shape
carat
color
clarity

Engagement ring finally arrived!

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
Hey, all. I finally got to pick up the engagement ring yesterday. I want to say a BIG thank you to PS for being so helpful and supportive along the way. I also want to thank Ritani for their amazing customer service and infinite patience in dealing with me. ;-) Also, Pearlman's for providing great service and giving me a great deal on my custom Ritani ring. I was definitely nervous at first, especially because I wasn't able to see the diamond or the setting, but Julian was able to act as my eyes and he did a great job. Finally, I'd like to thank GOG for their great customer service and for the help that they gave me early on in my search. Anyway, I've taken several photos with my iPhone (I'll post more when I get some better ones). I'm planning to propose sometime in the next two weeks. If I can hold out that long, at least. :D My SO is a huge Harry Potter fan, so for the proposal I wrote a 4 page poem in an alternate rhyme scheme that intertwines the progression of our relationship, my feelings for her, and some significant moments in HP. :cheeky: Basically, it reads like a story and each page is a different "chapter". I've ordered a set of nesting boxes and I'm going to put a page in each of the boxes. The final box will also contain a "Golden Snitch" replica that I ordered. Inside of the snitch are the words "Will you marry me?". By the time she gets to the box holding the snitch, it should be pretty obvious what I intend to ask. Also, I put in some humor just for good measure. :naughty: When she does open the snitch, I'll present the ring and pop the question. I hope to capture it all on video, but it remains to be seen whether or not that will happen. Now, on to the pics! First up is a short video that I uploaded to YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSmaXhGOuV4

And here are some crappy iPhone pics.

img_3225.jpg

img_3220.jpg

img_3201.jpg

img_3186.jpg

img_3176.jpg

img_3102.jpg

img_3082_0.jpg

img_2927.jpg

img_2922.jpg

img_2920.jpg

I'm extremely pleased with how everything turned out. It's even better than I imagined and I know that my SO will love it.

Rebecca0388

Rough_Rock
That proposal sounds awesome!! I love harry potter and that's so beautiful that you have gone to so much effort :)

I know the ring would be burning a hole in your pocket but try not to rush it, I think it would be great if you could film it.

That ring is gorgeous good work!!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! gorgeous.. :appl: :appl: :appl: :love: :love:

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
W :love: W! Beautiful ring! Your fiancee is a lucky girl! :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The ring is gorgeous and the proposal plans sound perfect! :appl: She's going to cherish every minute of it!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lucky girl! Your proposal sounds perfect and well-thought out. She will love it, and the gorgeous ring of course!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Awesome ring and awesome proposal plan!

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It's gorgeous!!!!! I don't know how you're going to hold out for the next two weeks, but good luck! I definitely don't want you to wait 2 weeks because I want to see pictures of that gorgeous ring on her finger! But, Christmas engagements are the best! ( And I am definitely a bit biased :bigsmile: )

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful!! :love:

How do you feel about the gallery? I hope you love how it turned out - I do!!

Your proposal idea sounds amazing!!!! And like other have said, I hope you don't wait too much longer cause I can't wait to see more pics and hear how everything went!! :) :lol:

Congrats!!!! :appl:

SandyCheeks

Brilliant_Rock
That's stunning, she's going to love it!

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone. :D The proposal planning is pretty much complete. The main thing I'm waiting on is talking to her dad. I'll see him in Georgia next week. I already spoke with her mom and she said yes before I even finished, lol.

Momma2boys - I love how the gallery turned out. I'm really happy that I went with the change. :)

shinylizard

Rough_Rock
That is an exquisite ring, and what a proposal idea! :)

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's gorgeous!

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
smilligan|1386753012|3571851 said:
I've ordered a set of nesting boxes and I'm going to put a page in each of the boxes. The final box will also contain a "Golden Snitch" replica that I ordered. Inside of the snitch are the words "Will you marry me?". By the time she gets to the box holding the snitch, it should be pretty obvious what I intend to ask. Also, I put in some humor just for good measure. :naughty: When she does open the snitch, I'll present the ring and pop the question. I hope to capture it all on video, but it remains to be seen whether or not that will happen.

I proposed in exactly this way! Instead of a snitch, I used a jigsaw puzzle, but everything else exactly the same.

My wife-to-be was extremely pleased, and I'm sure you will have similar results.

Best of luck!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
The undercarriage is so pretty! yay! I love it. You did really well!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's amazing! I love Ritani settings. That is some serious finger coverage! :appl:

LOVE the snitch idea! You have put so much thought into the proposal. Have you visited the Harry Potter theme park at Disney? If not, you should take her there!

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the support, everyone. Idk where I would've ended up without the help of PS. Probably in an alley somewhere buying an uncerted "family" e-ring. ;-)

RR - that sounds like an awesome proposal. I hope mine goes as well as yours. :)

Smith - thank you. I fell in love with Ritani rings from the first moment I saw one. They were so helpful and patient in working with me. I ended up using their three stone triple halo ring as a baseline, adding pear side stones for a unique touch, removing the melee from the gallery (she will wear a WB), and drawing up the gallery design. I also had the inside of the shank inscribed with the words "Puzzle Piece", since she always says that we are perfect puzzle pieces. I tried to have a puzzle piece drawn, but the shank was too small. I've never been to HP world myself, but my SO has and she loved it. I definitely want to take her again.

momma2boys

Shiny_Rock
smilligan said:
Thanks, everyone. :D The proposal planning is pretty much complete. The main thing I'm waiting on is talking to her dad. I'll see him in Georgia next week. I already spoke with her mom and she said yes before I even finished, lol.

Momma2boys - I love how the gallery turned out. I'm really happy that I went with the change. :)

YAY!!!! :D :appl:

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I think I got some slightly better macro shots with a loupe. Also, for those of you who don't know about my other thread, the stats on the center are 0.81 ct GIA triple ex. I/SI1. The setting has a tcw of 0.59 and all are G/VS. The ring's tcw is 1.40. Setting is 14k WG (alloyed with palladium).

Here's a pic of the "Puzzle Piece" engraving on the inside of the shank.

image_869.jpg

And here are some macros

image_871.jpg

image_872.jpg

image_873.jpg

image_874.jpg

swtnsxy7

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous!!! :appl: Excellent job, she's going to love it!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just so impressed what you were able to do with your budget. That literally is the perfect size for her hand. You could hardly go bigger for the style and size she is. And you didn't have to compromise on any of the design elements you wanted. Love that and love this ring. So fancy looking.

And I've had a ritani and the melee is very bight. It must be a little fire machine in the sun.

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
It is remarkably stunning! I can't wait to hear how the sweet proposal went :)

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful!! Would love to see the proposal video - please come back and share!

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, everyone. :D

Niel - the ring throws off tons of sparkle and color. It's hard to capture, but it's gorgeous. I'm so happy with how it turned out. When I was looking at "similar" styles in stores, the settings alone were ~7-8k. I'd be happy to post the video if I can get it done correctly. ;-)

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
I took some more photos, lol. I'll post a few of them on here. I've got a couple of "pinky shots", but no hand shots yet. ;-) I'll update with real pictures after the proposal.

photo_1__1__4.jpg

photo_1__2__3.jpg

photo_2_44.jpg

photo_2__1__3.jpg

photo_3_38.jpg

photo_3__1__3.jpg

photo_4__3__0.jpg

photo_5_20.jpg

Sorry for all the pics. Let me know if it's too much. I just can't help myself. :love: Oh, and I'm aware that I have super long fingers. :cheeky:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
smilligan|1386879071|3573073 said:
Thanks, everyone. :D

Niel - the ring throws off tons of sparkle and color. It's hard to capture, but it's gorgeous. I'm so happy with how it turned out. When I was looking at "similar" styles in stores, the settings alone were ~7-8k. I'd be happy to post the video if I can get it done correctly. ;-)
I wouldn't complain against a pic, but don't do it for me lol
I am sure its a sparkle monster.

And yes you're work pays off both in how beautiful it is and how much you really got for your money. :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the proportion of the sides to the center. Well done and love your intricate proposal idea. :))

smilligan

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Niel and minousbijoux! It's definitely not everyone's style, but I know it's hers. She's not a solitaire kinda gal. ;-) And you can thank Ritani for the proportions of the sides vs center. I actually wanted to go bigger on the sides because they sounded too small, but the designer cautioned against it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results