; I have just always been this way!

Mr. ma re, if you don''t mind me asking, I gather you do not live in the United States, is that right?

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
Pink, I LOVE
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
your ring!!! The ruby is simply stunning, and the setting looks so delicate and elegant. And, it looks FANTASTIC on your hand!
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary and enjoy this gorgeous ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! That is such a lovely stone and it is in a great setting. One of the most stunning stones I''ve seen in a long time. Just beautiful.
30.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow - gorgeous stone! The setting is wonderfully delicate too!

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Thank god for the internet, PT. With your love of stones and no one around to share it with then you would be hardpressed to find someone or someplace to.....

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, where did you find your ruby?

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks all!
Am Guy, if I ever take you up on the offer to go mining, what should I do with my ring? Ha.

Have rubies been found in Georgia? Something I saw offered on the internet made me wonder.

Ruby, I have to say, when the opportunity arose to get this stone, I thought of you and your ruby. Seeing your project come together helped me know I would not regret wanting such an ''odd bird.'' I was so excited for you. It really is hard to find ''the ruby'' though, as you know. My vendor said he was just in the right place at the right time, and I was too. Sure, if you are either able to, or wish to pay what a fine ruby costs, they can be had. But for the regular consumers, like me, the chance of finding a ruby is slim indeed. Your ruby is the perfect example of that nearly impossible to find stone. What color is yours? Mine is the most intense red I can imagine. I used to have a lovely wallpaper with a color in it called Crimson, and that is the only word I can think of. Mine is not the most prized color, the one they call Pigeon''s Blood, I don''t believe. Of course, I would not know, because I have only seen that color on a computer or in a book. I find so far that I prefer to look at the stone at night, which is completely opposite of what I am used to with colored stones.
And, I love your name and your avatar! I smile when I see them.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Autumngem,
A dealer found the ruby for me; he said it was from Madagascar and lab the testing confirmed that. I am not sure which mine, but the dealer is going to ask the salesman next time he encounters him and said he would let me know. I believe he told me he thought name of the mine started with a V, but he is out of the country now and I cannot recall. Probably some of the experts on here can tell us.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Pink Tower. That is one significant eternity band!
9.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
oh yea up at lake chatuga in N. georgia we go collecting for pink and red rubies on the lake shore..there was an old ruby mine that is now covered with water from daming the river and during winter when the water is low you can find some very awesome ruby crystals on the lake shore..none facetgrade bit some gemmy ones and some nice big hex ruby crystals. Lots of places up in N.C. we hit up too. Like cowee valley where they say the only other "pigeon blood" rubies are found other than Mogok stones...that is what "they say" but I am not sure how true that is..there are more runy and sapphire(corundum) locations in GA and especially NC than you can shake a stick at. Next vacation time you get why not go gem hunting in N.C.? I have seen many facetgrade sapphires come from N.C.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah! Cheers to 29 years of happiness and what better way to celebrate that than with a ruby in such a delicate setting.
36.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Am Guy,
Did you spell that lake right? I am going to **** Chattooga on Sunday in North Ga., in the area of Tallulah Falls. Small world, huh? I will keep my eyes open for some Rubies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results