clarity

Should I get this paraiba ring?

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would skip it if I were you. Nothing in what you write makes it sound like you're in love with it and that you will regret not buying it.

As for premium, your best bet is to find some comps. I bet you will have difficulty finding something of that clarity at that size and color (with no treatment), but you'll be able to extrapolate from what you do find.

Heck, searching for comps for a moderately included, unfilled paraiba tourmaline of only 2.25 cts a couple years ago was terribly hard, and I had to relying on emailing people who did not sell to the public and asking. Most of the comps I was able to find were filled, even if they looked more clear. I love the color of mine even though I can easily see the inclusions, and hope I'll be able to find a less included but equally glowy and saturated one someday that I can afford.

My experience with Pricescope during that search was that very few people here know a lot about paraiba or paraiba pricing, or paraiba treatment, and to do a lot of your own research and take what people are saying on here with a grain of salt. Paraiba are significantly more rare than most of the gems people on here are trying to buy. You just don't have the sort of selection or ease of comparison that you do for a sapphire or even a spinel. Those on PS who have multiple very nice paraibas often bought them when prices were MUCH lower and recoil from the current prices and availability, which can definitely influence your opinion negatively but which isn't representative of current market realities.

For me, if I had the budget for this item, I would buy it in a heartbeat. I wouldn't even second guess. It looks like a fabulous color and like it is very glowy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results