color
clarity

Show me some Van Craeynest!

VanCraeynest

Rough_Rock
Trade
sixbillionstars|1344623655|3249262 said:
Aeolianarpa|1344621420|3249248 said:
DS, sorry for the delay! The ring is platinum and cost $2800 with the #4 head. 4 prong would have been $2650 and the small version was $2390 (just had to check that up -- this was pricing with Emerson and Farrar, they seem to have the best pricing of all the vendors). Ah, I understand the need for an old-style stone, I was initially gunning for an AVR for this, but as luck would have it, GOG didn't have the kind of size/color I was looking for so: I asked for an oldie transitional. The Polygon search was run with AVR stats in mind so the end result is 95% of the joy of an AVR and a considerably smaller hole in my pocket. :)

Here's the vid for this (center stone all the way through, AVR on right then left for the window). Hope that enables, I mean, helps! :razz:

Aeolianarpa, WOW, I love all your VC pieces!!!!!

Hmmmm, that quote actually sounds doable! I've been hesitate to ask about VC pricing bc I thought they were exorbitantly expensive. I was quoted 15k for #1021 so I was a little scared! :???:

I'm going to email Emerson and Farrar for some quotes!

1021 Fans,
Just to clear things up the 1021 comes in three sizes. It ranges in price from $8700-12,740 Gold to Platinum.

The $12,740 is for stones 2-3ct in Platinum.

All the best,

Paul Emerson II
Van Craeynest

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VanCraeynest|1346282370|3259478 said:
diamondseeker2006|1346270967|3259356 said:
The diamond I want to set is .80, so I assume it will fit that particular size pendant. My only qualm is that I know I'd love an AVR or AVC in it even more, so that is part of my indecision. Yet I do want to reset the family stone. So I am not sure what I will do yet! I think if you wanted to use an AVC, it would have to be one of the more rounded cushions. I really think the AVR would work better.

That drawing you posted makes me remember why I want the pendant and why VC is very special jewelry! I think I am going to do it but I need to decide what stone to put in it!!!

Hi DS,

We do have a two-tone D61 with a Ceylon Sapphire center. I will try to take some pics and post for you.

All the best,

Paul Emerson II
Van Craeynest

Oh, that would be wonderful!! Sapphires are my favorite colored gemstone!

I would encourage everyone to get up to date pricing. Prices have fluctuated over the last couple of years and I am encouraged with the current pricing.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some very gorgeous Van Craeynest pendants, courtesy of Paul Emerson!
(from left to right: D36. D290. D32. D38. D290. D61)

vcpendantsd36.jpg

vcd61.jpg

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Paul and DS, thank you so much for the pictures! I think I am going to pass out. :love: :love:

D61 appears more blingy than the previous pictures I've seen, in which the prongs are plain and there is no milgraining.
Or do I just have poor eyesight? :loopy:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cookie|1346815015|3262466 said:
Wow, Paul and DS, thank you so much for the pictures! I think I am going to pass out. :love: :love:

D61 appears more blingy than the previous pictures I've seen, in which the prongs are plain and there is no milgraining.
Or do I just have poor eyesight? :loopy:

Yes, this D61 not only has the milgrain prongs but it also has the diamonds in the setting.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
I found a couple more pictures of D290, and a gorgeous pair of leaf earrings, which *I think* are made by VC. Just want to share!
;))

vc_pendant_d290_2.jpg

vc_pendant_d290_3.jpg

earrings_6.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I have seen the leaf earrings, too! I love D290, but I have a .80 stone I want to set in something and that pendant takes a smaller stone. I am just not sure what I want to do with that.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Your 0.8ct diamond would fit in both D32 and D61. D32 takes a 0.4ct~1ct diamond. Maybe even D290 can be slightly modified to fit a 0.8ct. To me, D290 doesn't seem to be carved/chased/pierced, so it may allow room for size adjustment.

VC said D32 would be quite a bit more expensive than D61. I assumed he was comparing D32 to the plain version of D61 (no extra diamonds, no milgraining), but I am not sure after seeing Paul's pictures.

I've been going back and forth many times between D32, D61, D290, D70, as well as Love In Bloom's beautiful heart pendant. Since I cannot decide at all, I think I might get a necklace first, with little pretty flowers evenly distributed, all the way around. Not sure if VC does necklace, but I will ask when the time comes. 8)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cookie|1346943167|3263117 said:
Your 0.8ct diamond would fit in both D32 and D61. D32 takes a 0.4ct~1ct diamond. Maybe even D290 can be slightly modified to fit a 0.8ct. To me, D290 doesn't seem to be carved/chased/pierced, so it may allow room for size adjustment.

VC said D32 would be quite a bit more expensive than D61. I assumed he was comparing D32 to the plain version of D61 (no extra diamonds, no milgraining), but I am not sure after seeing Paul's pictures.

I've been going back and forth many times between D32, D61, D290, D70, as well as Love In Bloom's beautiful heart pendant. Since I cannot decide at all, I think I might get a necklace first, with little pretty flowers evenly distributed, all the way around. Not sure if VC does necklace, but I will ask when the time comes. 8)

Yes, I got quotes on D61 and D32, and D32 is more expensive due to the carving/chasing, etc. D32 comes in 2 sizes depending on the stone size. That is the smaller version in rose gold above, and I believe Paul said it is a .60 diamond. The D61 in the pictures has the diamonds and gold flowers on platinum (I think), so that is an extra charge. They quoted me on a heart with diamond border, and I knew from that quote that the plain version would still be higher than I could manage. The pendants are actually more than the ring I am considering, so right now the ring is probably ahead on my wishlist.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cookie, I found 558! I am dying to see your ring with the AVC's!!! :appl:

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Here are a couple pictures of my new band. The delicate flowers and the sparkly AVC's are blinding my camera.. these are the best I could do for now. The band is about 5mm wide on the top, and tapers to about 2.8mm at the bottom. The bottom half of the shank is actually a surprisingly comfortable knife edge.

1_14.jpg

2_61.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, wow! AVC's are perfect in that band! It is beautiful! :love: Is that rose gold? I think you were talking about doing it in rose gold. The color looks soft and pretty! Now you need the flower studs to go with the ring!

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, DS! It's 14K red gold. I was thinking about doing 18K rose gold, but VC actually doesn't do rose gold. They use red gold instead. Between 18K and 14K red gold, Larry said he prefers 14K, so I went with that. I was a little nervous as I never saw red gold before, but it came out beautifully. It's a very soft and feminine color. I will probably stick to red gold from now on. I will think about earrings. :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Red, pink, rose! Funny that there are so many names for this family of gold color! But I think it is lovely! I imagine the 14k makes it a softer color than 18k. Larry certainly has the expertise to know what is best for these pieces!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some beautiful samples of 484 came my way today! I will order in platinum, but they had the e-ring in 18k yg. I tried the 484 matching band, but I think I really like my Legacy band with it a lot!!! Many thanks to Paul Emerson for all his help!

img_93.jpg

img_94.jpg

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful pieces everyone, thank you for sharing! I have the 917 band in 18k rose gold with diamonds and I just adore it. =)

image-1106569560.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cookie, your ring is absolutely gorgeous and I love the red gold! It's such a soft color (i.e. I don't think "red" when I see it, in a good way).

DS, the rings look amazing on your hand! I don't envy you the decisions you have to make! Looking forward to seeing what you select.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksmom|1347479694|3266981 said:
Beautiful pieces everyone, thank you for sharing! I have the 917 band in 18k rose gold with diamonds and I just adore it. =)

Wow, that is gorgeous and perfect with your cushion!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: I truly love that combination!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yennyfire|1347479829|3266986 said:
Cookie, your ring is absolutely gorgeous and I love the red gold! It's such a soft color (i.e. I don't think "red" when I see it, in a good way).

DS, the rings look amazing on your hand! I don't envy you the decisions you have to make! Looking forward to seeing what you select.

Thanks, Yenny!

ksmom

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1347484697|3267045 said:
ksmom|1347479694|3266981 said:

Wow, that is gorgeous and perfect with your cushion!!! :love: :love: :love: :appl: :appl: :appl: I truly love that combination!

Thank you DS! I also love the combination of your legacy band and the 484, a match made in heaven! Can't wait to see your finished ring, and I agree with you the Paul and VC are just wonderful to work with.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, yennyfire! The red gold doesn't look that red to me either! ;)) However, when it sits next to my hubby's 18K YG ring, it does look quite red. I will try to get a picture of them side by side later. I am glad I went with 14K, because 18K is supposedly less red.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cookie|1347560708|3267641 said:
Thank you, yennyfire! The red gold doesn't look that red to me either! ;)) However, when it sits next to my hubby's 18K YG ring, it does look quite red. I will try to get a picture of them side by side later. I am glad I went with 14K, because 18K is supposedly less red.

When I was talking to Paul this week, he told me that the 14k, of course, has less yg and more copper, giving it more red. Whereas with 18k, you have more yg and less of the copper making it have more gold appearance.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cookie, I replied in the other thread, but Paul didn't give me any kind of indication like that when I spoke with him. Do you just think Larry just worries?

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
DS, it's too late for me to edit my previous posts, but I've reported concern to the Admin, asking for my previous posts to be removed.

I told Paul I would post again to clarify things up. He didn't object to it, so I thought it would be fine. Now I think of it, I probably shouldn't talk about other people's business plan in public. Anyway, I hope the Admin could delete my posts soon.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
KS mom - I know we've seen your ER, but you need a new thread with all 3 rings!!!!!

famke

Rough_Rock
FYI..... If and when the Company is moved to Redlands, CA ....you can basically kiss The Van Craeynest line as we know it,
GOOD-BYE.....without Larry ....the quality will definitely be compromised....soo, hang on to your original Die Struck pieces,
because they will be worth a fortune.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Famke, I agree. Quite frankly, nobody will ever uphold the artistry and craftsmanship of the true Van Craeynest family like Larry has. I hate to see this company (for lack of more accurate words) BASTARDIZED as is being done now, under the claim of merging families. What a crock! It appears only few people actually acknowledge this fact...It is so obvious the direction the company has taken under this new "command" and I'm thankful to have known Larry and to have experienced true Van Craeynest quality before the company was stripped and destroyed.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamondseeker, your choice of ring is beautiful, really beautiful and goes with your band perfectly. But don't you all think its odd that all this beauty is reduced to numbers, like "484?" :lol: If so, they should be numbers like infinity, Pi, one and other unique numbers (then again, I guess every number is unique, isn't it?)

VanCraeynest

Rough_Rock
Trade
famke|1347997130|3270380 said:
FYI..... If and when the Company is moved to Redlands, CA ....you can basically kiss The Van Craeynest line as we know it,
GOOD-BYE.....without Larry ....the quality will definitely be compromised....soo, hang on to your original Die Struck pieces,
because they will be worth a fortune.

Dear Van Craeynest fans,

There are more choices, better quality (zoom in on the claw prongs we do today vs what was done in the past 30 years) and more die struck pieces being produced today then in the past 10 years. Had I not bought VC today it would be shuttered.

We will always continue to produce die struck pieces.

This art is here to stay.

Paul Emerson II
Zealot
Van Craeynest

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results