shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your animal inspired bling

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 I adore that fish pin! May I ask where you found it? I wear pins and would love to find something like that!

You are going to laugh, but it was in a basket of costume jewelry in a thrift store. I paid $2.00! I guess no one noticed the 14k mark, except me.
It was my lucky day!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
You definitely can! It’s a toy from Schleich. Found him in a toy store and couldn’t resist how good he looks with bling on

Thanks so much. Loved the ring at first sight and it still gives me a lot of joy when I see it. Sentimental memories attached as my DH bought it for me during a vacation.

@Polabowla
Thanks for liking my rings!

I have a sloth from the same toy maker as another ring holder :lol:

You can find more pics of the peruvian blue opal on page 1 of this thread and the panda ring on page 3 and 4.

Browsed through the thread and I miss the good old days when people could travel and we had jewellery shows...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/7-new-rings-and-a-panda.250146/

Thanks for linking your other thread! Beautiful beautiful rings!

rungirl

Shiny_Rock
You are going to laugh, but it was in a basket of costume jewelry in a thrift store. I paid $2.00! I guess no one noticed the 14k mark, except me.
It was my lucky day!

I need an emoji of me fainting! What an incredible find, must have kept you smiling for a good long while!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Slightly off topic, but in the spirit of things...

Here's my all-time favorite JAR brooch -- its a leek! I recall it selling at Sotheby's awhile back for over a million dollars!

JAR Leek brooch 2.png

I swear to goodness, I can’t see anything leek related without immediately thinking about this scene from the movie “Cloudy with a chance of meatballs.”

64725F21-FA33-4E47-8A73-6C2AD684F0FA.gif

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the reminder to get more animal bling! I only have three serpents and a set with funny beings that are supposedly sea creatures.
The animal jewelry here is amazing! :love: FA2D7F77-5B5C-450A-9E79-5F73710D736B.jpeg 8E42D830-447A-44E0-A1AB-426695AED09E.jpeg 8381912A-5521-441E-8B3B-52710A726CB6.jpeg img_2174.jpg

I’m always surprised at how much I like snake rings considering how much I dislike snakes. Yours is fantastic and looks so good with your diamonds.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I was trying to think if I had any pieces that weren’t just costume jewelry to share and then remembered this charm my mom gave me from my great aunt’s collection. She figured I’d like it since my husband is from the east coast. Not the best picture but it’s a gold lobster trap, with tiny lobster inside. 4CB1C008-759D-433F-AD52-CF0D2A45268A.jpeg

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I was trying to think if I had any pieces that weren’t just costume jewelry to share and then remembered this charm my mom gave me from my great aunt’s collection. She figured I’d like it since my husband is from the east coast. Not the best picture but it’s a gold lobster trap, with tiny lobster inside. 4CB1C008-759D-433F-AD52-CF0D2A45268A.jpeg

That is so adorable.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thought it would be cute to collect all our critter bling in one spot!

I’m looking at you @Catmom though I’m sure others have animal or insect inspired pieces as well! Lets make a bling jungle!

7ABC3253-3041-46B4-B218-DC2BEBA3AADF.jpeg
@MakingTheGrade and others—I have not read this thread, so maybe someone already posted... but check this out!

1BCF295E-89C8-423E-A154-F85A2F135A32.png

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Had anyone seen the “Art of the Jewel” by Paula Crevoshay exhibit at the Natural History Museum in LA back in 2019? We were in Los Angeles and went to see it and her insects, butterflies and sea creatures were luminescent. Apparently she will have another exhibit in a Dallas as soon as COVID allows. So worth seeing she uses rare gems and creates such amazing pieces, especially if you enjoy “creatures”. And the lighting they use makes everything glow.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! I have this being delivered today.

@MakingTheGrade and others—I have not read this thread, so maybe someone already posted... but check this out!

1BCF295E-89C8-423E-A154-F85A2F135A32.png

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Had anyone seen the “Art of the Jewel” by Paula Crevoshay exhibit at the Natural History Museum in LA back in 2019? We were in Los Angeles and went to see it and her insects, butterflies and sea creatures were luminescent. Apparently she will have another exhibit in a Dallas as soon as COVID allows. So worth seeing she uses rare gems and creates such amazing pieces, especially if you enjoy “creatures”. And the lighting they use makes everything glow.

Let us know if she has an exhibit in Dallas, I'd definitely drive up to see it!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I thought I didn't have any but when I went to take a look in my jewelry box I found a few! So yay, I'll play!

First is my favorite, my 14k antique yellow gold and seed pearl fly ♥️
He was taken originally from a stick pin and made into the sweetest little necklace which lies just along the collarbone. I love him! He's fun to stack with my antique lockets!

Screenshot_20200927-145541.png

Second, since it looks like we are accepting mythical creatures which I LOVE is my Seagoat pendant which is the symbol for the astrological sign Capricorn. They have the upper body and horns of the devil's animal, the goat and the tail/lower half of a fish.

This purchase was so strange & coincidental because I had just gotten off of the phone telling my mother how I finally wanted a seagoat pendant & how I was admiring them lately and then a day or so later I had the itch to go to my local pawnshop & there he was in all of his glory! I think he was on sale for a great price, so I was a happy girl!

I stuck him on a necklace I made with multicolored seed pearls & a 14k white gold clasp & he's been my little companion ever since. He's also fun to wear on his own with a yg chain!

Screenshot_20200927-145729.png

Next is my goat ring, I think it's antique but it came from England & is 9k yg with an onyx intaligo of a goat that is well....highly endowed. Lol

I think of it as my Capricorn ring but I do wish I knew what those symbols or letters? were. If anybody recognizes them please do let me know!

Screenshot_20200927-145807.png

Time for my silver snakes!
This one is my ideal head shape & look for a snake! He has precious little garnet eyes and a purposeful patina. Im a little sad that he never gets any wear but I do admire him..

Here I was stacking him with two yg bands that I had, I thought the look was quite interesting.

Screenshot_20200927-145640.png
Screenshot_20200927-145655.png

My last piece is also silver and was given to me by my mother. He's a giant brooch and I never wear him but I don't think I could ever let him go!
I love all the stampings and little details that he has, you can tell that a silversmith put quite a lot of love into making him! ♥️

IMG_20200927_151538466.jpg

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I’m loving all your pieces!!!

I thought I didn't have any but when I went to take a look in my jewelry box I found a few! So yay, I'll play!

First is my favorite, my 14k antique yellow gold and seed pearl fly ♥
He was taken originally from a stick pin and made into the sweetest little necklace which lies just along the collarbone. I love him! He's fun to stack with my antique lockets!

Screenshot_20200927-145541.png

Second, since it looks like we are accepting mythical creatures which I LOVE is my Seagoat pendant which is the symbol for the astrological sign Capricorn. They have the upper body and horns of the devil's animal, the goat and the tail/lower half of a fish.

This purchase was so strange & coincidental because I had just gotten off of the phone telling my mother how I finally wanted a seagoat pendant & how I was admiring them lately and then a day or so later I had the itch to go to my local pawnshop & there he was in all of his glory! I think he was on sale for a great price, so I was a happy girl!

I stuck him on a necklace I made with multicolored seed pearls & a 14k white gold clasp & he's been my little companion ever since. He's also fun to wear on his own with a yg chain!

Screenshot_20200927-145729.png

Next is my goat ring, I think it's antique but it came from England & is 9k yg with an onyx intaligo of a goat that is well....highly endowed. Lol

I think of it as my Capricorn ring but I do wish I knew what those symbols or letters? were. If anybody recognizes them please do let me know!

Screenshot_20200927-145807.png

Time for my silver snakes!
This one is my ideal head shape & look for a snake! He has precious little garnet eyes and a purposeful patina. Im a little sad that he never gets any wear but I do admire him..

Here I was stacking him with two yg bands that I had, I thought the look was quite interesting.

Screenshot_20200927-145640.png
Screenshot_20200927-145655.png

My last piece is also silver and was given to me by my mother. He's a giant brooch and I never wear him but I don't think I could ever let him go!
I love all the stampings and little details that he has, you can tell that a silversmith put quite a lot of love into making him! ♥

IMG_20200927_151538466.jpg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I’m loving all your pieces!!!

Awww thank you!
This thread makes me want to collect some more Insect pieces and has inspired me to try to find my perfect snake ring!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my every day necklace, I rarely take it off - my little crabby with diamond eyes, a gift from my DH on my 50th bday, from Tiffany's. It goes on my charm bracelet as well, and I have other animals on that! I will post later this week:
IMG_2778.jpeg

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
Here is my every day necklace, I rarely take it off - my little crabby with diamond eyes, a gift from my DH on my 50th bday, from Tiffany's. It goes on my charm bracelet as well, and I have other animals on that! I will post later this week:
IMG_2778.jpeg

That's so cute! I have a crab pendant too. I'll see if I can get it out to post in this thread. (most of my jewelry is in a more secure location away currently)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
IMG_2778.jpeg

LOVE this! So cute!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Here are mine:

First up, my pups, two terriers.
(The brooch on the left has a nice sparkle IRL, but sadly not in this photo! :(sad)

dogs.jpg

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Second, my sterling silver stegosaur. My dad bought him for me when I had my tonsils removed in 5th grade.

Steg.jpg

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
This isn't exactly an animal. But I've always thought trees have souls, so to me they count as "creatures."

Here's my vintage Mikimoto Tree of Life brooch:

Miki Tree.jpg

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results