carat
color
clarity

Show me your “extra” look!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ac117!
Thanks for your sweet compliment. It was a fun search to find 2 matching ruby Schlumberger 16 stone rings. It's funny.. I couldn't wait to get them and I don't really wear them much at all. I guess that's how it goes.. it's the thrill of the hunt.
I did see that Tiffany started selling ruby jewelry again. This time around with rubies from Mozambique I think.. not Burma.
Here is a link about it.
http://www.afr.com/brand/luxury/bulgari-and-tiffany-embrace-the-power-of-red-gems-20170812-gxuz1z
Your new Tiffany stack sounds aweseome!!!
Please post a picture for all of us to enjoy.:love:
Thanks!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my! I just love this thread. Everyone's EXTRA is extra fabulous!
I loaded up 2 fingers worth and joined the fun. IMG_0716.jpg IMG_0717.jpg

Where you been, girl???:mrgreen2: Yummy rings!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon!! How are you? I LOVE your GORGEOUS new blue (sapphire? tanzanite?) ring!! And of course your fantastic eternity band too.. what a stack!
When did you get your blue ring? Do you have a thread on it? Please post the link.:love:
I have been around.. just doing more lurking than posting.
I know we are signed piece sistas!:wavey:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ac117!
Thanks for your sweet compliment. It was a fun search to find 2 matching ruby Schlumberger 16 stone rings. It's funny.. I couldn't wait to get them and I don't really wear them much at all. I guess that's how it goes.. it's the thrill of the hunt.
I did see that Tiffany started selling ruby jewelry again. This time around with rubies from Mozambique I think.. not Burma.
Here is a link about it.
http://www.afr.com/brand/luxury/bulgari-and-tiffany-embrace-the-power-of-red-gems-20170812-gxuz1z
Your new Tiffany stack sounds aweseome!!!
Please post a picture for all of us to enjoy.:love:
Thanks!

It's always the thrill of the hunt isn't it?!? :kiss2: You know, right after I posted, I took a stroll to the flagship store bc I'm not far (yes, dangerous, I know...) to try on the ruby version. I hadn't read about the rubies and specifically asked the SA where they were sourcing rubies from and he said BURMA. He was a younger guy and I even made it a point to ask 'oh really, so they could ethically source them from there now?' and he said yes. So clearly he did not know anything!!! Unfortunate....but, in addition to getting a chance to see the 16 stone ruby version, I also saw their brand new Schlumberger Lynn necklace with rubies that came out 2 days ago! I really liked it but I could definitely tell that the rubies don't have as much depth/richness to them as Burmese stones.
IMG_8441.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon!! How are you? I LOVE your GORGEOUS new blue (sapphire? tanzanite?) ring!! And of course your fantastic eternity band too.. what a stack!
When did you get your blue ring? Do you have a thread on it? Please post the link.:love:
I have been around.. just doing more lurking than posting.
I know we are signed piece sistas!:wavey:

Hello!!!!!!!!

No thread on that Cartier Sapphire ring. Got it in 2016, an estate purchase. It spent 8 weeks at the Cartier Spa (High Jewellery Dept in New York) for resizing and prong attention then it went into the bank. (2016 was a terrible! year for me...and I wore no jewellery for almost a year and a half....).

Nice to "see" you. Thanks for lurking!! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
68926CE6-5B68-4491-BBCE-5446BCD94714.jpeg 54E7BA1E-D1C6-431B-BE8F-B7839BE45934.jpeg I guess wearing the solitaire and the 5 stone on the same finger is a little too extra lol.

I usually wear the 5 stone in the middle finger of my right hand.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi again ac117!
Oh what an interesting story about Tiffany!
I'm so glad that you posted a pic of the new version of the ruby ring. I agree.. I have seen a few pieces in person and the red is not as deep and rich as the original Burmese stones.
I looked on the website but the new Lynn necklace isn't on there yet. I will keep looking as I'm anxious to see it.
I love your 16 stone classic and now my newest thing to search/covet is the platinum version with sapphires.;))
Thanks for sharing the Schlumberger smiles!

Helloooo Sharon!
Oh my.. your new sapphire Cartier is G O R G E O U S! How funny that it had to be in "rehab" for 2 months before you could wear it. You must have been so excited when it was finally ready!!!
I'm so so so sorry to hear that 2016 was a difficult year.. hope things are MUCH better now.:love:
You are actually on my mind when I get a new Tiffany/Cartier piece.. I always think that Sharon would appreciate this.:D
I really love your Cartier sapphire ring. I bid on a Tiffany sapphire (Princess Diana style) ring at Doyle auction house about 2 months ago and didn't bid high enough.. I'm still kicking myself over that. :angryfire:
Anywho.. it is so nice to "see" you again!

Makingthegrade.. love your twisty band at the top!!:love:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0623.JPG Whoops, I guess the other pic didn't link properly earlier! Here's the Lynn pendant with rubies :geek2:
Hi again ac117!
Oh what an interesting story about Tiffany!
I'm so glad that you posted a pic of the new version of the ruby ring. I agree.. I have seen a few pieces in person and the red is not as deep and rich as the original Burmese stones.
I looked on the website but the new Lynn necklace isn't on there yet. I will keep looking as I'm anxious to see it.
I love your 16 stone classic and now my newest thing to search/covet is the platinum version with sapphires.;))
Thanks for sharing the Schlumberger smiles!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@nala one word...Blingalicious.:kiss2:
Thanks Missy! Unfortunately I don’t own the eternity. Was playing with the look at a jeweler’s. lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy! Unfortunately I don’t own the eternity. Was playing with the look at a jeweler’s. lol.

Well there is definitely too much of a good thing. Playing with my bands this AM. Could never wear them this way but I could still bend my finger surprisingly.:lol:

bubbalahand5bands.jpg.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a look that is not my look but one I tried on yesterday. It's definitely an "extra" look in my book. HUGE. I think it is 6.5 carats but not completely sure. We tried on lots of diamonds yesterday hehe. It's a cape OMC.

capediamond.jpg.png
From Rick Shatz

and one more extra look...this necklace TDF gorgeous. IMO.

diamondnecklace.jpg.png
From Yekutiel at IDJ

:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehehe here was my "extra" look yesterday. SWOON!!! This ring was AMAZBLING. I took a still shot from the video I took. Wearing 2 big OECs never felt so sweet.:kiss2:

stillshotfromvideoanupvsbubbalah.jpg.png

Though this ring from jogani holds its own anywhere anytime.
F/SI
Delicious.

anupsring.jpg.png

anupsring.jpeg.png

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
Haha I love this topic @nala! @nala and @Staceyjan NICE!:love:
If it is OK here are my (OTT) looks!:lol: Only one of these rings are mine however and pardon all the photos but I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying sharing these with you.:appl:

beaand5.27k.jpg

How to dress up a little red nightgown? Why just add 2 big ole diamonds that's how.
516397BF-C368-4140-9965-F259907BB611.jpeg 7B8B1E6F-9451-4371-BC90-956C6C2C5FE5.jpeg

HRH Francesca approves. But she has a clear favorite and fortunately that's my favorite too. Of course like her momma she wants them ALL. ;-)
835CA7A1-FBF6-4A1C-BAD4-249C5CEA97C9.jpeg

Over 10 carats of OECs...the perfect carat weight don't you think?
AF2D55B6-17B9-46CA-8B75-9D0571409A51.jpeg

Just a little tiara when I visit Costco and such. You can never go wrong with a classic tiara if you kwim.
8DF3ED29-5CA3-47AB-A4A8-EDC2D6D5DFFB.jpeg

and I really think 3 big old cuts are the perfect number to wear on one finger. I mean talk about perfection times 3...
7D47FCA5-B667-474E-B658-67D859AB74C8.jpeg

Sorry my computer stopped letting me add photos so doing it from iPad so here goes nothing.:cheeky:

speechless

MrsKBP

Shiny_Rock
Love this thread. My daily carat patch! 6.33 carat center stone flanked by 2+ carats on my finger and 14 carats on my wrist.

Attachments

• 9F366EE2-287D-45CB-8A94-10A173047CD9.jpeg
    9F366EE2-287D-45CB-8A94-10A173047CD9.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 120
  • 62591885-9795-40E4-BC95-B3F824CDA729.jpeg
    62591885-9795-40E4-BC95-B3F824CDA729.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 7CF42EA0-8E32-467B-8066-D759547C783E.jpeg
    7CF42EA0-8E32-467B-8066-D759547C783E.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Count me in. I’ve never been to Walmart so tell me if there’s anything else I need to know. Tiaras-check. How about ruby shoes? Is that a yes or no for Walmart? I know it’s all the rage in Costco these days. :lol:
i went to walmart just to see what its like - it was in Canada - the clientele seemed a bit more restrained than what i had seen on the internet !

but anyway im tagging along !
i have a fake pearl chocker i wear up side down bandeau style across my forhead when im home alone, and someone unkindly told me once i had shoes like a transvestite so im sure i have a suitable pair

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I happened to see these photos from long ago the other day and thought to myself...wow, OTT! I seem to remember now I was just doing it as a pink photo op. LOL How nice that you started a thread for OTT : )

img_2694.jpg img_2713.jpg
i think you should wear that every day

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results