shape
carat
color
clarity

Gabrielle E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
I''ve spent hours admiring everyone''s gorgeous rings for a couple months. Yep, I''m addicted. I''ve noticed no one has posted pictures of a Gabrielle cut diamond so I thought I would share. The ring and proposal came this past weekend at the summit a run/hike up a mountain. It is probably a miracle that I made it back alive as I couldn''t keep my eyes off "The Precious" on the way back down. I was wearing an orange shirt (my favorite color) and just loved how the diamond was picking up the color of my shirt. Anyhow, I had a blast outside today taking pictures of my newly planted Hibiscus and Plumeria with and without the ring. We planted these right before our journey up the mountain so they are extra special. There was some urgency for me to learn how to use the camera - it won''t be long before the white flies out front realize I have 4 new Hibiscus plants in the back yard. So enjoy my first attempt at posting pictures. The picture with the ring on top of the Plumeria doesn''t look real - it must be the satin finish on my ring.

Gabrielle Cut - 105 facets so it has a different look to it
1.01, H, VVS1

Gabi_Plumeria.jpg

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Here it is with a bit of an orange glow from the Carolina Breeze Hibiscus. I know these should have been posted on a board for flowers not pricescope, but my hands leave something to be desired. Maybe if I can edit most of my hand out...

Gabi_OrangeGlow.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohmygosh that is a beautiful ring!
30.gif

very very nice. congrats bluekeet!
36.gif

i will be looking forward to more pics!

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Belle. Actually, thanks to everyone for supplying hours of eye candy enjoyment and more information than I know what to do with! Especially Elepri for posting her Ritani ring as I would have never found pricescope without her posts.

Ok, on my finger. Outside in the shade. Sure is tough to get the camera to focus on the ring and not the hair and wrinkles on your finger!

Gabi_OnFinger1.jpg

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Here is my Gabrielle''s pattern. It looks rather floral - or is it I''m just obssessed with plants?

Gabi_Pattern.jpg

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Another close up and it is only a little blurry.

Gabi_OnFinger2.jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful diamond, setting, flowers, and hand!! Congratulations!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
What a cool setting! And Stone! I''ve never "seen" a gabrielle cut before.
Thanks for sharing.

Can you tell us a little bit about the setting?
Love the satin/polished combo.

Congratulations on your engagement!

Scintillating...

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Ok, the Reggae Breeze Hibiscus felt left out. This is the best picture I have of the ring on it. Not perfectly in focus, but the Gabi sure does shine! This is my fiance''s favorite of the 4 new hibiscus we planted - I don''t know how he puts up with my obsessions. It was hard to find flowers strong enough to hold "the precious" - maybe I need to get out the fertilizer. I''ll give the roses a shot tomorrow. Not sure what else I can take pictures of it on. The dog? Fruit? DQ Mud Pie Blizzard? Anyhow I think you get the idea of what the Gabrielle looks like from today''s photos. I should be able to return to looking at everyone else''s new sparklers.

Gabi_Reggae.jpg

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
The setting is platnium with a satin finish except for the tips of the semi-bezel. Originally I thought I''d want something with side stones, but after trying stuff on I found I was a solitare girl. I tried on a Ritani setting that seemed just about perfect, but my fiance wanted to do something unique so he had something made up with the help of Sarah Leonard Jewelers - the shop where we picked out the Gabrielle. Anyhow I found tons of examples on the internet and I guess he combined everything I told him I like to make the perfect ring. I really like how it is seamless. I fell in love with Wallermama''s ring after she changed to the satin finish. Almost enough to go with an asscher!! I spent days looking at everyone''s gorgeous asschers. At this point I think I love all the cuts.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Wow, BlueKeet! Your ring is amazing
4.gif
It''s so different and I think it''s beautiful! Congrats on your engagement, and I am glad that you made it down the hill alive
1.gif
I LOVE plumeria
30.gif
My favorite!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
This ring is gorgeous! It is so simple, yet so striking I just love it. I love the satin finish and the smooth contours, they really did a nice job on this ring. The gabrielle cut is gorgeous too, it does look like a flower. Beautiful photographs too.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A one-of-a-kind beauty!!! Congrats on owning a truly rare and important stone! I ADORE the satin finish and the curvy lines of the setting. I predict that many here will soon be inquiring about that ring!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! This is the first Gabrielle diamond I''ve seen and it has such an interesting pattern. I adore the elegant setting that you chose and the satin finish is just gorgeous!!! Your flowers are lovely by the way.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a stunning ring! I''ve never seen a Gabrielle cut diamond before & yours is just lovely. The combination of the "floral" faceting pattern of your stone & your sleek, modern setting is so striking. I really, really like it!
30.gif

Congrats on your engagement & welcome to PS!
35.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Congrations on your engagement!

Your ring is beautiful. Love the flower shots
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
it''s absolutely gorgeous...congrats

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/22/2006 12:43:26 AM
Author: BlueKeet

I don''t know how he puts up with my obsessions. It was hard to find flowers strong enough to hold ''the precious'' - maybe I need to get out the fertilizer. I''ll give the roses a shot tomorrow. Not sure what else I can take pictures of it on. The dog? Fruit? DQ Mud Pie Blizzard?
hehehehe....these are the words of a true ps''er!

i just love this ring bluekeet. your flowers are beautemous as well!
2.gif
i will be looking forward to more pics. .....mmmmm....mud pie blizzard
18.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I''ve never heard of a Gabrielle cut before, but it''s so cool! It definitely has a floral feel to it
1.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is gorgeous and so unique!! Congrats!
30.gif
36.gif

drk

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing ring! Could I ask for a profile photo of it? I can almost see it in the first photo you posted, but I''d love to see how your setting shows off the cutlet of your stone. Your DF did a fantastic job designing that ring (love the smooth contours and the contrast between the stain and polished parts) and picking the diamond.

Congrats!

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Here is a zoomed in profile shot from yesterday. I just took a bunch more photos and I''ll see if any more are worthy to post. Thanks for the compliments. Yes, he did a wonderful job. This is my first time using his camera and I had to phone for help since he proposed and shortly after hopped on a plane. I emailed him a link to this thread and have my fingers crossed that the photos aren''t up to par so I don''t have to start carrying the camera and taking pictures on trips.

Gabi_Profile.jpg

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
That is a REALLY neat diamond as is the setting. I''d love to have those flowers, I can see why you''d be so into them.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Your pics look professional!!! I love how the first pic shows off the setting...your ring is gorgeous!! Congrats!!
30.gif
30.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow, BlueKeet!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
That has now become one of my all-time favorite contemporary mountings.

I love the satin finish and its curvy seamlessness. What a perfect way to showcase a beautiful diamond! Are you planning on a simple, satin, matching band? (I hope, I hope)

Congratulations!

Oh, and BTW...where''s Mara? She''s gotta see this thread. If you ever tire of diamond chitchat (
6.gif
), you two can talk gardening!!!
5.gif

widget

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
I just LOVE that setting! It''s so striking and unique! Congrats!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely adore your ring! Everything about it, the satin finish, the shiny half bezel, oh and yes the DIAMOND! Congratulations,

a

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
That explains why Mara takes such nice diamond/flower photos. I thought of her pictures while I was in the yard and wondered how to get them to come out as good as hers! I took well over 200 pictures there were a couple nice ones, but it wa fun anyway. Even this side shot ended up with the reflection of a houseplant on the half bezel. Geesh. I feel like some crazy plant lady.

As for a band I have an excuse to spend more time on pricescope, but I have no clue what I will do it looks so nice all by itself. I probably have a year or so to worry about it.

Gabi_SideShot.jpg

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
This one was fun.

Gabi_Sparkles.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yowza, your ring is stunning, love it. I also love the setting, just gorgeous. Great pics BTW. Congrats on your engagement!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results