shape
carat
color
clarity

How many purses are considered "too many"?

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
DH always complaints that I have "too many purses" whenever I buy a new one.

How many do you have and how many is considered "too many"?

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I have at least ten, maybe fifteen. I think you have too many when you have an entire room dedicated to storing them. If they all fit where you store them, then you''re fine!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I have about half a dozen, plus two leather briefcases. I use the same one most days, though.

As for what is too many, I suppose it will depend on your love or otherwise of purses. I don''t really care what DH thinks about purses, so I''ve never asked.
2.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4 I think. Plus another 5 backpacks. I mostly carry backpacks.

It''s too many when you stop carrying some of them or have no place to store them.

I only ever carry 2 of them, so by my definition, I have too many and need to get rid of the other 2.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is no such thing as too many purses, same as there is no such thing as too much bling.
Why do men think they can buy as much of whatever interests them as they want, but women always have too many shoes, too many purses, too much jewelry, too much clothing??

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
IMO, you know you have too many purses when you:

- can carry a different one every day for a year and still have some leftover
- need to add a new purse room as an attachment to your house
- feel the need to be put in the psych ward because you can''t choose which bag to carry that day.
- have to file for bankruptcy / child is starving because you''re broke (note: you starving yourself for purses is normal in my world!)

Till the day comes, carry on!
9.gif

katie_holmes_300x400.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I really just carry one at a time. I probably have 3 total, but I only use my current one for whatever reason. So I really can't say! I guess if you have a nice place to store them and they all fit in that area, then you're fine.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I currently only have 2, but that''s because I''m super picky about features and strap length. I would like to have more, say 4? Too many is a tricky one. If you like matching purses to outfits (I do not), then you need more because they are an accessory. If you have definite seasons where you live, again you would probably want some for each season. If you are not spending an exorbitant amount of your disposable income on purses, then I don''t think there''s a limit, although perhaps some culling might be in order. Buy a new one, rehome an old one.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 7:44:52 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
There is no such thing as too many purses, same as there is no such thing as too much bling.
Why do men think they can buy as much of whatever interests them as they want, but women always have too many shoes, too many purses, too much jewelry, too much clothing??
Because shoes, purses, jeweller & clothing do not interest them.

Zhuzhu: Tell your husband that when you start spending your discretionary funds with the backstreet drug dealer then he will have cause to complain.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Too many is when your collection grows so large that you''re not even using them all. Everyone needs some sort of materialistic passion (IMO) and if purses are your thing, then go for it. Just don''t allow your obsession reach the point where you''re not building savings OR you''re going into debt over your handbag purchases.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I am confident that I am no where near "too many" point! I have about 10 from high-school and college days that I don''t use any more and plan on donating. Other than that I have only about 5 that were either given to me or I purchased for more than $100 and less than $500.

I am so good!!! :D

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I''ve decided that I have too many and have successfully sold the ones I don''t use anymore on ebay. Well, except for one, maybe it wants to stay with me???
Too many is when you have a whole bunch that you don''t use. I have a lot but the ones I don''t use after a few months, I sell. I try to rotate my collection depending on what I am wearing or where I am going , but I do not use the same bag too much, so it doesn''t start to look worn. Normally I use a bag about two weeks before I rotate it.

I have also told myself that I am not allowed to buy anymore unless I sell one.
2.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 9:34:24 AM
Author: elrohwen
I really just carry one at a time. I probably have 3 total, but I only use my current one for whatever reason. So I really can''t say! I guess if you have a nice place to store them and they all fit in that area, then you''re fine.

Ditto this--I am not a huge purse person, so I use whatever my stuff is in.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
I carry one for about 6 months and then I give them away. I have 3 or 4 briefcases though.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Weeeell. I''ve got 2, LOL. My everyday bag and a small silver bag for dressier occasions. I''m working on expanding the collection. I think that as long as they are getting used, it shouldn''t matter how many you have. If they are collecting dust, it might be time to reevaluate.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Eeek. I must be really bad. Right now, I have over 100 purses at home. I have donated and sold many that I no longer use too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 8. But really only use about 3... My LV Manhatten bag is my staple.. I have a black Prada that just replaced my old Marc Jacobs. For summer it's white Dolce and Gabanna which is no longer sold at Neiman's Grrrr.

My DD turned 22 today. She got a new Gucci bag... That was our big gift to her. Gosh we just had graduation too, so it's been costly in the gift department!!!
3.gif

She went shopping with friends. She came back with a LV speedy. But to her defense, she's wanted it for ever, and bought it with her $$. It's a cute bag.

I think this chick has more than me!!!!!
31.gif
6.gif

So the answer??? She has too many when she has more than her dear Mom!!!!!
9.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Purses are my hobby...

I have about 28 and I will continue to buy, buy, buy until I burn out...there is no such thing as "too much" frankly.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know how many is too many, but I only have two real purses. Both are black. One is bigger than the other, and the smaller one is more like a clutch with straps. I have to admit that I''m not much of a purse person though. I do have a lot of canvas bags though. My favorite one could be considered suitable for everyday use as a very casual purse or messenger bag I suppose, but the others are just totes.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Shoes and bags are not really my thing... so more than is necessary is too many for me.

I have:
2 main bags - 1 x black leather; 1 x brown leather
1 diaper bag
2 evening bags - 1 x black satin & diamonte; 1 x gold beaded

That''s it... oh, I do have a black leather Prada purse (the small coin/notes/credit card type) which I bought in 2001 from the factory shop in Italy (my BFF at the time worked for Prada and got 50% off the factory shop prices so it was a HUGE bargain). I have used it daily since then and it still looks almost brand-new. If and when it falls apart I will buy another Prada one as the quality is great.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a nylon shoulder bag, a cloth fossil bag, another target cloth bag, a beach bag (it''s not really mine, it''s the families). And a silver small bag with long strap, rare times I dressing up.

I''d say you have too many bags when there is a problem storing them or differences with spouse with spending that much discretionary income on them. For example my husband would fill up our house with old records if I let him. Therefore he is allowed two long bookshelfs size area for them. If he wants more, has get rid of some. Placed similar restrictions on old books, comics, musical instruments, etc, not really for money reason but because I don''t want my house to become museum of the funky and old.

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t understand the question.
11.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
I have more bags than some women, so y''all know which side I''m on! There''s a LC graphite Damier tote that I want, but it''s like $1500 and I think Nate might have a fit if I get it. But it''s so pretty.

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
No such thing.

I think I have about 30? Only 5 or 6 in daily rotation (and currently whilst travelling, 1) but I don''t think having lots is a problem if you can afford it and justify it in your own mind.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to my DH, 2 is too many. Sometimes I put a clutch in my big purse and he always comments on my "purse within a purse".
9.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Purses are more function than fashion for me. I hate changing out purses so I use the same one every day. I do get tired of them after a while or they wear out, so I usually buy one each spring and one each fall and use till I get a new one. I save my old ones and sometimes will go back to an old favorite, but after a while I give them away or sell in yard sales, etc. But the purses I buy aren''t designer or anything and usually ~$30 or less.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I think I have 3.. I carry one everyday, and rarely use the second, and never use the third. Too many purses will never be an issue for me!

puffy

Brilliant_Rock
i have WAY TOO MANY purses!! purses i have not touched in years are sitting in my closet still. just this year alone, i have already bought over 10. but i am a total purse and shoe person and of course diamonds too.

you can never have too many purses!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I probably have about 30 now, and that''s after selling a half dozen on eBay. When I get dressed up, I like to coordinate my handbags to my shoes and outfit.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
How many shoes are considered too many?

I have to get rid of some of my bags. I only have a handful of nicer ones, but I need to get rid of the old cheap ones. And I need to figure out how to store mine too. They are just hanging in my closet right now and that''s boring. My shoes, meanwhile, have pretty racks to chill out on.
3.gif

I think it''s too many purses when you have to have a "purse room". This limitation, however, does not apply to shoes.
31.gif

Otherwise, I''d be screwed...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results