shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Shameless Showoffs: Show Me Your Bling!

Orchids0926

Shiny_Rock
Learn something new everyday! I've never owned any opals, either. One day....

Kandie

Rough_Rock
Just went to Brooklyn to get mail and check on my Opal. Sigh. I miss her. I gave her some water and took a few pics and put her back in the safe. ❤️

Driving back to the beach now and sharing a photo.
05CBD888-3DF1-4FBA-BFE0-122182BDF903.jpeg

How can you leave her????

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Just went to Brooklyn to get mail and check on my Opal. Sigh. I miss her. I gave her some water and took a few pics and put her back in the safe. ❤️

Driving back to the beach now and sharing a photo.
05CBD888-3DF1-4FBA-BFE0-122182BDF903.jpeg

This is one of my all-time favorite jewels on PriceScope!

Reading about your quest to keep her moist (or the air around her moist) I wonder if a Dampit would be helpful?

A Dampit is a rubber tube that has a sponge inside. They are used on violins and other instruments to keep them from drying out. You just soak the Dampit in water for a few minutes, then insert it in the instrument's f-hole. (that's not a naughty word like it sounds LOL). Dampits are cheap, around $10, and they regulate moisture beautifully for days.

Perhaps they'd be good for pearls or opals in storage? I have no idea, just a thought.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Honestly I don't think everyone agrees here but we were instructed by Cartier to dip her in water every now and then. So I gently poured some water on her and that is what I do and it keeps her looking pretty. I store her in the safe with moist cotton rounds and a plastic zip loc bag. We have had the opal since 1972 so hopefully we are doing right by her.

Wow! Had no idea. I learn something new here every day ;-).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can you leave her????

It's hard but I know she is safe where she is and I will visit her again soon I hope.

+ a billion!

@missy--she was calling out to you! Come visit me--she said!!!! Cartier in all her gorgeousness! What a treasure.!!

So true @canuk-gal and thank you. She had been calling out to me for a while now but as you know life gets in the way. It was sweet to visit her and a bit sad to leave her. The whole day was strange. Bittersweet. Much of my heart is back in Brooklyn but much of my heart is here at the beach. It's a constant tug back and forth....I love both homes so much but wish we could decide on one. My heart feels divided into two at times.
What a kind thing to say! Thank you friend.:wavey:

Thank you my sweet friend. XO.

Wow! Had no idea. I learn something new here every day ;-).

Learn something new everyday! I've never owned any opals, either. One day....

I am not an expert and can only speak for what works for me re the opal. I hope you ladies get the opals of your dream one day if you so desire. And come back please and share with us. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is one of my all-time favorite jewels on PriceScope!

Reading about your quest to keep her moist (or the air around her moist) I wonder if a Dampit would be helpful?

A Dampit is a rubber tube that has a sponge inside. They are used on violins and other instruments to keep them from drying out. You just soak the Dampit in water for a few minutes, then insert it in the instrument's f-hole. (that's not a naughty word like it sounds LOL). Dampits are cheap, around $10, and they regulate moisture beautifully for days.

Perhaps they'd be good for pearls or opals in storage? I have no idea, just a thought.

Thank you. I will look into this. Much appreciated @RunningwithScissors.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m excited to have my new solitaire bangle by DK..I reset Bee from a cushion halo ring I have. I love her and the setting but not together...David is sourcing a gem to set in the halo setting..
It’s so dark and gloomy so she’s not catching much light. I absolutely love it. It’s so comfortable too..

Attachments

• CFCC0367-24A1-4E2E-B3DC-8179FB7ED135.jpeg
    CFCC0367-24A1-4E2E-B3DC-8179FB7ED135.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 3356495E-7537-438B-B112-664BB51F81AB.jpeg
    3356495E-7537-438B-B112-664BB51F81AB.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 27
  • 4991D633-0222-4408-9235-A3C1489FE73E.jpeg
    4991D633-0222-4408-9235-A3C1489FE73E.jpeg
    141.9 KB · Views: 28

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m excited to have my new solitaire bangle by DK..I reset Bee from a cushion halo ring I have. I love her and the setting but not together...David is sourcing a gem to set in the halo setting..
It’s so dark and gloomy so she’s not catching much light. I absolutely love it. It’s so comfortable too..

Banglelicious!❤️

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh so pretty!!! Love it! Enjoy your new bling!! One down, one to go!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh so pretty!!! Love it! Enjoy your new bling!! One down, one to go!!

Thank you @Dmndsr4evr11 Did you get any updates from Whiteflash? I did a chat this morning with Becca. Mine is on schedule to ship on the 28th. I told them I would like photos before they ship it to the make sure the prongs and setting look like my last one. I don’t have a preference about the prong orientation so it will be a surprise! Haha

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock

What a beautiful bangle! Looks lovely on you. Enjoy!

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you @Dmndsr4evr11 Did you get any updates from Whiteflash? I did a chat this morning with Becca. Mine is on schedule to ship on the 28th. I told them I would like photos before they ship it to the make sure the prongs and setting look like my last one. I don’t have a preference about the prong orientation so it will be a surprise! Haha
Same. 1/28. Photos before they ship to make sure it is as we discussed. Fingers crossed it’s all good.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ahh, this is perfect on you!

She is a perfect size on the wrist & I'm glad you'll get so much more enjoyment wearing her this way :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahh, this is perfect on you!

She is a perfect size on the wrist & I'm glad you'll get so much more enjoyment wearing her this way :kiss2:

Thank you @Alex T! It’s a little big...I never get to say that so I’m loving that! Haha I just emailed David to see if I can squeeze it a little. It’s just a smidge big enough that it can spin a little. I’m afraid if I squeeze it I may damage it. I’ll wait for his answer. It’s really fine the way it is but would like it just a bit smaller. I’m really enjoying seeing Bee on my wrist..:kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stunning! Beautiful day or night.....

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Just seeing this now! How do you like wearing it? It’s gorgeous! I find that I can’t leave my house without mine or I feel like I’m missing something!
ETA: I read that you feel it needs to be tighter. Lol. I got so excited when I saw your post I didn’t read the rest. I wear mine super snug to the point that it pinches me when I first put it on, but then It feels fine!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@manager I'm sorry that you didn't love Bee in her halo, but my goodness, what a stunning solution! It's just beautiful. And I can't wait to see what ends up in the ring setting!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just seeing this now! How do you like wearing it? It’s gorgeous! I find that I can’t leave my house without mine or I feel like I’m missing something!
ETA: I read that you feel it needs to be tighter. Lol. I got so excited when I saw your post I didn’t read the rest. I wear mine super snug to the point that it pinches me when I first put it on, but then It feels fine!

Thank you! I love it @nala! I‘m so happy I did it! It’s just a little big..I would like it a little tighter. I emailed David to see if I could squeeze it but the. It wouldn't have enough space to put it on. I’ll see what he says..I hate to send it back to have him resize it..ugh

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@manager I'm sorry that you didn't love Bee in her halo, but my goodness, what a stunning solution! It's just beautiful. And I can't wait to see what ends up in the ring setting!

Thank you @Dandi...I’m trying to wait patiently to see what David comes up with.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Same. 1/28. Photos before they ship to make sure it is as we discussed. Fingers crossed it’s all good.

@Dmndsr4evr11 I just got an email that they are still waiting for the results of the diamond I sent in for the upgrade. They have it almost a month. I’m starting to get worried. It seems like a long time to verify. It looks like my upgraded diamond and ring won’t be shipped tomorrow. I’m so disappointed.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results