shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW SF GTG June 22, 2019

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I am so glad you guys had a great time. More photos please!
Gypsy, How come you didn't go to the GTG?. I thought you live in the Bay Area.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh these pics are so amazing! How fun! Thank you for posting! That opal ring and the emerald Cartier rings are just beyond gorgeous. So many lovely pieces!!!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also tried on the 2.78 F emerald and another emerald set east-west with split shank.

Now that I look at the pictures I should have taken off my rings and let the emeralds shine on their own!

file1-9.jpeg file-25.jpeg

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:love:OMG, you guys are killing me!

Why play in the sandbox, when you can play in the jewelry box? Now that is my kind of playdate!

Anyone know when the next GTG will be? Hopefully, on the east coast this time

Luvallgems

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for sharing the photos, @LLJsmom !

Here are the pieces that caught my eye.

Estate ruby and diamond ring:
74511A9B-CC72-411C-B54D-0E64FEE1AC97.jpeg

Art Deco emerald, diamond, & natural pearl bracelet:
59AD0ED9-ED15-445A-B2C5-7EEBC21B7795.jpeg

Victorian diamond & natural pearl pendant:
F535FFEE-39DF-42C1-8304-673680DECACF.jpeg
@JPie You have exquisite taste:geek2:

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
The most amazing sapphire from MC2 at Barneys.
Never saw a sapphire I wanted to buy until now. It literally seemed to emit blue fire. Like Viserion, but more purplish.
060CE1C5-4C51-498A-B62A-92C08F92C4D2.jpeg

Couple pairs of danglies at Lang
FC66ED4A-EAE9-466A-B3D3-D084BE7B6EE5.jpeg 6CCCAE6D-0E40-4C3E-951B-E2A0A8652E60.jpeg

On @JPie The biggest cluster ring I have ever seen.
5DA9C376-E7D2-44A2-93F8-73E95F79603B.jpeg

Hi @LLJsmom ! I am really interested in purchasing that sapphire ring for my Mom - do you recall the price on that ring? And can you send me any more detail on how I can track it down? I'm not sure who/what MC2 is (I do know what Barneys is haha). Thank you!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much @LLJsmom ! It is a little more than I was hoping, but your approval carries a lot of weight!!
Thanks @SandyK but I am truly ignorant about colored stones. The lapidary that was with us did say the stone was beautifully cut though.

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Gypsy, How come you didn't go to the GTG?. I thought you live in the Bay Area.

I live in Vacaville now. But, I totally blanked on the date. And when I looked down at the calendar, I realized it was my 20th (dating) anniversary (which I had also forgotten). But the husband had plans and I was like... "Oh yeah... anniversary! YES. Of course." :whistle:

LaylaR

Shiny_Rock
Trade
WONDERFUL. Let's do lunch! I am always willing to go to Davis. I went there as an undergrad and love it there.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and here is @JPie 's new ring, waiting for her to come back for it ;-)
20190622_130152.jpg
@Rubymal you have the most beautiful hands.
@JPie I have to admit that the more I look at the ruby ring the more I love it. It is freaking stunning and just an amazing work of art. It’s tempting me Girl!! Whatcha gonna do?!

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
@Rubymal you have the most beautiful hands.
@JPie I have to admit that the more I look at the ruby ring the more I love it. It is freaking stunning and just an amazing work of art. It’s tempting me Girl!! Whatcha gonna do?!

You are too sweet, @LLJsmom! My mom likes to say my hands come from her side of the genes and the fact that she made me take piano lessons for 8 years when I was young! :razz:

That ruby ring really is something. If either you or @JPie need moral purchasing support, I will show up and assist, haha!

DiamondGal28

Rough_Rock
I also tried on the 2.78 F emerald and another emerald set east-west with split shank.

Now that I look at the pictures I should have taken off my rings and let the emeralds shine on their own!

file1-9.jpeg file-25.jpeg
That east / west emerald is stunning! :love::love::love:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom @Rubymal it’s stunning but honestly, the price is holding me back. Both my diamond cluster and my starburst pendant each cost less. The rubies are beautifully cut and matched, but is that really what colored gems in a beautifully made setting cost?

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
@LLJsmom @Rubymal it’s stunning but honestly, the price is holding me back. Both my diamond cluster and my starburst pendant each cost less. The rubies are beautifully cut and matched, but is that really what colored gems in a beautifully made setting cost?

They seemed to be open to negotiation, right? But then again, it is still a bit pricey even if they drop the price a little.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I'm still so sad to have missed this! There HAS to be a next time!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sad to know I missed a local GTG :( I'm always down for these!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you guys had a great time. The photos are DELICIOUS!!! Thanks so much for sharing them! I hope to make it out to the next one! (soon, hopefully?)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally get it. What is tempting me is that incredibly delicate and unique setting and the super white diamonds juxtaposed with the blood red rubies. I love that some of them are cabs, and such tiny delicate cabs at that. And completely authentically vintage. You just don’t find these any more.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally get it. What is tempting me is that incredibly delicate and unique setting and the super white diamonds juxtaposed with the blood red rubies. I love that some of them are cabs, and such tiny delicate cabs at that. And completely authentically vintage. You just don’t find these any more.

You’re probably right about that - I don’t know anyone who can do such fine work like this.

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock

Maybe make the argument that the diamonds are ungraded and there is no guarantee that the rubies are untreated?

Rubymal

Shiny_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results