shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT She said YES!

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
Hey, everyone. I was able to speak to my SO's FIL on Saturday about the engagement and he was thrilled (I was really worried about how he would react). Once he and her mom gave me their blessing, I couldn't wait any longer, so I proposed on Sunday when we got back from Georgia. I wrote a four page (five including cover) alternate rhyme scheme poem by hand on white paper, scanned it, and then used Photoshop/Lightroom to add various pictures of us, random but tasteful love quotes/designs, and some memorable things from Harry Potter (her favorite series). I also had to alter the contrast and whatnot a bit to make the text visible. The poem briefly described the path of our relationship and incorporated a few lines from Harry Potter, of course. Each page of the poem was set inside of a small nesting box and in the final box was a replica golden snitch. Inside of the snitch was the phrase, "Will you marry me?". I managed to capture the proposal on video (albeit poorly) using my iPhone. It has a few quirks (the video cut out half way through because it ran out of space), but overall I am pretty happy with it. It was too close to actually see my whole body proposing, but I was able to capture her reaction which is all that matters to me. Here are a couple of hand shots, a link to the proposal video, and a small collage that she made. The ring turned out beautifully and it looks amazing on her hand. She was absolutely stunned and everyone at her work has been ogling it. ;-) I couldn't have done it without the support and help of PS, so thank you so much! It feels great to finally call her my fiance. :D

P.S. I blew up the pages of the poem to letter size, printed them off, and placed them in a scrapbook that I bought. I gave it to her with the ring to use as an engagement book.

ETA: Here are the links to my other threads: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/help-finding-a-diamond-setting-budget-5k.194024/ and [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engagement-ring-finally-arrived.196209/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engagement-ring-finally-arrived.196209/[/URL]

This is the proposal video: http://youtu.be/-7Jk-4N7BH0

This is a short hand shot video of the ring inside (notice that I'm moving the camera while her hand is still and she's reading a book, lol): http://youtu.be/_QdMe3JEchM

And here are the photos:

01df1c1e1d044b1ccd5b6543cfcb6728fa6adaa689.jpg

011293d77841e5f22d4ca589a48f98810f08fb3e1d.jpg

01a7f0d9ac63610bc4f3e8af3680ece24be1d2fd49.jpg

014de021946bb63a43725c1daad2ffa43984285294.jpg

0195201fea9eec2f7291b034f9d1437a98020e1b75.jpg

1476704_10201763379178616_714436320_n.jpg

img_3736.jpg

img_3737.jpg

img_3755.jpg

img_3757.jpg

img_3762.jpg

img_3763.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, AMAZING job! That proposal was so lovely and special. Can you please give my DH tips?

Congrats, the ring is perfection of course. :appl:

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
What a lovely proposal! And the ring you chose is stunning! Your fiancee is a lucky lady!

Congratulations! :appl:

nottospec

Shiny_Rock
Love it, the proposal was gorgeous and the ring amazing!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
It looks perfect on her finger. Congratulations.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, it is beautiful!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations - it looks beautiful on her hand!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful....such a romantic story.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got onto PS this morning and saw the title of your thread first, without seeing the author , and I just KNEW it was yours

I'm not much for the romantic side of things but your proposal sounds adorable!

And as I knew would happen, the ring looks enormous on her beautiful fingers. Just perfection. She must have been beyond thrilled!

Love love love it.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
That's one of the sweetest proposal stories I've heard! Congratulations on your engagement and a gorgeous ring.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, stunning, classic ring! Congrats!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wonderful, congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you both! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watched the whole video with tears streaming down my cheeks! That was just the sweetest thing! Your girl is beautiful and so is the ring! :love: Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats....and that ring is absolutely gorgeous on her finger!!!!!!!

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
1. Congratulations!

2. The ring is gorgeous - just outstanding.

3. What a beautiful couple!!

himni

Shiny_Rock
congrats! the ring looks beautiful and you are so thoughtful!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fun proposal and the ring looks like a million bucks on her hand!

Tell me -- did she suspect the proposal was coming throughout the romantic lead up?

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations :appl: You make an absolutely gorgeous couple!! The ring looks fabulous on her. Wishing you both a lifetime filled with happiness

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much for the kind words, everyone. It's strange. Some people have said that the feeling of being engaged really sinks in once you propose and give your SO the ring, but I don't feel any different. I guess deep down I've always known that she was the one. I feel the same way about her now as I did the day I met her.

Laila - I would be happy to give your DH some tips, but I suspect that he may not need them. ;-) Everyone has their strong points. I may be a romantic at heart, but there are plenty of qualities that I wish I could learn from others. The real challenge is finding someone that counterbalances your qualities, both good and bad. ::)

Niel - I want to give you a special thank you. In my original search, you were the one that convinced me to go back to Ritani. If it wasn't for your input, I probably would've ended up with a different ring and I can't imagine one more perfect than this :D

DS - We had just gotten back from Georgia after a long and full weekend. We came home, changed into more comfortable clothes, and took a minute to relax. I surprised her with the proposal at that point because that is one of the times that she is most beautiful to me. I feel very lucky to be with someone that's as beautiful just hanging out as she is going out. :)

Dreamer - I think she had it in the back of her mind, but I told her that it wasn't what she thought it was. I didn't want her to know for sure until the end. ;))

Congratulations. The proposal was beautiful! Beautiful ring and beautiful bride.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The ring is gorgeous and your proposal is the sweetest ever! Wishing a lifetime of happiness together! Congrats on your engagement!

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Congrats, smilligan!!!!!!! The ring looks beautiful on her hand and what a sweet and thoughtful proposal!! I wish you both nothing but the best! :appl:

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I've LOVED following your "the making of..." thread, and was
SO HAPPY
with the ring you chose !!!
I just knew she'd love it :love: :love: :love:

And that proposal was SO TOUCHING AND WONDERFUL!!!!
I "am" a romantic at heart
and such a sucker for proposals,
and I absolutely ADORE
when guys come back and tell about the happy day !!!

CONGRATULATIONS to a BEAUTIFUL COUPLE !!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
I had to pause and get a tissue....so sweet and she is so happy and so loves the ring

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations. The ring is beautiful!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Whar a romantic story.

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, everyone. :) I'm getting ready for bed, but I just wanted to say Merry Christmas! I hope all of your dreams come true. ;))

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring and amazing proposal!!!! :love: congrats!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results