shape
carat
color
clarity

How many purses are considered "too many"?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a couple of nice bags. I had loads of bags and sold them all last year. I really want this Mulberry Bayswater. If I had this one I would probably not buy another one for ages.
30.gif

mulberry-bayswater-chocolate.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
I have tons of purses, but all of mine are el cheapo, so I figure they''re a guiltless indulgence driven by capitalist consumerism--and I only use this line because my DH''s line of work involves credit card production, so I tell him that I''m just a sweet innocent little cog in the machine that he helps power. He''s yet to come up with an argument for that, bwahaha!
27.gif

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
SDL, one of my goals in life is to rob Freke blind for her shoes, so I feel ya! I have a couple of purses that are SCARY old, but I figure as long as they''re still capable of holding my belongings without leakage and are still cute, I can deal with it. I think I have an addiction....

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Doodle,

I just thought I''d ad my 2 cents....Im with SDL one can NEVER have too many bags or shoes.

So I say more bags!? Go for it!
2.gif

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
I have no idea how many I have, I have boxes full of them and gave away 20 or so over the winter. I have a cheapo collection, a mid-line collection and ~10 bags that were $400+

I take great care of them and they last forever, I will have them for the rest of my life - what other purchases can you say that about?

I can''t bring myself to spend $1000+ on a bag though there are many I drool over!!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe you should check out the Purse Forum. lol

laniwrevhn

Rough_Rock
Re: How many purses are considered

I currently have 24. Just bought another. Sometimes hubby says "you have enough". But if I really like another he will get it. I think that there are several factors I would think. Like budget, amount being spent, space for storage, etc.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Re: How many purses are considered

In my book there is no such thing as too many purses, shoes, or jewelry pieces. At last count, I had over 50 purses and over 100 pairs of shoes. Many of these were ones my mom bought for me in high school and college, and I've taken good care of them, so they've lasted 10+ years.

However, I have recently gone through my closet and tried to gather up things I haven't used in a while for donation. I definitely use some of my purses more than others as my sense of style evolves. Same with shoes. I've also tried to focus on quality over quantity with buying new pieces, whereas in the past I would by fun items for $30 or so, and that's how I amassed such a huge collection without breaking the bank.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Re:

gemgirl|1275083298|2593253 said:
I probably have about 30 now, and that''s after selling a half dozen on eBay.  When I get dressed up, I like to coordinate my handbags to my shoes and outfit.

This!!! I know the old adage that you should match your purse and shoes has kind of gone out the window, but my sense of style is quite traditional and I really like matching.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results