shape
carat
color
clarity

Gabrielle E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nevlossiel

Rough_Rock
So unique and very beautiful. That stone seems like a perfect choice for you, since you seem to be a gardener!

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Ok, maybe this is a first and I know kind of strange. Smooshed in bit of vanilla bean ice cream that caused the diamond to frost over. I was in such a bother to get the ring cleaned up that I left the ice cream carton on the counter.

Gabi_IceCream.jpg

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
BlueKeet - gorgeous ring!!! I love the last ice cream shot... yum! making me hungry...
30.gif
30.gif

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
On a Johann Strauss Rose. Don''t you just love diamonds? It picked up some blue from the sky.

Gabi_Johann.jpg

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
I think this is a Crimson Bouquet Rose. It came with the house. You are lucky the blooms of 8 of my rose bushes weren''t up to par.

Gabi_Crimson.jpg

Snooper

Brilliant_Rock
Love the ice cream shot! Very creative:) Thanks for sharing! I''ve never seen a Gabrielle ER!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bluekeet,

I am speechless over your diamond ring. I have never seen a Gabrielle cut before and I must say it is now my favorite. What a GORGEOUS RING. The cut of your diamond is stunning and sooooo yummmmmmy. It just sparkles so. Your flower shots are beautiful and I Love the ice cream shot as well.

Wait until Mara sees this.
9.gif

Congratulations to you and your fiance.

Linda

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous ring! I love the satin finish on the band and the graceful design of the mounting! Beautiful way to showcase that lovely stone.

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Almost done...

Gabi_DragonZoom.jpg

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Again thanks for all the information. Found out about so much. Platinum vs white gold. Gabrielle vs Hearts & Arrows. B&M vs online. All these abbreviations that require a secret decoder ring. Even Soy vs Cow Milk - I still don''t know what to do about that one.

Gabi_OnFinger4.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love the ring, definitely a beautiful satin contemporary, your fiance done good!!! the stone is stunning as well. and i LOVE all the flower shots, yummy....re taking pictures, i would be lost without my super duper macro setting. also move the camera back just a bit even when using macro, i find that the macro is so powerful that the ring doesn't need to be SUPER close to the camera to get a great shot and still be focused. looking forward to more flower shots, esp since my garden is between flushes right now so i am flowerless!! i LOVE plumeria so that first shot is my FAVE!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This is one gorgeous ring--the elegant setting compliments the wonderful stone! Gorgeous flower shots, btw...

cheers--Sharon

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the tips Mara. I''m pretty worn out from taking and posting pictures. I''m just going to sit back for a bit and enjoy someone else''s fun. Did I mention I dropped the ring in the lawn and was on all fours for some time trying to locate it? How about the brilliant idea of balancing it on my dog''s nose? I''m probably lucky she didn''t eat it as I had just had it on the basil plant. Awhile back I tried to teach her to balance treats on her nose and flick them into her mouth on command. Apparently I was the only one who forgot about that trick.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
don''t worry BK..i think most of us have had the ''dropped the ring'' scare...i dropped mine into one of my plants and my plants are like a mass of underplantings and had a minute of freakout. of course what did i do when i found them? cleaned them and tried the picture again. hahaa.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
The stone looks just like the Gabi round cuts I''ve seen in pics! So beautiful, like a star or something.

I love your satin mount, and my favorite part is the way the diamond looks in that one side profile shot where the diamond kind of hangs over the edge, like one of those infinity pools or something.

Just GORGEOUS!
30.gif

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/22/2006 12:22:50 AM
Author: BlueKeet
Another close up and it is only a little blurry.
Congratulations!! A beautiful ring!! All the best to you both :} Beautiful close up shots too :}

Wifey2b :}

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Bluekeet - I''ve never seen that cut before. It is just a fabulous diamond.

I LOVE IT!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous and unique! I love it!
emsmilep.gif
emthup.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
oh oh oh oh oh oh oooooooooohhhhhhh!

I love it I love it I love it!

I''ve never heard of the Gabrielle cut, and I''m so glad you posted this so future PS''ers can fall in love with that truly unique cut.

I''m so glad you like the satin finish! I do love it so. And when it gets scratched up, a pro here on PS gave a great tip...the forest green scotch-brite scrub scour pads from the grocery store do a great job! I even "matted" another ring of mine. It isn''t quite the same as the matte finish you''d get from a jewelry store that does it right, maybe more of a cross between satin and brushed, but it does a good job of touching up the underside of the shank that gets beat up on...

Congratulations! Your ring is one of my all time favorites!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Wallermama -- if you like the Gabi cut, then we''ll just have to make a little field trip to Shreve.
31.gif
I first saw the Gabi there a year and a half ago and was very impressed.....especially by the price tag!
6.gif
I agree with you that the satin finish pushes Bluekeet''s ring over the edge from "Unbelievably beautiful" to "Anyone know CPR!"

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring, so fluid. Thanks so much for posting it! And congrats!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
what a beautiful ring.
I love the contemp. setting and the satin finish.

Nice shots-

tanuki

Shiny_Rock
thanks for posting your beautiful ring. The Gabrielle cut is so pretty.

I was wondering - is it deeper than the usual RB? In one of your shots from the side it looked like it was.

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
Yes, it is deeper so the spread is smaller than the expected 6.5mm of an ideal 1 carat RB. We read about the pros and cons of the Gabrielle and other 100+ faceted cuts before making the final decision - see for more detailed information from the experts and opinions from other pricescopers. At this point I''m content to just stare at my ring all day and smile. I hope that doesn''t wear off.

It didn''t seem like there were any fans of the Gabrielle on pricescope - ok a couple and one guy who sold them so he didn''t count. I actually had a nightmare after posting the first batch of photos about the awful things that people would have posted while I was asleep. I am so glad everyone had nice things to say and really, with those brightly colored flowers in the photos, one of those frozen spit rocks from the ugliest rings post would probably have gotten compliments.

Sample frozen spit review...

"Umm wow that is a spectacular hibiscus flower. Amazing petals and the foilage is so green. Do you have the specs on that flower? Oh yeah, did you bother to get specs for the diamond - I haven''t seen anything like that before - it must be off the charts. Oh, and next time clean the ice cream and dirt off of it before you take the pictures."

No one who used pricescope and ended up purchasing a Gabrielle (there were a maybe 2 people) actually posted pictures of the ring. I wanted to change that for anyone considering one in the future or who may have decided on a Gabi, but had to wait a couple months and needed something to remind them what it looked like. The Gabrielle Diamonds website is very limited. I don''t think it has any real photos on it, just drawings. Oh, yeah the cut comes in other shapes I''m still waiting for someone to post those someday.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL @ Frozen spit review, funny!

You had nothing to worry about, that thing is beautiful! Flowers aren''t bad either.
2.gif

BlueKeet

Shiny_Rock
I am a worrier by nature. I worry about EVERYTHING! I stumbled across the quotation below a few weeks ago and I hope that if I read it enough times I may eventually take it to heart.

"When I look back on all the worries I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which never happened." -- Sir Winston Churchill

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2006 9:13:56 PM
Author: BlueKeet
I am a worrier by nature. I worry about EVERYTHING! I stumbled across the quotation below a few weeks ago and I hope that if I read it enough times I may eventually take it to heart.

''When I look back on all the worries I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which never happened.'' -- Sir Winston Churchill
Bluekeet, I am going to save that quote. I am also a worrier by nature and trying hard to fight it!

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so glad I finally got to see a picture of a Gabrielle cut stone! I read about them in my diamond buying guide but have never seen any pics on Pricescope. It looks like it sparkles like mad, enjoy your beautiful stone!
I would love to see pics of the other shapes as well.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, and your pics are wonderful!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Here is a heart cut for gabrielle....

gabrielle-cut-ring-heart.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results