shape
carat
color
clarity

She put me in charge (Vintage e-ring)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eugenewood

Rough_Rock

So, Leigh from antiqueengagementrings.com finally found a stone for me. Here is what he said:

I have a .70 round HVS2 with GIA certificate and
ideal cut:
excellent cut grade
depth 62.1
table 56
polish excellent
symmetry very good
fluorescence none
This stone is $2175
Is this a fair price from what you guys can see? (I already asked for crown and pavilion angles and a copy of the cert). That price seems low compared to WF or GOG or JA... I''m getting close!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Can you get a photo to post here? Also, this is a new RB right? Just clarifying...

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
Good question, I requested RB so I think thats what it is. I will attempt to get a picture.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/7/2007 1:30:07 PM
Author: eugenewood

So, Leigh from antiqueengagementrings.com finally found a stone for me. Here is what he said:

I have a .70 round HVS2 with GIA certificate and
ideal cut:
excellent cut grade
depth 62.1
table 56
polish excellent
symmetry very good
fluorescence none
This stone is $2175

Is this a fair price from what you guys can see? (I already asked for crown and pavilion angles and a copy of the cert). That price seems low compared to WF or GOG or JA... I''m getting close!
Yes, everything so far is good! Just get the crown and pav. angles and you''ll know for sure!

eugenewood

Rough_Rock

Wow, that took forever. Heres the rest of the specs:

HVS2
Excellent cut grade
polish excellent
symmetry very good
table 56
depth 62.1
crown ange 35
crown height 15
pavilion angle40.6
pavilion depth 43
It came out to a .9 in the cut advisor. Any comments? I think I should go for it.

Also, does anyone have any insight into this part of the cert: "Clarity Characteristics: Cloud". Its VS2, so I shouldnt be too concerned right?

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
Alright, its official. I ordered the ring. It came out to $2930, which is under my original budget (amazing). Thanks again for all the help everyone, and I will post pictures when it gets here. Now, the hard part... the proposal. Heres the picture from the website of the one I went with:

ea062007a.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great diamond for a lovely antique ring.
36.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow eugenewood, that is just G O R G E O U S ! And even sweeter because you were under budget
31.gif
. I think if you can spare the remainder of your budget you should get her something with the extra
22.gif
22.gif
22.gif
, hehe.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great use of budget ... PHENOMENAL choices! Please come back & show us the finished product!!! Certain to be a beauty!!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a Beauty!!!!
36.gif
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful choices, I really love that setting!! Please come back with pictures of the ring!!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting! It looks stunning! She will love it.. And again, we will need the story and pictures of the ring on her hand!

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
Alright, it arrived. First of all, the stone is really nice looking. I have some minor gripes about the workmanship, but i guess you get what you pay for. Its way more delicate looking in real life. also, taking good pictures is super hard! Anyway, here are my attempts:

ea06.29.07.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
The center stone looks like a beauty and from what I can tell, the setting looks great. I don''t know what your gripes might be about the workmanship, but if the ring is handmade, it''s bound to have imperfections. You get over them in time.
2.gif
It looks fantastic!

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
Yeah, I guess at the scale they are working at, its hard to be perfect. Also, this might sound dumb but after all the searching online I did the tiny size of the ring kind of shocked me. You get used to looking at closeups!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/20/2007 12:43:03 PM
Author: eugenewood
Alright, its official. I ordered the ring. It came out to $2930, which is under my original budget (amazing).

I think it looks AMAZING! Honestly - it''s the best use of $2930 I''ve ever seen! I hope any workmanship issues are very minor ... some similar settings ALONE are that price, so don''t fret that you could have gotten "more perfect" somehow. It''s GORGEOUS!!!!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it looks beautiful and you really did great for the price. She''s gonna LOVE it...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 9:46:15 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I think it looks beautiful and you really did great for the price. She''s gonna LOVE it...

My first thought was that it looks like it''s worth three times the price you paid, Eugenewood! And that''s probably about what a retail store would have charged you too -- for the same ring!

Great job!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks gorgeous-and I can''t believe the price! Wow! I hope you post handshots after your girlfriend says YES!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2007 9:15:51 PM
Author: FireGoddess
The center stone looks like a beauty and from what I can tell, the setting looks great. I don''t know what your gripes might be about the workmanship, but if the ring is handmade, it''s bound to have imperfections. You get over them in time.
2.gif
It looks fantastic!
Ditto here. The center stone is gorgeous!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful! You did a great job!!!
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wowza, I think it turned out beautifully!!!! The stone is killer and the setting is so beautiful and unique, she is going to be thrilled. Please come back with some handshots after she says yes!

As far as the workmanship goes, this ring has very nice workmanship for the price. The little things like milgrain slightly off and such are pretty common on these types of rings. In order to get a more perfected look you would have to spend *considerably* more and this ring looks very beautiful, not sure it would be worth it.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Oh WOW!!!! You did great for any budget!
36.gif

I''m sure she''s going to love it. Please bring back hand pics!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well done! I''m sure she will love that beautiful ring.
30.gif
Anxiously waiting to hear the rest of the story.....
1.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
It looks F A N T A S T I C
30.gif
9.gif
30.gif
!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous, that center stone is amazing. You did a great job, and I''m sure she''ll be thrilled!!!!
36.gif

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the encouragement. You guys are awesome and i definitely couldnt have done it without you all. I know she will love it and i know i''m being too picky. Although, i think i have a genuine gripe on one thing. Theres this thin bar of metal that runs from the underside of the stone back to where the band connects to the stone. (not sure if that makes sense) i will try to get a picture. It looks like a little extra diagonal support or something for the setting. Its only on one side, and is asymetrical and super ugly. It looks like a cast off from the casting or some extra platinum or something, its hideous now that i noticed it! Anyone know what that could be? My first thought was that it was some extra metal that would come off or something...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results