shape
carat
color
clarity

She put me in charge (Vintage e-ring)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Well DONE! That ring looks very lovely! I think the delicate nature will make it look very nice on your gf''s finger.
31.gif
Please do show us hand shots after you propose, and also of the part that''s bugging you on the setting...

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
It looks beautiful from the photos. Can you show the underbelly that you are speaking of?

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
I''m trying. Do you guys know any tricks to get a cheap digital camera to focus better at close range???

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Put it upside down so we can see what you are referring to., prop it up on something. Hold still while taking the pics, and turn off the flash, make sure it''s on macro mode.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
You may have a macro button. It is usually the symbol of a flower, indicating close up on small details. You set it on macro to get close up, clear pictures.

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
Heres some good shots of it. Anyone know what that is? And why its in there. Its really not as obvious as it looks from those pictures, but its not supposed to be there... right??

ea406.29.07.JPG

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2007 3:52:24 AM
Author: eugenewood
Heres some good shots of it. Anyone know what that is? And why its in there. Its really not as obvious as it looks from those pictures, but its not supposed to be there... right??
It looks like extra metal from casting that should have been removed...

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
Thats what I thought too, but it actually twines diagonally all the way across to the other side, like it was put there for support or something...

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I would send it back to them and make them fix it. AND, they should pay for the shipping/insurance both ways. Not supposed to be there IMO.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
I agree with cinnamon, email them the same photos with arrows that you did here, then call them right away and ask them to take it back and fix it. IIRC, you got the stone through them also, yes? So send it back and ask them to fix it, make it PERFECT, and send it back to you. And yes, they should pay for ALL shipping and insurance charges. It looks like a temp support or something that should have been removed. I cant see that it provides anything to the ring.

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
Yeah, that was my thought too. Man, anyone else ever seen anything like that? How could he just not see it there? Disappointed...

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Crap happens, even with the highest end settings. There are people here who''ve paid a ton more than you for, say, a Leon Mege ring only to have the pave fall out right away, IIRC. So dont take it to heart. Just get it fixed ASAP! So you can propose...
31.gif
It''s a lovely ring and honestly, I dont think you could have done better within your budget. She''ll love it!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The ring is totally gorgeous, but that little metal piece IS really odd. I would send it back right away and have it fixed. That is NOT something that is just a little imperfection...

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
Ok, the plot thickens... I noticed that the little bar was actually loose in there. It wasnt even connected to anything. So... using some tiny needle nosed pliers i just slid it out. It didnt even really resist. Did i just irreparably damage the ring? Now that its out, its obviously something that was placed in there purposely. Its perfectly cylindrical and strait, leftovers from casting don''t seem that perfect, and would be attached right?. Maybe it was there to support the pierced work while the little diamonds were punched down? Whatever the case, I''ve already contacted them, but i''m happy now. Woohoo! Now that my disappointment is receding... You guys are amazing! 200 posts of help, and I ended up with a gorgeous and unique antique style ring for under-budget!!! I''ll keep you guys posted as to what they say, and of course come back with finger pictures once she says yes.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha eugenewood, too funny with the tiny pliers...i really have no idea what it was or why it was there but i''m so glad you''re feeling better and are happier now...please do keep us posted as to what they say...

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Congrat Eugene, not only did you get a great ring, you''re now a real bench jeweler!
28.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Now, we await proposal details and hand pics! Congrats!!!

36.gif
36.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/30/2007 12:39:16 AM
Author: eugenewood
Thanks for all the encouragement. You guys are awesome and i definitely couldnt have done it without you all. I know she will love it and i know i''m being too picky. Although, i think i have a genuine gripe on one thing. Theres this thin bar of metal that runs from the underside of the stone back to where the band connects to the stone. (not sure if that makes sense) i will try to get a picture. It looks like a little extra diagonal support or something for the setting. Its only on one side, and is asymetrical and super ugly. It looks like a cast off from the casting or some extra platinum or something, its hideous now that i noticed it! Anyone know what that could be? My first thought was that it was some extra metal that would come off or something...
i have no idea what that could be, and i am curious to see some photos of it. that concern aside, your ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!! antique styles, for me anyway, are hit or miss. yours is a big HIT! the diamond is so beautiful.... you really captured it''s fire. oh, and i thought that was funny when you said you had to get over the shock of its actual size upon seeing it in person. ain''t that the truth......
1.gif

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
rainydaze, 4th post down on page 7 are some pics of it. Its moot now though, because I removed it with some pliers :)

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oops, sorry! glad it was easily removed!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
eugene I''ve been a lurker but I had to say how gorgeous your ring is! You did SO well, it looks a million dollars. I love it. And you''re very inventive getting that extra bar out. I''ll be interested to know if it was meant to be there or not. Now for the proposal!

a

eugenewood

Rough_Rock
Ok, I know its been awhile... Well, she said yes! I proposed on the 4th of July at sunset. It went great, she absolutely loves the ring. Everyone who looks at it comments that they are amazed I was able to pick it out myself! Well, I didnt, you guys helped sooooo much! So, heres some pics of it on her hand:

ea072107.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great on her! I''m glad she likes it! Congratulations on your engagement!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, I love it!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It turned out beautiful, and looks perfect on her hand. You did good! Congrats!!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement! The ring looks wonderful on her, very sparkly! I love a happy ending
36.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
eugene, FINALLY! It looks so pretty on her finger! I love the top angle and how it looks a bit different from directly overhead compared to from the sides. So lovely. I'm so happy she loves it too! Well done dude!
36.gif

ETA: PLEASE, post some more clearer, sharper photos and put them on the SMTR thread...

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
It looks perfect on her hand! Congratulations!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results