shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me the Most Beautiful Solitaire Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
By the way, indygal, where is your friend purchasing the stone? Does he want to get the setting from the same place? That might guide people''s responses.

If budget is a factor, I''ve always liked the stuller solstice with the swoopy head. Since it''s stuller I imagine it is well priced, but also has some "flair" to it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 12:05:18 PM
Author: jfo
, but I will never get out of my mind the images of bluekeet''s solitaire setting (with gabrielle diamond). It''s brushed and half bezel and just... perfect! I hope she doesn''t mind me resposting some of her images...
Wowzers, that is beautiful; I wonder if it is platinum.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/17/2007 1:44:23 PM
Author: Skippy123

Date: 9/17/2007 12:05:18 PM
Author: jfo
, but I will never get out of my mind the images of bluekeet''s solitaire setting (with gabrielle diamond). It''s brushed and half bezel and just... perfect! I hope she doesn''t mind me resposting some of her images...
Wowzers, that is beautiful; I wonder if it is platinum.
Skippy, I just checked the original thread and it is platinum in a satin fish. If you want more pics and details of this ring: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/gabrielle-e-ring.49766/

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmmmmm.....

ring_1.98ct_45.jpg

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/22/2007 8:44:27 PM
Author: Ninama
Mmmmmmm.....
Ninama, where did you get that gorgeous picture? I love it!

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/23/2007 8:59:30 AM
Author: wolftress

Ninama, where did you get that gorgeous picture? I love it!

I usually don''t go for finely detailed settings, but that one just got me. It''s from M. Khordipour Enterprises (estatediamondjewelry.com). Item: 4537.

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Lynn, I also love your setting ... very elegant and simple, but not plain. Can I ask where it''s from?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/30/2007 8:02:18 PM
Author: Lynn B

Date: 9/30/2007 7:01:36 PM
Author: ButterBean
Lynn, I also love your setting ... very elegant and simple, but not plain. Can I ask where it''s from?
Certainly! It was a custom job from WF (it was actually the very first ''Legato'' head!) They did a wonderful, perfect job.

Here''s the thread with the whole story, plus a kijillion photos!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-gorgeous-new-fishtail-pave-set-from-wf.46129/
WF sells that ring now, and it is called the Harmony.

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Harmony-Engagement-Ring_1136.htm

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2007 9:00:55 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Certainly! It was a custom job from WF (it was actually the very first ''Legato'' head!) They did a wonderful, perfect job.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-gorgeous-new-fishtail-pave-set-from-wf.46129/

http://www.whiteflash.com/Engagement-Rings/Styles/Diamond-Settings/Harmony-Engagement-Ring_1136.htm
I really like the way that Lynn''s head attaches to the shank much better than the Harmony, though.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG, has any decision been made?

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2007 11:11:38 PM
Author: jayrenay9

Date: 9/30/2007 9:00:55 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

I really like the way that Lynn''s head attaches to the shank much better than the Harmony, though.
LynnB''s ring is SO stunning..........I just love it. And I agree, jayrenay9, the way her head is attached is better than the harmony, although I wouldn''t turn down a harmony.
31.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vatche Swan

vatcheswan.jpg

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 1:29:15 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Vatche Swan
Oh. My. Lord. That Swan is absolutely stunning!!!
36.gif

I haven''t seen it on any of the sites mentioned at PS, though. Is it an older style and possibly not made any more?
I thought the Royal Crown was my favorite solitaire until now....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never saw BlueKeet's ring before. It is absolutely gorgeous! I had considered posting a picture of my own solitaire here when I saw the first few postings to this thread, because my solitaire is very simple with no side stones and no pavé. Mine, however, is the opposite of BlueKeet's ring. I hadn't been looking for fluidity when I had my ring made. I had been looking for invisibility. I had wanted someone to look at my hand and see only the diamond with a thread of gold. My ring is ethereal from a distance, but not graceful and fluid up close.

Where is Harriet's ring? I wanted to be able to see every ring that was mentioned!

Deb
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Josh made this collage from several pictures that had been posted of my solitaire. It has jackets that can be worn with it (or not).

Deb
34.gif

AGBFSolitaire.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2007 6:25:25 PM
Author: AGBF

I never saw BlueKeet''s ring before. It is absolutely gorgeous! I had considered posting a picture of my own solitaire here when I saw the first few postings to this thread, because my solitaire is very simple with no side stones and no pavé. Mine, however, is the opposite of BlueKeet''s ring. I hadn''t been looking for fluidity when I had my ring made. I had been looking for invisibility. I had wanted someone to look at my hand and see only the diamond with a thread of gold. My ring is ethereal from a distance, but not graceful and fluid up close.

Where is Harriet''s ring? I wanted to be able to see every ring that was mentioned!

Deb
34.gif
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-re-set.68776/

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/1/2007 6:57:19 PM
Author: AGBF

Josh made this collage from several pictures that had been posted of my solitaire. It has jackets that can be worn with it (or not).

Deb
34.gif
What a unique, and beautiful set up!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a picture of Harriet''s ring. I felt this thread would not be complete without it!

Deborah
34.gif

HarrietsRing.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/1/2007 1:29:15 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Vatche Swan

I first saw this Swan ring in this thread and I had no idea that Irina played a major role in designing the ring. I have since read an old, closed thread in which she asked for help in naming the design. I cannot tell you how impressed I am that she did such beautiful work! And, in the other thread, she said that she chose to submit her design to Dvatché because they did such fine wire work. It is beautiful and graceful, both in design and execution!

Deborah
34.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Sorry for the long absence! Well, he let the cat out of the bag and told my friend (she''s actually my very BEST friend! but I was being cautious cause she knows I''m on here) that he''s looking for rings. It turns out they''re both really excited about the idea of doing a wacky coloured sapphire solitaire, instead of a diamond. They''ll probably buy from Natural Sapphire Company.

I love Lynn B''s. And that half bezel is achingly gorgeous and the swan setting is kooky-gorgeous too! I think she''d love both of those and I''m going to send them along to show her.

Thanks gals! Keep ''em coming

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results