shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I give her an heirloom ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iceman72

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 4:58:46 PM
Author: oshinbreez
If you''re going to reset, have you considered the swan?
What''s the swan? PS. I appreciate your help. Ive been told "no pave and no sidestones" so I was thinking more like the link I posted above. I spoke with them at Fina and (of course I need to look in person) - but i got my salesperson to try it on with a wedding band. She said it was only a slight gap, nothing that bothered here or her associates.

Alleyoop

Rough_Rock
I second the vote for the WF legato solitaire. I re-set my heirloom stone in it recently and have been very happy. It is similair to the pics you posted above, but the band sits flush (if it is low enough). My long post with lots of shots if you are interested: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/funny-old-m-n-stone-new-wf-setting.67849/

Good Luck! I think that the reset is a great idea, and a solitaire is always classic and graceful.

iceman72

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/7/2007 5:19:23 PM
Author: Alleyoop
I second the vote for the WF legato solitaire. I re-set my heirloom stone in it recently and have been very happy. It is similair to the pics you posted above, but the band sits flush (if it is low enough). My long post with lots of shots if you are interested: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/funny-old-m-n-stone-new-wf-setting.67849/

Good Luck! I think that the reset is a great idea, and a solitaire is always classic and graceful.
Alley,

Could you send me a link of your setting? I think this might be a possibility, but I saw on their website that they will not sell without a diamond? What was the procedure when you reset yours?

Iceman

Alleyoop

Rough_Rock
Smiley gave you the right link! They had no problem resetting my stone for me. Pretty much just sent them the stone in the old setting with a copy of an appraisal and insurance and they sent it back in the new setting in a pretty box. There was some other paperwork faxing up front, too. I can''t remember if they charged me a setting fee above and beyond the cost of the setting, I don''t think so... but I could check.

I wouldn''t hesitate to do the process again. The 4prongs are lovely, the stone is set pretty low and protected and the legato curves are so beautiful. Really, I couldn''t be happier! More pics with my wedding band: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kate-pearce-wband-the-set-is-complete.71315/

HTH!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Iceman,

The M. Fina setting you posted is lovely and classic, and more interesting than the Tiffany-style setting IMHO. My concern would be with the gap.

The Swan setting that was posted above is lovely. Vatche also makes a "Royal Crown" solitaire setting that is one of my all-time favorites. Here are a couple of links with photos: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-whiteflash-1-222-round-royal-crown.22410/

Mark Morrell''s Flame and Torchiere settings are also stunning: http://www.mwmjewelry.com/#Flame%20(for%20the%20time%20being)%20Solitaire

Best of luck with your decision. With the money you saved on the diamond you should be able to get her a fabulous e-ring setting and wedding band (let her help pick out the wedding band).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How soon are you trying to propose? If you are considering custom and have several weeks, I certainly think the Leon Mege solitaire is the best around. I would have suggested the WF Legato Sleekline, but I also thought they only sold it with their diamonds now. You might want to call them and ask. I love Mark Morrell's Flame ring, too! But custom will take longer for sure.

iceman72

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your suggestions. I do like the WF sleekline, but i would be a little nervous to send the diamond away and have it reset without seeing the setting first hand. These pics on the internet can be deceiving! For instance the pic of the Fina setting:

http://www.michaelcfina.com/ic/mcfina/sections/wedding_engagement_rings/engagement_rings/michael_c_fina_engagement_rings/:product/sku/PL066500000002.html

The pic has a 3 ct. diamond and no side view. In my opinion it doesn''t do justice to it at all. I''m sure it could work the other way though!!

My only problem with Fina is that the settings are all custom made and this will take at least 3 maybe 4 weeks
7.gif
. I kinda wanted to do this sooner than that!

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I actually have a ritani setting similar to the one diamondseeker linked to, but with no pave or extra diamonds. It''s very simple, and it sits flush with any wedding band (that''s part of their selling point).
I''ve attached two from Pearlman''s site - the 27qq1 one is basically mine w/o the little surprise diamond, and I have single prongs.
The 28qqi shows sort of what it would look like with single prongs. Of course I''m at work and can''t remember the exact setting number mine is, and it''s not on Ritani''s site anymore...
But they do carry Ritani at Bailey Banks & Biddle, plus other stores (you can check their website for stores near you).
Mine cost ~1500 in platinum..

Hope that helps. I love my simple solitaire that is very flowing and makes my 1.25 carat diamond pop! I don''t have any good hand shots of my own but will have some soon.

brgirl_ritani.jpg

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
iceman72 - can you update us?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
oops others beat me too it

darn the pic did not work

The Swan is beautiful :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results