shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting... hell(o) ...opinions?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimee, This is the new one, [and also in the avatar to the left].
I can see how having diamonds on the band enhance the look, but I can achieve that with bands, I think.
76147B90-EFF6-4270-B3CC-6990CD49A209.jpeg

Marcy, I’m appreciatIve of all the thoughtful input you’ve been giving me!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some others I looked at today while still researching plain solitaires.

9FAA3BED-21EF-479D-ADB7-866BBA7ACE22.png DC71D1A9-529E-46ED-99C7-184D8C901C4C.png 15805986-2902-464F-86E8-69D4F8D85804.png

And this
9B85F2F6-EB3C-4781-BA8D-54337116115D.jpeg

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6CB13DF6-0EE3-42B6-8823-0BA88A1D13D7.jpeg This is very similar to the LM that Missy posted - Caysie made it for me and I love it for an asscher centre. There’s just enough added interest with the side bullets, but it still allows me to see the asscher shimmer without too much distraction.

Sorry for the huge photo - I don’t normally post from my phone and couldn’t find the sizing option!
That is AMAZING 8-)

@Jimmianne - have you considered a narrow Tension Setting?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nothing-there setting WWW - well within 2K, as far as I remember.

Last edited:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know if it’s the clarinet music, but it looks gorgeous.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
True enough.

These simple rings are not at all simple, IHMO ...

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Valeria, you are saying that the simplicity is an illusion?
I agree.
It takes a master craftsman to get everything proportional and “perfect”.
I think that’s why I have developed a phobia about having custom work done just “any place” after learning from experience lthat there are many parts to the simplest setting that have to come together seamlessly.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I talked to Leon this morning after I went to the website and fell in love with one of his solitaires. He won’t set it.
I’m a pretty sensitive creature and although he was “civil” he did hurt my feelings.
I guess he didn’t like where I sourced my stone because it’s a competitor, and wanted me to explain why I didn’t buy from him.
So, that’s that. I understand where he was coming from, but his website DID say that he sets stones not acquired from him.
(I would probably shrivel up and die if I had to live in NYC.
Give me the overly gentil people of the South, southern USA and the south of France! )

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Noted about AoP .-( ...

GemConcepts does not exactly advertise any jewelry-making capabilities, however there are subtle hints www (nevermind the style) & what you want should be possible from any number of jewelry makers who understand Yoram Finkelstein's view of what it means to perfect things. I do not know what might be possible & should eventually ask too.

Last edited:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I talked to Leon this morning after I went to the website and fell in love with one of his solitaires. He won’t set it.
I’m a pretty sensitive creature and although he was “civil” he did hurt my feelings.
I guess he didn’t like where I sourced my stone because it’s a competitor, and wanted me to explain why I didn’t buy from him.
So, that’s that. I understand where he was coming from, but his website DID say that he sets stones not acquired from him.
(I would probably shrivel up and die if I had to live in NYC.
Give me the overly gentil people of the South, southern USA and the south of France! )

I never recommend Leon anymore and many others here do not for very good reasons that go way beyond what you experienced.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you are interested in fast, you need to focus on David Klass. I have made three rings with Caysie, and due to custom cut stones on two, they took several weeks. For me, it was worth the wait. But I do understand not wanting to wait 3 months, and that means David Klass for under $2k. Victor does a lovely basket solitaire, but I am not sure that it would fall under $2k.

As to metals, I'd go with platinum for white metal, and rose or yellow gold for non-white. Obviously platinum is the most versatile and would allow the wearing of other color bands with it.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, hi, For other readers, I will qualify that at this time of year, Caysie said about two months plus design time.
I felt sorry for Mr.Mege. His life must be stressful or something. He didn’t say anything bad but for some reason I felt toxic/sick for about 30minutes and had to take a nice walk outside. But enough about him...on to more interesting problems!
So, the research goes on [and on and on lol].

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry you felt yucky after speaking with Leon Mege, that certainly isn't how you want your jewelry experience to go. I have spoken to him on the phone before and he was blunt and a little curt. I'm used to blunt and curt after working in an OR :lol-2:!

I thought about this solitaire. It's really simple, but elegant to me. I'm not sure if this was Jonathan or someone else at GOG. Here's the thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-gog-1-71-e-vs1-asscher.232312/#post-4192132

upload_2017-11-21_9-59-54.png

upload_2017-11-21_9-59-31.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-21_9-59-2.png
    upload_2017-11-21_9-59-2.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 12

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry you felt yucky after speaking with Leon Mege, that certainly isn't how you want your jewelry experience to go. I have spoken to him on the phone before and he was blunt and a little curt. I'm used to blunt and curt after working in an OR :lol-2:!

I thought about this solitaire. It's really simple, but elegant to me. I'm not sure if this was Jonathan or someone else at GOG. Here's the thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-gog-1-71-e-vs1-asscher.232312/#post-4192132

upload_2017-11-21_9-59-54.png

upload_2017-11-21_9-59-31.png

Ooooh:love:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How about this DK ring?
DKJPV0821Solitaire-1.jpg

DKJPV0821Solitaire-3.jpg

DKJPV0821Solitaire-4.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I :love: that setting, so simple and elegant

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DS, hi, For other readers, I will qualify that at this time of year, Caysie said about two months plus design time.
I felt sorry for Mr.Mege. His life must be stressful or something. He didn’t say anything bad but for some reason I felt toxic/sick for about 30minutes and had to take a nice walk outside. But enough about him...on to more interesting problems!
So, the research goes on [and on and on lol].

I'm glad to hear you have something in the works with a nice jeweler...no one should have to deal with a toxic attitude. ( I no longer recommend him either...to bad...he does nice work)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tyty, i agree. I l want to have positive vibes around my diamonds, which means a nice experience buying them and setting them!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw this. I'm sorry about your experience with LM. I have two of his rings. He didn't love my paraiba, but he was fine with setting it and he was very pleasant throughout the process of both rings. Jekyll and Hyde?

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
From your suggested settings I love the second one from your first post, and the last one from the four on this side. But I’m sure, your gorgeous asscher is going to look beautiful in any setting.

Regarding Leon Mege I have read here a lot of negative reviews about his manners. I have never worked with him, but after the posts I have read, I wouldn’t like to in the future. I hate toxic people! Life is too short to waste your time with them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results