color
clarity

Should I get a big heated darker blue?

Should I get a big heated darker blue?

• Yes do it, heat is not evil at all, you must complete the collection

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • Don’t be foolish, just wear the existing small one

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Buy a smaller unheated! The size of your stones is getting ridiculous!

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m torn!

I thought I disliked blue but apparently I don’t! Been running around town happily with my giant pastel.

My problem is that my smaller blue was an experimental one that’s small and although I like it, it was an experimental one that I didn’t put much thought into.

So should I add to the collection? Get a bigger heated deeper blue? I can’t afford unheated in the size that I want at it would need to be heated but I’m not sure if I should outlay more money.

I’m a sensible girl who can be reasoned with so should I just peace out and wear my two blues because no one needs a giant dark and light blue sapphire in their collection.

The current blue family:

IMG_0866.jpeg f97bd10a-2cee-4999-b07a-79b7738ec12b.jpeg

I feel like you have a giant light blue (which I lurrrve, BTW) and a smaller dark blue, so I personally would not feel the itch to get a third. I think you have your bases covered now. But only you know whether the intrusive thoughts will persist!
kick-in-nuts.gif

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would say no and put the money towards more red and green stones instead.

DK :))

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mean that light blue is killer (and doesn’t look too light) so I’m inclined to say no…..but I’m gonna say yes for three reasons.
1. I think a big beautiful blueberry would look amazeballs on you (obviously). :mrgreen:
2. I love to ogle your gorgeous giant bling. :kiss2:
3. The small possibility that you’d be sending your smaller blue ring into the preloved market…:evil2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m torn!

I thought I disliked blue but apparently I don’t! Been running around town happily with my giant pastel.

My problem is that my smaller blue was an experimental one that’s small and although I like it, it was an experimental one that I didn’t put much thought into.

So should I add to the collection? Get a bigger heated deeper blue? I can’t afford unheated in the size that I want at it would need to be heated but I’m not sure if I should outlay more money.

I’m a sensible girl who can be reasoned with so should I just peace out and wear my two blues because no one needs a giant dark and light blue sapphire in their collection.

The current blue family:

IMG_0866.jpeg f97bd10a-2cee-4999-b07a-79b7738ec12b.jpeg
1711163047398.jpeg
sorry what was the question again ?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I love that big ole blue ring on you. You in blue...YES!
I love your experimental blue, too.
I just plain love your jewelry.

Should you? :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you should. Maybe a darker blue with some violet? Or with some green? Green can be hard though, it would need to be one that isn't too dark.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like 3ct. in a fine gem is HUGE to me. :lol:

I’ve firmly died on the hill of “If it ain’t big I don’t want it!”

I’m keeping a few of the small rings for practicality but I think I am unlikely to ever buy sub 4 carat again.

Inspiration! Not that I can get anywhere near that big but darn she wears rings that I love!

IMG_0465.png

I’ve firmly died on the hill of “If it ain’t big I don’t want it!”

I’m keeping a few of the small rings for practicality but I think I am unlikely to ever buy sub 4 carat again.

Inspiration! Not that I can get anywhere near that big but darn she wears rings that I love!

IMG_0465.png

Don't get me wrong... I'm a firm believer in bigger is better! I'd certainly prefer 13ct. over 3ct. every single day of the week. What I can afford is another story. :boohoo:

That ring (and woman) is stunning!!

Any of you ladies have pictures of your deeper blues that you want to share?

I’m torn!

These ladies don't mess around, so prepare to be enabled!

Mine is but a wee fellow at just over 3ct. compared to your impressive knuckle busters.
nails.gif

Here's Inken's listing that made me fall in love (another PSer passed and I pounced):

Untitled19u201d20.jpg

And here's the ring I designed that she took such great care in executing:

3.03ctSapphirerRing.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Autumn in New England if you’re sitting in a normal room, at night, with normal lights on, is the blue pretty much the same shade?

I haz a distrust of deeper blues! Not yours, just deeper blues in general! I worry they darken! One reads all kinds of heebie jeebies about how they go black or grey.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm I’m balking about heat again. I mean it’s okay right?

Or do I go tasteful smaller deeper blue no heat cuz Bulbasaur is no heat?

Or screw it, big as I can with heat cuz Bulbasaur is unheated?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results