shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me the handbags

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't really carried light bags much so hoping someone else chimes in here. I've been expanding what bags I have by bidding on bags in a charity auction that benefits animal rescue. I get many for $5-20 each so I can see what size/color/style I actually carry rather than buying $$$ bags that I don't actually use.
That’s a good idea. We don’t tend to have those here so I’ve been coming at it from the point of view of buying one bag, organising my stuff properly (that was actually key to finding a handbag useful!) and then working from there.
I’ve focused on manufacturers whose company values are ones I want to support around things like ethical sourcing, fair pay for workers etc.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a good idea. We don’t tend to have those here so I’ve been coming at it from the point of view of buying one bag, organising my stuff properly (that was actually key to finding a handbag useful!) and then working from there.
I’ve focused on manufacturers whose company values are ones I want to support around things like ethical sourcing, fair pay for workers etc.

FB auctions! One of the animal rescue groups I follow has a purse auction twice a year. Bidding is all online and they ship to the winning bidders. All purses are donated so all of the proceeds go to the animals.

xsouzie

Shiny_Rock
Since it's debut, I was never really a fan of The Boy but I fell in love when I saw this color. My first and definitely not my last Chanel Boy...
IMG_20190113_1241334.jpg

I have quite a few other Chanels and Guccis as well but this is what I have on my phone at the moment.
Maxi flap..
IMG_20170312_2326554.jpg

Small Cerf Tote..
IMG_20171113_2014472-2_(1).jpg

Gucci G Wave Hobo..
IMG_20170311_1011163.jpg

Gucci python New Jackie..
DSCN3928.JPG

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My humble Hermes handbag collection.

I also have a Kelly long wallet and a Bearn wallet as well as a Chanel Classic but am too lazy to take another pic, lol. My LV collection used to be huge, but I have sold or given away most of them. I sold 2 Kellys - a Vert Anis in Fjord, a Fauve Tadelakt - several years ago and still have seller's remorse to this day.

Would love to get a Birkin or Kelly in crocodile at some point - dunno when though.

Hermes Collection.jpg

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
5104C809-7E98-4D37-9689-A716C7D55352.jpeg
I only have one bag. I used to have 3 Mulberry bags and a few from Louis Vuitton. I never used them. They just sat in their dust bags. I decided to buy one bag that I absolutely love and sell the rest. Here is my LV Pochette Metis. It’s the perfect size for every day and evening.
The PM mono is a beautiful bag and I so wish I could carry it. But it’s heavy for me. So glad it works so well for you.

Reactions: AV_

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
The PM mono is a beautiful bag and I so wish I could carry it. But it’s heavy for me. So glad it works so well for you.

Are there different sizes in this bag? Mine isn’t heavy at all. Even when it’s full. I can’t carry heavy bags either. This one is perfect for me :))

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I’m completely honest with myself, black :roll2: because I’m just so predictably boring and wear a lot of black. As much as I totally and desperately wish it were otherwise. I was thinking that pink might be a good change and make for a proper alternative bag though. But I don’t know how difficult it is to keep clean..
Lovely design. I typically go for black bags in fall/winter but switch to a white one for spring/summer. If it's high quality sealed leather, it'll stay clean. I just need to spot clean up with mild soap and water before putting it away at the end of the season. I've had my white Coach satchel for 10 years now and it still looks good.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are there different sizes in this bag? Mine isn’t heavy at all. Even when it’s full. I can’t carry heavy bags either. This one is perfect for me :))

It is one of the lightest bags I own and mine is in the empriente leather.

Reactions: ame

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I use really light bags, I mean less than a pound if empty. I have a nerve problem on my shoulder and can’t take much pressure on it. I tried on the empreinte when empty and that was a bit heavy with nothing and way too heavy with stuff. I may be switching to a top handle bag to completely avoid the shoulder issue.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Sky blue does get me going too... - such a beautifully friendly color! @xsouzie

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve used my Trevi as my staple bag for what seems like forever... so DH treated me to the new Marignan over the holidays. I love being able to wear it as a crossbody.

64EFE5ED-3CEC-45A9-A5F6-5243FB54563A.jpeg
Gorgeous bag!. I love the black with mono. I’m just nervous about new styles. Let us know how that wears.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous bag!. I love the black with mono. I’m just nervous about new styles. Let us know how that wears.

Thanks! I was debating between it and the V tote. Poor DH was getting a bit worn out by my indecision. lol In the end, the marignan just felt roomier with the slightly taller height, so I went for it. I also love the pockets.

I wore it throughout our trip last month and it’s been fantastic. It hits at just the right length as a crossbody with the strap fully extended. That means a lot because I’ve had other bags that were either too long or too short.

My only peeve is it’s on the narrow side, so it can dig in on the shoulder if the bag is weighed down. If it were just a little wider, I think it would be more comfortable.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I was debating between it and the V tote. Poor DH was getting a bit worn out by my indecision. lol In the end, the marignan just felt roomier with the slightly taller height, so I went for it. I also love the pockets.

I wore it throughout our trip last month and it’s been fantastic. It hits at just the right length as a crossbody with the strap fully extended. That means a lot because I’ve had other bags that were either too long or too short.

My only peeve is it’s on the narrow side, so it can dig in on the shoulder if the bag is weighed down. If it were just a little wider, I think it would be more comfortable.

Did you consider getting a separate wide strap? I love mine.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ditto the wide strap recommendation from @LLJsmom I do this for most of my handbags. So much more comfortable than the narrow strap.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ditto the wide strap recommendation from @LLJsmom I do this for most of my handbags. So much more comfortable than the narrow strap.

Appreciate the suggestion! I wanted to see if the original would work, but the more I think of it, I’m certain it will drive me crazy in the summer when I wear sleeveless or tanks. I will look into it since I’m not familiar with what’s available. Any recommendations?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Appreciate the suggestion! I wanted to see if the original would work, but the more I think of it, I’m certain it will drive me crazy in the summer when I wear sleeveless or tanks. I will look into it since I’m not familiar with what’s available. Any recommendations?
Bandoulier XL - try it out.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
8D3F9D18-128C-4045-8348-B1E68FCEEDDA.jpeg
My dream bag which I purchased in August this year is the Louis Vuitton neverfull mm in Damier Ebene with rose ballerine lining. It commemorated twelve months of separation and being a single mother to my three kids! Sadly my vehicle was stolen a week before Christmas and my handbag was inside! Insurance won’t cover the handbag and I’m devastated. Car is yet to be recovered but I’m more worried about my bag. I’ll be saving up to replace it - as it’s still my dream bag!
I’m so sorry about your car and handbag..:(2
I love those bags..and I’m thinking of getting it in cream for the summer..but I’m worried it will catch dirt and that would really bother me. I tend to get the browns but I’m getting bored with that..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a ton of good bags..lots of great vintage that I still wear. One in particular I’m so upset about because it’s my favorite..The piping on it got abraded and my friend told me there was a place that could replace it much less expensively than LV so I listened. It looks terrible..They used glue and the edges are raw. I still have it but won’t wear it because it’s been altered and it looks terrible. I’m too embarrassed to bring it into LV to ask if they can replace the piping..but since the other person used glue I’m not sure they’ll touch it. I would buy the style again because it’s a crossbody and holds tons..I’ll post a photo when I get back to Pa if anyone is curious..Hopefully you can give me an opinion..sigh..

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a ton of good bags..lots of great vintage that I still wear. One in particular I’m so upset about because it’s my favorite..The piping on it got abraded and my friend told me there was a place that could replace it much less expensively than LV so I listened. It looks terrible..They used glue and the edges are raw. I still have it but won’t wear it because it’s been altered and it looks terrible. I’m too embarrassed to bring it into LV to ask if they can replace the piping..but since the other person used glue I’m not sure they’ll touch it. I would buy the style again because it’s a crossbody and holds tons..I’ll post a photo when I get back to Pa if anyone is curious..Hopefully you can give me an opinion..sigh..

So sorry. I can confirm LV won’t touch it as it has been worked on by non-LV. My mom had a gorgeous trocadero years ago and she had someone else replace the zipper. I tried to get the bag repaired and they rejected it. It’s so annoying. Try getting a new or pre-loved one.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was practically brand new when I got it.
The elderly lady who gave it to me had a Speedy, and I always complimented her on it.
One day she said to me "After my sister passed away, we found that she had a closet full of Louis Vuitton luggage. There was a purse, too, but it's too big for me. I'm going to give it to you."
I said "Oh no, I cant accept that!" The next time I saw her, she handed it to me and insisted I take it. The smaller bag was inside!
Thinking about your beautiful trocadero. Are you using it?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So sorry. I can confirm LV won’t touch it as it has been worked on by non-LV. My mom had a gorgeous trocadero years ago and she had someone else replace the zipper. I tried to get the bag repaired and they rejected it. It’s so annoying. Try getting a new or pre-loved one.
They aren’t making that style anymore which stinks..because I LOVE that bag...The bag is in great condition too..but I won’t use it the way it is..I think I will look and see if I can find a pre-loved one..:cry2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results