shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me the handbags

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love to see the handbags of PS. Every day, dressy, high end, homemade, leather, fabric, whatever. I've seen a few threads on the topic and thought it might be fun to share pictures and talk all things handbag/tote/wallet/etc.

ice empress

Shiny_Rock
Such a fun thread! I certainly have a weakness for purses (with a particular penchant for Chanels) and can’t wait to see what gets posted!! =)2

Here are two of my (currently favourite) purses. I love them especially for their uniqueness and rarity.

First is a Chanel Boy Bag in baby blue python leather. Only 6 or 7 were available throughout all of North America. I have yet to wear her even once...

6E708948-0488-4EC3-828B-E2EE3B263BFC.jpeg 258768FB-671B-4544-A342-9241E58F8406.jpeg

Next is a Chanel wallet on chain with two-tone gold and silver hardware and woven tweed throughout. I love her because she’s both fun and elegant. Perfect for an evening out!

679E5036-BDB5-40DF-ACF0-F93E1A9825AE.jpeg

Lastly, a photo of my haul after I casually walked into a Chanel flagship store “just to browse”... :lol:

It was a birthday treat to myself. Perhaps I went a little overboard...

0C45A38B-A907-45C8-B21D-FB63612B1695.jpeg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mainly wear crossbody bags. But have a few non crossbody bags (satchels, clutches, etc) that I do enjoy.
My main requirement is that they are lightweight and comfortable. I prefer vintage over new. (what a surprise right haha;)))
I have too many bags to take photos of but here are a few the bags I use. I do switch them often.

Prada crossbody
prada.jpg

Chanel crossbody
chanelcrossbody.jpg

Clutch

clutch.jpg

Lastly, a photo of my haul after I casually walked into a Chanel flagship store “just to browse”... :lol:

:lol: Haha famous last words. "Just to Browse" is dangerous business.:naughty::lol:

Attachments

• prada.jpeg
    prada.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 78

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DDD39944-21BE-407E-B39B-5BAD9A9CF8F6.jpeg 68B6F4E3-231C-4AA3-B1B3-714B866A78FD.jpeg I’ll share this one.
A rare Art Deco find. It’s French and that is a working watch set into the clasp alongside enamel and marcasites.

OH WOW!!!! That one is gorgeous! Almost every bag I have is monochromatic, plain and boring! I just love your taste in jewelry and you also know how to find great handbags too!

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ice empress I think those Chanel are stunning! I don't have a Chanel store near me, but I know the feeling of going to a store to browse! It looks like you had a great birthday!!!

@missy I especially like the black Chanel crossbody! It is a perfect fit for you and rests at the exact correct length where I think a purse should rest when wearing! I have no crossbody bags :( If I could find one to look at good on me as that does on you though I would have some though!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My bags have gotten progressively smaller over the years.
Balenciagas and LV. All of these are old. I haven't carried the Balenciagas for 8 years. They are falling apart from neglect. I occasionally use the LV. That LV cross body is bombproof. It's travelled the world with me for 15 years and survived my cat peeing on it twice with nary a blemish.

balenciaga.jpg

Chanel, Proenza Schouler, Dooney & Burke, Calvin Klein. The bag with the cats on it was done by an artist friend of mine. I don't use the Chanel and Proenza Schouler anymore. Don't like the heavy chains.

chanel.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the one I grabbed for today. I'm not sure what it is, but it feels sturdy and carries a fair amount of stuff without being large. It has been great for days I am wearing too much color for some of my other bags or don't want to put what I need to carry into something nicer. (Or am going to do something filthy and don't want to get another dirty.) IMG_20181104_103203.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are mine, my daily driver is my Vera Bradley and then the second pic is a blue Cole Haan I picked up for $2 at a tag sale and next to it is a handbag I had made on Etsy, the bag is an old leather coat, the straps are a vintage belt and the flowers on the front each have a genuine gemstone in the middle.

IMG_0911.JPG IMG_0912.JPG

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DDD39944-21BE-407E-B39B-5BAD9A9CF8F6.jpeg 68B6F4E3-231C-4AA3-B1B3-714B866A78FD.jpeg I’ll share this one.
A rare Art Deco find. It’s French and that is a working watch set into the clasp alongside enamel and marcasites.

Beautiful! :love:

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The celine bags are great! How do they hold up to daily wear and tear?

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @TooPatient ! The red one is one of my favorites.

The celine bags are great! How do they hold up to daily wear and tear?

Thanks! The belt bag (first pic) is the one I carry almost daily and it has held up well. The leather zipper pull on the back pocket came unglued and the sealant on the edges of the flap has worn off in spots, but given the fact that it’s been almost three years of use and I don’t baby this at all, I think it’s fine. These things aren’t obvious unless you look for them. It’s too bad I haven’t found this bag in the same leather again or I’d buy another one.

The box bags are a different story. The red leather scratches easily, but the stingray is ridiculously sturdy. The Achilles’ heel is in the closure; the clasp relies on metal springs and I’ve already had to have it replaced on the stingray bag. I love them both and I try to be more careful with them.

The yellow one is too small to be practical, so it only gets used when it can add a nice pop of color to an outfit.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am not seeing the model I have on the www, but it is all good from anything by Wendy Stevens:

https://wendystevens.com/

I am not usually carying any bag - like the guys =)2 (some of them do otherwise around here; I wouldn't go so low as to borsette!).

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my daily fall/winter bag. It fits a boatload of stuff and is lighweight. Just wish it had some pockets or way to organize inside. I dislike most leather bags because they weigh too much even when empty. I also find chain straps and rolled handles extremely uncomfortable to wear so always look for solid flat straps.
IMG_20181105_111102.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a thing for Celine bags.
2A494847-B1E0-48FC-A94A-CA3B362E0176.jpeg E78157F3-DC89-4955-9CC7-AD24E91DDC90.jpeg 2621E203-2DA5-42B2-AF7F-E9E8C056B60E.jpeg 85C1B1FC-B55E-4846-8F6A-29DAB94B3DD9.jpeg

My only Hermès bag, which I don’t carry much due to the weight & size:
2821D3A0-11F2-4B85-8771-A1DE147B0FD6.jpeg
OOOh! I see ray skin! I love that one!
I have a ray skin bag. I'll have to dig it out and take a photo!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few in my closet.
The two LV bags were a gift from a dear friend, vintage 1980s. The purse is "Trocadero".
The purse came with the monogrammed dust cover.
IMG_20181106_142716693.jpg
The bigger black one is Mark Cross, a thrift store find.
The smaller one is my fav, the stingray.
Something about that texture is magic!
IMG_20181106_142914753.jpg
IMG_20181106_143404120.jpg

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
:angryfire: C6764A81-DA29-485E-9DF1-FC4738E0F32F.jpeg I feel like this topic has come up before. I love longchamp totes because they are lightweight and packable for business trips. I have a variety of colors and sizes for different needs, the mid size is my go to because although they are nylon and lightweight, they can fit my laptop. They can also double as grocery bags when I forget to bring grocery bags. Easy to clean in the event of spillage. This is my longchamp bag of the week. Taupe....

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@ice empress That baby blue python is totally TDF!!!

@m-2-b We have similar taste in bags! I also have a Chanel classic flap and a new medium boy, but with gold hardware!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:angryfire: C6764A81-DA29-485E-9DF1-FC4738E0F32F.jpeg I feel like this topic has come up before. I love longchamp totes because they are lightweight and packable for business trips. I have a variety of colors and sizes for different needs, the mid size is my go to because although they are nylon and lightweight, they can fit my laptop. They can also double as grocery bags when I forget to bring grocery bags. Easy to clean in the event of spillage. This is my longchamp bag of the week. Taupe....

Haha yes it has many times. Most recently a thread I started when searching for the "perfect" crossbody bag...for anyone interested here it is.

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ssbody-handbag-recommendations-please.240676/

And some other purse threads fyi. Fun to read but not as current.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-many-purses-are-considered-too-many.142141/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/purse-help-under-150-200-dollars.133877/

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/purse-help-under-150-200-dollars.133877/

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...else-not-get-designer-purses-handbags.180807/

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
No Henri Bendel bags?

I have a couple of their bags & wallets. I’ve been tempted to buy more since they announced they’re closing in January, but haven’t decided. :(2

I’ll post a picture of them soon.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are the ones of mine that live in a cupboard downstairs as opposed to dust bags in my wardrobe. These are my staples. I am a Mulberry whore. IMG_20181108_091939.jpg The dark brown is the large Antony cross body & my daily wear. The tan Mitzy hobo is a daily if I'm going somewhere a bit more fancy. The lime green is a vintage bag that my husband bought from a boutique in NY for my birthday a couple of years ago & is my main evening going out bag. The Continental purse (wallet) is about a billion years old, as you can see, and my only purse. This has been used daily for those billion years & just switches from bag to bag.

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
These are the ones of mine that live in a cupboard downstairs as opposed to dust bags in my wardrobe. These are my staples. I am a Mulberry whore. IMG_20181108_091939.jpg The dark brown is the large Antony cross body & my daily wear. The tan Mitzy hobo is a daily if I'm going somewhere a bit more fancy. The lime green is a vintage bag that my husband bought from a boutique in NY for my birthday a couple of years ago & is my main evening going out bag. The Continental purse (wallet) is about a billion years old, as you can see, and my only purse. This has been used daily for those billion years & just switches from bag to bag.

Love them! I’ve been lusting after a Mulberry for well over a year now. My kids are still young enough I end up stuffing their junk in with mine, so I’ve held off. I can’t wait for the day I don’t have to have a bag that doubles as a diaper bag!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results