shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me some Van Craeynest!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really sorry, LIB! Have you called them to ask them to take your picture or pictures down? I am assuming they have not looked at their FB page at this point. They don't seem to post on there very often. I'd definitely call.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LiB sorry you're upset over their use of your photos. I saw your post on their FB wall. What do you mean it's not their ring? Aren't they still VCs?

I have a Q: has anything changed because it's been bought by a new company? The new company is just a few miles away from my partner's residence. I want to go pay em a visit and just gawk and enjoy the scenery in their display cases….

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
The new company is Van Craeynest San Francisco. The old one was Van Craeynest Inc. The names are similar but they are not the same company. The naming I think, was deliberate and misleading. The new company only has one original jeweler from the original Van Craeynest Inc, and he's the one who made the jeweled egg.

The rings in my photo that Van Craeynest SF stole and posted were not made by the jeweler who moved with the company. This I know for a fact because I met the jewelers who made these rings on a visit in 2008, and those jewelers are not currently with the company in Redlands. But even if they were made by the same jeweler who moved to Redlands, it would have been done so before the new company was formed. For them to go back years ago, and steal a photo like that to post it as their own? They're even more delusional that I gave them credit for. Emerson & Farrar bought the assets of a company, not the rights to everything associated with Van Craeynest in the history of the world, and especially not pictures of my jewelry.

madelise|1376447155|3502542 said:
LiB sorry you're upset over their use of your photos. I saw your post on their FB wall. What do you mean it's not their ring? Aren't they still VCs?

I have a Q: has anything changed because it's been bought by a new company? The new company is just a few miles away from my partner's residence. I want to go pay em a visit and just gawk and enjoy the scenery in their display cases….

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hi Diamondseeker! Thanks, I did not call them, but they have removed my pic from their FB and IG. It's still up on Twitter but it has been requested of them to delete it.

diamondseeker2006|1376409373|3502142 said:
I am really sorry, LIB! Have you called them to ask them to take your picture or pictures down? I am assuming they have not looked at their FB page at this point. They don't seem to post on there very often. I'd definitely call.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Well...

:praise: :saint: :naughty:

angeline|1376397903|3502023 said:
Love in Bloom|1376382289|3501962 said:
Thanks Angeline. I'm glad we had time to enjoy original VC on PS before this dishonest scum came along. He thinks it's okay to steal pics and mislead consumers!

Anyway, how have you been? I have a secret to tell you... :twirl:

Oooohhhh, I can only guess!!! Do you have my email still? I'm in Australia now :( and :)

So do tell!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hi IE_Princess! I don't see legal action as necessary at this point. But I certainly will pursue them legally if it becomes a recurring problem. The son Paul made a comment to try and discredit me just before he deleted the photo from their FB page. I think he deleted it not out of respect of any kind, but because people recognized my photo and it was bad PR for them on their own page. And here's where it got creepier. Van Craeynest SF stalked my Father-in-Law and sent him a message. The whole situation was very contrived and inappropriate.

And knowing this I'm still dumbfounded at your awful experience with Emerson & Farrar. That's definitely some shady business!

Oh and I have found some really wonderful estate VC pieces through Craigslist and estate jewelers. I only buy ones that aren't associated with E&F or the new company in Redlands. I refer to them as "conflict free" :praise:
There is hope, and it's a fun hunt in that secondary market!

IE_Princess|1376402444|3502067 said:
Wow, this is so not okay!

I'm so sad that the company was sold; I didn't find VC until after this happened, because DH happened to see the pieces at Emerson Farrar. But now I am limited to the secondary market which makes it very hard to get what I want.

Can you pursue legal action?

Love in Bloom|1376371446|3501916 said:
Paul Emerson and his "team" are posting my photos on social media. Such a lame move, especially since that ring was purchased well before the company was acquired. Just to be clear, I don't mind people sharing my photos if they like my jewelry. But I do mind when a vendor steals my images and then uses the stolen images on various other sites to self promote. It violates forum policy rule 11 under: Common Sense

"11.You will not copy and retransmit any information out of these forums without first getting the permission of the original author of the message. The only exception can be using the materials for solely educational purposes with appropriate acknowledgement."

Shame on you VanCraeynest! :nono: :nono: :nono: (who isn't even in San Francisco anymore!)

Van Craeynest, San Francisco - You do not have permission to use any of my photos EVER.

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Silly question - can Van Craeynest bands be bought online?

I'm interested in maybe acquiring one (or something of similar engraving style) for my wedding band eventually. My e-ring is (although I don't have it yet) 18k rose gold.

Does anything else exist that is similar in styling?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lin_ny|1376924649|3505940 said:
Silly question - can Van Craeynest bands be bought online?

I'm interested in maybe acquiring one (or something of similar engraving style) for my wedding band eventually. My e-ring is (although I don't have it yet) 18k rose gold.

Does anything else exist that is similar in styling?

Yes, they can be bought through any jeweler who sells Van Craeynest. Just go to the website and see if there is a store near you, or call VC directly. You can order by phone, just not by the internet.

http://www.vancraeynest.com/

A rose gold VC ring would be absolutely gorgeous! I know of nothing that even compares. The fact that the original dies from the early 1900's are used means they are absolutely authentic antique designs and just the carving and engraving is done now.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trillium|1376919079|3505880 said:
I usually don't post, preferring to quietly enjoy the loveliness, but saw this and thought it was too nice a deal on a VC not to pass on!

a small stone, but great setting! style 1004 current pricing on the setting is $7K- $8K I think....

http://www.brilliantearth.com/The-Riley-Ring-Gold-BBSL797632/ riley_top_0.jpg

Well that was VERY sweet of you to post this, and even more amazing that you recognized the ring! I couldn't resist ordering it as I'd never be able to pay that much for a new one! I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep it, primarily based on condition. It does look like it is in great condition, though! I'll post pics when it comes! Thank you so much for sharing this! :bigsmile:

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1376924898|3505944 said:
Yes, they can be bought through any jeweler who sells Van Craeynest. Just go to the website and see if there is a store near you, or call VC directly. You can order by phone, just not by the internet.

http://www.vancraeynest.com/

A rose gold VC ring would be absolutely gorgeous! I know of nothing that even compares. The fact that the original dies from the early 1900's are used means they are absolutely authentic antique designs and just the carving and engraving is done now.
Thanks for the speedy reply!! :))

I've e-mailed them to see if they even ship to Canada. I know I love the intricacies of these bands but I'm unsure the style would suit my e-ring? Seems as though most styles have almost a brushed/matte appearance whereas my ring has a plain, polished shank. Reminder of my setting:

I absolutely LOVE bastetcat's stack with her new OEC and I didn't even clue in to VC bands before I saw hers. Hope she doesn't mind me posting a pic!

Her VC band seems to really go nicely with her plain shank e-ring. Oh, and the milgrain diamond band too!!! I'm thinking perhaps I will need 2 stacking bands for sure. Yes, definitely 2. :lol:

mixset4.jpg

gallery.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bastecat's set is one of my favorites on PS! I think the reason she can wear those two bands is because her e-ring shank IS plain. It would be overkill, IMO, if the e-ring was too detailed. So yes, I think you could have the same look!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh DS I'm so excited you snatched that beauty up!! I can't wait to see your pictures.

And Lin, a RG VC band would be so amazing. I'm jealous already!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1376930767|3506014 said:
Oh DS I'm so excited you snatched that beauty up!! I can't wait to see your pictures.

And Lin, a RG VC band would be so amazing. I'm jealous already!

Thanks, Rosebloom! I pretty much can tell milgrain is worn off, so I'll need to see if they can do the rehab on it. But I need to see the condition first. I hope it is worth keeping!

Trillium

Rough_Rock
Well that was VERY sweet of you to post this, and even more amazing that you recognized the ring! I couldn't resist ordering it as I'd never be able to pay that much for a new one! I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep it, primarily based on condition. It does look like it is in great condition, though! I'll post pics when it comes! Thank you so much for sharing this! :bigsmile:[/quote]

diamondseeker2006,

So glad you bought the ring! I had it in my cart for a day or two, but decided I really don't need another pretty vintage ring sitting in my jewelry box unworn. It was such a great deal and hard to resist, though! I hope VC can rehab it for you a ndf maybe add tiny stones to the center of the flowers? Glad it went to a PSer so I can see pics of it again!

Someday I'll have to get motivated and take photos of my bling. I've been collecting vintage rings for 10 or 15 yrs now...

Trilly

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trillium|1376944063|3506123 said:
Well that was VERY sweet of you to post this, and even more amazing that you recognized the ring! I couldn't resist ordering it as I'd never be able to pay that much for a new one! I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep it, primarily based on condition. It does look like it is in great condition, though! I'll post pics when it comes! Thank you so much for sharing this! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006,

So glad you bought the ring! I had it in my cart for a day or two, but decided I really don't need another pretty vintage ring sitting in my jewelry box unworn. It was such a great deal and hard to resist, though! I hope VC can rehab it for you a ndf maybe add tiny stones to the center of the flowers? Glad it went to a PSer so I can see pics of it again!

Someday I'll have to get motivated and take photos of my bling. I've been collecting vintage rings for 10 or 15 yrs now...

Trilly[/quote]

I totally know what you mean about buying things that won't be worn! I am risking that very thing with this purchase, but I won't keep it unless it can be rehabbed. Now we REALLY need a thread on your vintage rings!!! So please try to do that!!

Thanks again and I'll update when I get the ring and find out about the rehab prospects!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just an update....I contacted VC about rehab for that ring, and I have decided that there are several things that need to be redone in order to restore the ring to close to original condition, and that would cost more than the ring itself. I think the ring is a great buy for someone who is happy with it in it's current loved condition, but I just love the intricate detail of VC pieces and would want it restored. And if I am spending that amount, I think I would rather apply the money toward one of the rings I would really want more, like my platinum 484 or a band! So I am not sure if they have already shipped, but I plan to cancel in case anyone else is interested. I just realized after comparing it to some pictures of newly made ones that it needed more work than I really want to do.

krasavka

Rough_Rock
Hi! How much did Larry quote you for this setting (1030) ? I love it!!!

melz

Shiny_Rock
Hello all ... I've been appreciating this thread for awhile now and have gone through every single one of these pages! I came across a band that I think is a great deal, really lovely, and thought someone here might be interested. I'm not a yellow gold girl or I'd be mighty tempted.

http://www.diannesestatejewelry.com/index.php?id=2421

They have the matching engagement ring for sale too, but I don't think that's such a deal.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Melz|1379082742|3520055 said:
Hello all ... I've been appreciating this thread for awhile now and have gone through every single one of these pages! I came across a band that I think is a great deal, really lovely, and thought someone here might be interested. I'm not a yellow gold girl or I'd be mighty tempted.

http://www.diannesestatejewelry.com/index.php?id=2421

They have the matching engagement ring for sale too, but I don't think that's such a deal.

Nice of you to link this. I can't see a size anywhere can you?

melz

Shiny_Rock
I do not either. Looks to be sizable? Within limits maybe, I don't know.

melz

Shiny_Rock
6 3/4

sparks1007

Shiny_Rock
Hi! Quick question. What should I expect to pay for something like the 484 setting?

Thanks!

melz

Shiny_Rock
I have a recent quote in platinum with non-standard prongs for $3610.

ETA: this is for the smaller version

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Small version is generally for stones under a carat. The larger 484 is going to be over $4k.

melz

Shiny_Rock
DS, I was told the setting size did not relate to stone size. Is the idea that a stone over 1 ct will overwhelm the smaller setting?

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thought I'd add my new 484 for prosperity's sake

_10291.jpg

_10292.jpg

_10293.jpg

_10294.jpg

melz

Shiny_Rock
:appl: :appl: Yellow gold and blue sapphire is a stunning combination for VC.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Melz|1379880149|3525330 said:
DS, I was told the setting size did not relate to stone size. Is the idea that a stone over 1 ct will overwhelm the smaller setting?

I am uncertain why they would tell you that. I think the base of the head is obviously going to be larger for larger stones, and the shank width matters for that reason. I can only tell you that in my earlier questioning about the 484, I was told that stones under a carat fit best in the small and stones above a carat fit better in the large. And I believe that to be true after seeing many of the rings. I suppose a 1 ct stone could go either way, but I'd want the large for anything above a carat.

Here's a picture showing you what I mean. The ring Athena just posted is the small version.

vc_rings_484.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results