shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting thoughts...

IDtoTX

Rough_Rock
I'm in the process of working with the HPD team on a solitaire setting for my new 2.31 SI1 J gorgeous diamond. I love the blossom setting with some slight modifications to the basket. One of the modifications I'm thinking about is adding small melee diamonds to the basket for the profile view. The question of color of the melee has come up. I can do H melee but Layla doesn't recommend lower. Any thoughts on if there will be too large of a color difference between the J and the H melee? Should I just remove those diamonds and stick with the basic basket?
thumbnail_HPD Christy Gentile 3321 SZ6.25-RENDER 2.jpg

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d stick with plain basket and add a bling-y band. Melè in the gallery is just a call for a lifetime of repair and lost stones imo.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d stick with plain basket and add a bling-y band. Melè in the gallery is just a call for a lifetime of repair and lost stones imo.
Agreed!!!

beigenarwhal

Rough_Rock
I chose a modified Blossom setting for my ring too, and actually was choosing between HPD's modified Blossom and Mark Morrell's Torchiere, which has a similar flowing basket but has "hidden" diamonds in the gallery: GeoffB_PetiteTorch w-diamonds__5mm_sz6.25__007s.jpg

You can try a search for the Torchiere (fairly popular) with J center stones and see how they look with different color melees! I don't see many settings with this style, so that might help you find some real life examples.

PS. I love your take on the Blossom!

elizat

Ideal_Rock

Add me to that thought process as well. I don't know that you never really notice it either, or at least I know I wouldn't.

arhzay

Rough_Rock
The design is beautiful but I’d also go for a plain basket. I can’t wait to see the finished ring!

IDtoTX

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for the opinions. I didn't even think about there being issues with losing the melee stones. I've had smaller side diamonds before without issues but I guess they were channel set.

@beigenarwhal thanks for posting the MM Torchiere...that was actually what gave the idea. I would love to see your blosssom. I'll go search for it.

I'm going from a VC EC with french cut sides. The EC is 1.32 so much smaller but I've never had a solitaire before. I think that's why i was looking to add a little more bling.

Decisions, decisions...

beigenarwhal

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for the opinions. I didn't even think about there being issues with losing the melee stones. I've had smaller side diamonds before without issues but I guess they were channel set.

@beigenarwhal thanks for posting the MM Torchiere...that was actually what gave the idea. I would love to see your blosssom. I'll go search for it.

I'm going from a VC EC with french cut sides. The EC is 1.32 so much smaller but I've never had a solitaire before. I think that's why i was looking to add a little more bling.

Decisions, decisions...

I had only minor modifications to the Blossom (tapering of the shank towards the head, thinner band) but I think HPD has two settings that are both called the Blossom:

Here's one Blossom (which looks like your CAD): https://www.instagram.com/p/Bsz-_edH2KX/
And another Blossom (which is what mine looks like: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnqOZU8HiLX/

Both gorgeous! I can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results