shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting ideas for star sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Gailey, here''s the link to the etsy rose quartz ring. I''m really liking this!! The more I look, the more I like.

I just got my appraisal from Rich, and though I got a really nice deal on the stone, I''m going to try to stay <$1000 on the mounting. That rules out all of the diamond halo options.

So, it looks like I''m going to go Big & Bold!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
Mmm, more metal means more money for creative flowy pieces :)

I like diamonds as much as the next girl but I think that you should find something that allows your star sapphire to be the, erhm, star. The rose quartz setting would do nicely, and I admit to being partial to swirly designs.

I''m assuming for the setting price range that you are doing WG/YG but you could also do non-diamond accent stones in the same or different color if you wanted. Something like this but with blue topaz? Or if differeing color accents,

Or if you like filigree work, something like might work. this ringthis

More ideas:

simple lace border

scrolling flourish

marquise cut but i love the side profile

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Litebrite, you are FABULOUS!!! I love the Natasha Wozniak designs you posted! Very pretty!!

Scrolling-Flourish-Aqua-L.jpg

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
This one too!
30.gif

Flourish-18k-garnet.jpg

C

cozzagirl

That Leon setting is amazing...
30.gif

mitsui4

Brilliant_Rock
The Fay Cullen one was nice..

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
litebrite, those settings are great!

Did anybody suggest this etsy seller? janishjewels

Fly Girl had a star sapphire done by them and it''s just lovely!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2009 9:36:32 PM
Author: Upgradable
Litebrite, you are FABULOUS!!! I love the Natasha Wozniak designs you posted! Very pretty!!
soooo gorgeous!!!! great designer Litebrite!!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Well, now that I''ve received the appraisal back from Rich at SGL and he confirmed unheated and untreated from Sri Lanka with an exceptional gem quality star. The body of the stone is only at about high comercial, so I think I''m going to stick to a budget of <$1000 for the mounting.

I''m also going to be sending the stone off to Michael E and he is going to perform a little consmetic surgery on her, specificially a tummy tuck. I''d like the reduce the depth by about 1/3. He said there should be no problem.

Then I''m down to mounts. At this point I think I''m really sold on yellow gold, bold, bezel set.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/7/2009 11:35:51 PM
Author: Upgradable
Well, now that I''ve received the appraisal back from Rich at SGL and he confirmed unheated and untreated from Sri Lanka with an exceptional gem quality star. The body of the stone is only at about high comercial, so I think I''m going to stick to a budget of <$1000 for the mounting.

I''m also going to be sending the stone off to Michael E and he is going to perform a little consmetic surgery on her, specificially a tummy tuck. I''d like the reduce the depth by about 1/3. He said there should be no problem.

Then I''m down to mounts. At this point I think I''m really sold on yellow gold, bold, bezel set.
Hey Uppy- are you considering Michael to do your mounting? or Etsy?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t really seen any cutom mounting from Michael. What I want will have no traditional componenets: no pave, baskets, prongs, or engravings. I''d love to see what he''s done.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This setting is done by Michael, for Reenie (hope she doesn't mind me posting her pictures) its Gorgeous.

Asscher%202.jpeg

Asscher%203.jpeg

Asscher%204.jpeg

oops ETA: here is another by him, for Singingbell
TrebleDone1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results