shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me real life perspective shots of tennis bracelets

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
@JPie meet me over at the thread “...Jewelry purchases/things you’re considering...” I found one for you.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny you mention it, I went to an Indian bangles website to learn how to properly measure my wrist. Yep, cursing and heart palpitating while getting it on!
I’m glad you got it on! It looks great!
I have a 2.25” jadeite bangle but honestly it’s a big too loose and slides on and off super easily. I wouldn’t trust wearing a diamond bangle that diameter in case it came off accidentally while taking off a jacket or something which has happened with my jade bangle on occasion. But it’s so bulky that I notice it immediately.

If he ever lists a 2” diameter bangle though....hehe

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While I not have any of the tennis bracelets I once owned; I've kept this bangle of yore. I think it was the first price I bought from Wink. Terrible picture but it is a sparkle bomb.

bangle.jpg bangle.jpg

Oh this is just gorgeous @canuk-gal! I'm glad you kept this one! :D

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am back with my upgrade from two posts ago (lol). HPD: 5.67ctw, F/G, VS, platinum, four prong (with round-ish look.) This size is so much more "me." IMG_3250.jpg IMG_3299.jpg IMG_3248.jpg

Beautiful bracelet. Love this size and fit on you. Do you mind sharing the size of your wrist and the size of the bracelet? Was this special order or a stock bracelet?

daisygrl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful bracelet. Love this size and fit on you. Do you mind sharing the size of your wrist and the size of the bracelet? Was this special order or a stock bracelet?

Thank you!
My wrists are tiny, about 5.75", bracelet about 6.5" (a bit big but I prefer it that way). I believe it was a special order as I had to wait 3 weeks for it.

tenshix

Rough_Rock
Hi!
I'd like to add pictures of my 20 points tennis bracelet. 30 diamonds, totalling 6 carats. I usually wear it on my right wrist. But also added a picture which i had just taken to show the bracelet on my left wrist together with my watch. :shifty:

_21490.jpg

_21491.jpg

Hi @mcblohe ! I know this is a super old post but I love the setting of your tennis bracelet so much! I love the very rounded look with minimal metal. May I ask what type of setting this is called? Is it also 4 prongs but set North-South-East-West? Sorry if that’s not the right terminology, I haven’t seen that type of setting before in a tennis bracelet.

May I also ask where you purchased it from?

Also for everyone else who wears their tennis bracelets daily, do you think the type of metal plays a big role here? I can’t decide if I should go with 14k/18k WG or platinum. I’m not sure what the durability implications are like for a tennis bracelet worn daily. Besides regular housework my job is in front of a computer so I wouldn’t be very rough with it.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @mcblohe ! I know this is a super old post but I love the setting of your tennis bracelet so much! I love the very rounded look with minimal metal. May I ask what type of setting this is called? Is it also 4 prongs but set North-South-East-West? Sorry if that’s not the right terminology, I haven’t seen that type of setting before in a tennis bracelet.

Also for everyone else who wears their tennis bracelets daily, do you think the type of metal plays a big role here? I can’t decide if I should go with 14k/18k WG or platinum. I’m not sure what the durability implications are like for a tennis bracelet worn daily. Besides regular housework my job is in front of a computer so I wouldn’t be very rough with it.

This is a total coincidence, but I was reading a very old thread yesterday about tennis bracelets, and a jeweler posted this about metals:

BraceletMetals.jpg

JustinL

Rough_Rock
5ct 6.5inches length. I like the way it set is like a line of fire. 8A738C47-0E98-4440-B281-510AB6E5306E.jpeg

Attachments

• 4FEFADF3-4C6C-42CD-BD1D-5AAA95D97510.jpeg
    4FEFADF3-4C6C-42CD-BD1D-5AAA95D97510.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 0E54034F-166F-4CA6-9D48-A961AA3ABBC6.jpeg
    0E54034F-166F-4CA6-9D48-A961AA3ABBC6.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 66

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Wow LLJs mom! It's a stunner :love:
Can I ask if you are still enjoying your bracelets setting? I'm looking for a bracelet, but struggling to find the perfect setting which is sturdy and makes the stones look round without being bezel set.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

R

Thanks again for sending me to this thread, @RosieR - what you said above is exactly what I want!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I have a 14k WG setting and it’s light and easy. I easily forget it’s on. I think platinum would be great too if you like feeling it on. I don’t know about durability either because I do like you, desk work and indoor house work. I don’t garden or do much heavy labor. I didn’t wear it when running though, but yes for other work outs. I think it matters how loose your bracelet is. If it dangles long there is a greater chance of it getting hooked on something, and then damaged.

oops sorry. I’m not @mcblohe

tenshix

Rough_Rock
I have a 14k WG setting and it’s light and easy. I easily forget it’s on. I think platinum would be great too if you like feeling it on. I don’t know about durability either because I do like you, desk work and indoor house work. I don’t garden or do much heavy labor. I didn’t wear it when running though, but yes for other work outs. I think it matters how loose your bracelet is. If it dangles long there is a greater chance of it getting hooked on something, and then damaged.

oops sorry. I’m not @mcblohe

Thank you so much for your input @LLJsmom !! The metal question was directed at anyone so it really helps to hear your experience. All the jewelers so far recommend 14k for everyday wear since they say it’s “stronger” and will bend less, plus the lighter weight is a plus unless you prefer it to feel heavier. I’m still asking them if a nickel allergy will be an issue because that’s also a concern for me. I know all WG is rhodium plated but when the plating wears off if worn daily I don’t want to deal with having a rash on my arm. None of the jewelers I spoke to recommended platinum, seems like if it’s too heavy they also worry about the bracelet potentially falling off if the clasps get worn out. I wonder if any PSers here have had any experience with that.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I know this thread is pretty old, but I spent a lot of time on it before I bought this bracelet and thought I'd contribute to it! I also rarely see a tennis bracelet next to an Apple Watch, so just in case anyone else was thinking of it, I thought I'd post.

Bracelet is a 6tcw purchased from WF. I LOVE it!! You can definitely tell that the stones are excellent quality and each little prong is perfect.
IMG_7464.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this thread is pretty old, but I spent a lot of time on it before I bought this bracelet and thought I'd contribute to it! I also rarely see a tennis bracelet next to an Apple Watch, so just in case anyone else was thinking of it, I thought I'd post.

Bracelet is a 6tcw purchased from WF. I LOVE it!! You can definitely tell that the stones are excellent quality and each little prong is perfect.
IMG_7464.jpg

It is beautiful - congrats! Love it!!

tenshix

Rough_Rock

IMG_7464.jpg

Stunning!! The perfect size too, just the right amount of bling for me. Do you find your bracelet will go under the Apple Watch as you’re moving around or does it just sit nicely next to each other most of the time?

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
It’s perfect! What size stones??? I think it looks just right for everyday!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

IMG_7464.jpg

Love this!

@icy_jade look at this three prong setting!

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!! The perfect size too, just the right amount of bling for me. Do you find your bracelet will go under the Apple Watch as you’re moving around or does it just sit nicely next to each other most of the time?

It sometimes gets stuck under the crown of the watch but just a little. I spend most of my day sitting at a desk so it isn’t too bothersome.

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
This thread was super helpful and instrumental in helping me find my tennis bracelet so I wanted to add mine to the thread –

DEF VS Ideal Cut diamonds, 12-13 pointers (3.25mm), about 5.6 ctw. 14k white gold.

Please disregard the indentations on my wrist!! I was playing around with different ways of wearing the bracelet including pushing it up on my arm. :razz:
20210925_140625.jpg

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
This thread was super helpful and instrumental in helping me find my tennis bracelet so I wanted to add mine to the thread –

DEF VS Ideal Cut diamonds, 12-13 pointers (3.25mm), about 5.6 ctw. 14k white gold.

Please disregard the indentations on my wrist!! I was playing around with different ways of wearing the bracelet including pushing it up on my arm. :razz:
20210925_140625.jpg

Its beautiful!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

20210925_140625.jpg

Congratulations it looks gorgeous on you.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for your input @LLJsmom !! The metal question was directed at anyone so it really helps to hear your experience. All the jewelers so far recommend 14k for everyday wear since they say it’s “stronger” and will bend less, plus the lighter weight is a plus unless you prefer it to feel heavier. I’m still asking them if a nickel allergy will be an issue because that’s also a concern for me. I know all WG is rhodium plated but when the plating wears off if worn daily I don’t want to deal with having a rash on my arm. None of the jewelers I spoke to recommended platinum, seems like if it’s too heavy they also worry about the bracelet potentially falling off if the clasps get worn out. I wonder if any PSers here have had any experience with that.
If you have nickel allergies, you’d definitely have to get a special order of palladium white gold with no nickel. That likely would cost so close to platinum that it would make more sense to just get platinum. Prongs will wear down on gold over the years and not so much on platinum.

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
@Mlh obsessed with this bracelet! tell us more :)

Thank you so much @klrrrr !! All I know is that it was made in Italy, at least 18k and approx. 3cts. It was an inherited gift from my late cousin who designed jewelry. I should get it appraised. So sweet of you to ask!!

tenshix

Rough_Rock
If you have nickel allergies, you’d definitely have to get a special order of palladium white gold with no nickel. That likely would cost so close to platinum that it would make more sense to just get platinum. Prongs will wear down on gold over the years and not so much on platinum.

Thank you for your input!! I’m leaning towards platinum as well, I think I’m going to stick to it. Also random comment but I’ve been seeing your posts on the VCA thread on TPF since I recognized your avatar photo, just wanted to say hi here as well! Lol

rae-

Rough_Rock
Thanks sarahb, princessfeedme and LLJsmom for your lovely compliments! :appl:

princessfeedme, i love my vintage AP too :love:
i don't wear anything else with my watch as I'm afraid I may scratch it. So i only wore it together for the photo, to show perspective of the bracelet with a watch :)

I've attached more real life perspective of my bracelet. I had a 4 pts, then a 10 pts, and now this 20 pts bracelet. I find the size ok and not too blingy :lol: I'm comfortable with wearing this everyday and have received lots of compliments on it, much more than other pieces of jewellery i've worn. The way the stones are set further apart, means I don't need too many stones, and only 30 diamonds. It's a 6 inch bracelet.

LLJsmom, go as big as you can, you won't regret it ! :drool:
I'm in my 40s too and will foresee having to lengthen it as i grow 'bigger'!

_21542.jpg

_21543.jpg

hello @mcblothe, this is such an old thread but you have a really lovely tennis bracelet there!! :kiss2::kiss2::love::love: would you be able to share where you got them from? thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results