shape
carat
color
clarity

Ruby Cushion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
It''s lake chatuge in N. Georgia...towns county georgia and Clay county N.C. I have heard of chattooga river but not lake...keep your eyes open for corundum in the rivers up there...lots of sapphires and rubies all over

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 10:13:30 AM
Author: Pink Tower
Thank you for all the nice remarks. I really enjoy showing stones here, but I enjoy seeing your stones so much more. No one I know locally has an interest (beyond cursory!) in this sort of thing. Even my family cannot understand how I can find reading this type of material interesting.

My major was archaeology; I have just always been this way!

Mr. ma re, if you don''t mind me asking, I gather you do not live in the United States, is that right?
On the turquoise highlight; join the club
9.gif

On the yellow highlight; no, I''m not from the States, I''m from Croatia. You can find quite a lot of useless info on me in "Who''s who"
2.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s gorgeous :)

Hehe, I think the delicate ring is such an interesting contrast to the studier eternity band. Both are lovely!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s just gorgeous! Happy Anniversary and enjoy your new ring!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
WOW!! Absolutely gorgeous!!
30.gif
36.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
MakingTG, Yes, I like the changing it up look of having the thinner band with a wider one. I also do that with some other rings I have.

Lauren, hey! I wondered where you were on the topic of rubies. Does that surprise you? Well,
there was a poster a couple days back and your citrine ring just NEEDS to be shown there. Maybe you can do that. I love that ring. It is the ruby topic from last week.

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 12:11:11 PM
Thanks all!

Am Guy, if I ever take you up on the offer to go mining, what should I do with my ring? Ha.

Have rubies been found in Georgia? Something I saw offered on the internet made me wonder.

Ruby, I have to say, when the opportunity arose to get this stone, I thought of you and your ruby. Seeing your project come together helped me know I would not regret wanting such an ''odd bird.'' I was so excited for you. It really is hard to find ''the ruby'' though, as you know. My vendor said he was just in the right place at the right time, and I was too. Sure, if you are either able to, or wish to pay what a fine ruby costs, they can be had. But for the regular consumers, like me, the chance of finding a ruby is slim indeed. Your ruby is the perfect example of that nearly impossible to find stone. What color is yours? Mine is the most intense red I can imagine. I used to have a lovely wallpaper with a color in it called Crimson, and that is the only word I can think of. Mine is not the most prized color, the one they call Pigeon''s Blood, I don''t believe. Of course, I would not know, because I have only seen that color on a computer or in a book. I find so far that I prefer to look at the stone at night, which is completely opposite of what I am used to with colored stones.

And, I love your name and your avatar! I smile when I see them.

Awww, Pink, I’m both flattered
4.gif
and honored
5.gif
to know that my star ruby journey had a positive impact on your own project; and I’m glad you could find such a lovely stone to commemorate such a special occasion. I know exactly what you mean about being in the right place at the right time! My star ruby was also one of those deals
9.gif

As for the color, my star ruby is a “deep purplish red” (as described by Palagems). Under incandescent light or direct sunlight, it turns bright red with very little purple (to me, it looks like the color of a red rose). All of the star rubies I saw in person before choosing my stone were either purplish red or pinkish red. I don’t know whether the term “Pigeon’s Blood” applies to star rubies in the same way that it does to faceted rubies, since star rubies tend to have stronger pinkish and purplish undertones (at least, the stones I saw from Burma and Sri Lanka did). Anyway, since color is such a subjective thing, I think what’s really important is that you found a gorgeous ruby
30.gif
that is the perfect shade of red for you.

I hope you post more pictures!!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
What a way to celebrate. Such a special ring! Love the delicate setting..
30.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an absolutely gorgeous ring!! Happy anniversary.
36.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Michelle. Earlier this week, I finally saw the close photo you posted of your yellow. What a beauty. Is it comfortable?
I am so surprised that this one is comfortable, and more so than my smaller rings. Do you often wear the rings together like in your avatar?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring-congrats!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
It is absolutely beautiful, I would love one just like that too!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
simply splendid,
Thank you. I love your ruby; it is one of my favorite rings on the forum. I hope you take more pictures someday.

stepcut,
I saw your kites, are they antique?
Love them, they are so different.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Pink Tower, you are too kind.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Just stunning...Love it!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 12:17:50 PM
Autumngem,
A dealer found the ruby for me; he said it was from Madagascar and lab the testing confirmed that. I am not sure which mine, but the dealer is going to ask the salesman next time he encounters him and said he would let me know. I believe he told me he thought name of the mine started with a V, but he is out of the country now and I cannot recall. Probably some of the experts on here can tell us.
Sounds like the Vatomandry mine. What a pretty stone.

http://www.allaboutgemstones.com/gems_madagascar.html

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Richard,
Thank you for the clarification and the compliment. You will be seeing the stone up close shortly.

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
That''s just gorgeous!

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Beautiful! Which jeweler made your setting?

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
LamGirl,
I don''t know if we are allowed to post links to jewelers here. Are you in the Southeast? My local jeweler made the setting. He does his own work; nothing leaves his shop.
Pink

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is a beautiful ring
30.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
diamondringlover,
Thank you. (off topic:You have some good looking boys. I''ve a 23 year old and a 14 year old, so you have beaten even me with the age span!)

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Such a lovely color!!!!!!!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhhh my but that is one gorgeous ruby ring you have there! That setting is just perfect for it! Congratulations on your 29th anniversary too!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ruby ring, Pink! A gorgeous ruby ring is high on my wish list. Yours is a gorgeous red, and nicely sized, as it should be. It looks beautiful on you.

Please don''t apologize for your hands. Mine have seen 33 years of marriage now, and they look just the way they should. Hard working and well deserving of beautiful jewelry.

Congratulations on 29 wonderful years, and may you two enjoy 29 more!!!
36.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, Fly! That was well put. With your name, I am stunned that you are now married 33 years. Congratulations to you, too!

RubyCharm

Shiny_Rock
Just drooling over your yummy pics once more
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Ruby!
I am traveling right now. When I go home, I will check and see if I have a few more I can post.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results