shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting... hell(o) ...opinions?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love diamonds but I hate settings, or rather having to make a decision.
My idea of a perfect setting would be to superglue the stone to my finger.
So I am here for ideas and support.
The stone is an asscher.
With a lot of scintillation, so think more like round brilliant in terms of what it will look like against the metal.
My setting ideas so far...
plain engagement setting ...just get it DONE.
0DE8C156-2595-449A-9ED1-29A0F2502D54.jpeg

A vintage look , and good for stacking
E6672822-2DD9-412A-8D50-56DB185E33A5.jpeg

Or this
For some reason I am really liking it this morning.
49C39ABD-A8F2-4267-8B2B-B5C8450981BE.png
?????

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the middle vintage look for your asscher. You already know my taste to let the beautiful diamond shine and be the star of the show. A delicate graceful elegant solitaire would bring that baby to center stage and allow it to just be as beautiful as it is. Of course it is such a beautiful asscher that it will shine in any setting you choose solitaire or not.

vintagesolitairesetting.jpg

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always loved the CVB Giselle setting for an asscher, but won't allow stacking without a major change by adding a bridge and raising the details.

upload_2017-11-19_8-14-37.jpeg

But, your #1 will have a classic feeling. But, I also like your vintage one, although I would not like it kite-set.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these settings too. One a solitaire and the other 2 a 3 stone setting. All gorgeous. Fluid and elegant.

leonmegeasschersetting.jpg

asschersetting.jpg

leonmegeasscher3stone.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, ladies. CVB was my first choice, but has a really long wait time due to the holidays. 2 month minimum for production. Add that to design time and I would be tearing my hair out.
One question...white gold, yellow gold or unplanted white gold?
Not a big fan of platinum.
Btw, I want low-set for 24/7 wear.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely choose number 1. I tend to like minimal settings that focus on the stone. However, that's just me and wouldn't be everyone's choice.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DK could do any of these settings beautifully I think and in an efficient manner/timely fashion as well.
For 24/7 wear you really should go with a solitaire IMO.
Though my real opinion is don't wear any bling for 24/7 but feel free to ignore me. I just get nervous you can hurt yourself or the bling lol. Just get a beautiful jewelry box and put your new treasure in there when you go to sleep.

I choose white metal if that is what you normally wear and prefer.

Anyway please share more setting ideas for our sweet Jimmianne and her gorgeous asscher.:appl:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
6CB13DF6-0EE3-42B6-8823-0BA88A1D13D7.jpeg This is very similar to the LM that Missy posted - Caysie made it for me and I love it for an asscher centre. There’s just enough added interest with the side bullets, but it still allows me to see the asscher shimmer without too much distraction.

Sorry for the huge photo - I don’t normally post from my phone and couldn’t find the sizing option!

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6CB13DF6-0EE3-42B6-8823-0BA88A1D13D7.jpeg This is very similar to the LM that Missy posted - Caysie made it for me and I love it for an asscher centre. There’s just enough added interest with the side bullets, but it still allows me to see the asscher shimmer without too much distraction.
Gorgeous ring. Those prongs are perfection. Talk about non-obtrusive from the top!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring. Those prongs are perfection. Talk about non-obtrusive from the top!

YES! Totally agree. LOVE it when the prongs disappear and all you see is big beautiful diamond and big beautiful facets. TDF.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you post pics of your solitaire? I Personally prefer a beautiful solitaire like the first you posted with the robust shank.

If you love Caysies work, than it’s worth the wait. Otherwise I second DK for an efficient turnaround time.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the simple solitaire that Missy posted, or even double dainty claws at the corners.

IMG_2149.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of my favorite asscher rings
pink_asscher38-jpg.385141

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jeff-white-pink-spinel-asscher-ring.198179/

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lissflo, I love your ring!
The bigger the photo the better : )
Those prongs are incredible.

The diamond I am setting is G color.

Last edited:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a classic solitaire for an asscher and I adore a sleek bezel too!! This is one of my favorites. It has very fine millgrain on the inner bezel that's hard to see in the photo. It's by VRAM in Los Angeles.

upload_2017-11-19_8-18-57.png

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could also do a bezel with something extra on the shoulders, similar to this.

upload_2017-11-19_8-20-58.png

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my. Breathless....Beautiful beautiful stone! :love:
I love a nice bezel, and I think they are so easy to wear, draw all of the attention to the star and would frame that gorgeous rock!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a classic solitaire for an asscher and I adore a sleek bezel too!! This is one of my favorites. It has very fine millgrain on the inner bezel that's hard to see in the photo. It's by VRAM in Los Angeles.

upload_2017-11-19_8-18-57.png

I second a delicate bezel... they just really show off the clipped corners of an asscher!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second a delicate bezel... they just really show off the clipped corners of an asscher!

Oh my goodness this is gorgeous!! :love:

@Jimmianne it seems like this is what you were originally going for! Well, it's the well-executed, slightly-more-elaborate, doesn't-look-like-Play-Doh version :roll2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lissyflo Please start a thread on your gorgeous ring!
@Jimmianne The delicate bezel that JDDN posted does seem like what you were originally going for, also maybe the best option for 24/7 wear.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the asscher with the bullet sides!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To clarify, I have two asschers. The play doh asscher is going to go back into the SK setting. I was having it worked on when I suddenly and unexpectedly found a larger stone.
On this thread I am looking for a prong setting for the new asscher.
Sorry if there was some confusion.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To clarify, I have two asschers. The play doh asscher is going to go back into the SK setting. I was having it worked on when I suddenly and unexpectedly found a larger stone.

I am obviously behind the times here!! I shall have to go back through your threads and read about the new acquisition :cool2:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did not read the whole post, but I think the setting was by Elle at TheGemstoneProject (or she has a sister to this ring). She also may be a great choice.

Her Resistance is very close to your #2 vintage. She's wonderful to work with.
https://thegemstoneproject.com/the-resistance/
101.jpg

Rockysalamander, Elle was FrekeChild on PS for many years. She changed her name when she became a trade member. It's the same ring! :mrgreen2:

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rockysalamander, Elle was FrekeChild on PS for many years. She changed her name when she became a trade member. It's the same ring! :mrgreen2:
Ahhh...that makes more sense than a twin ring. Lol.

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Are there pictures of the new bigger asscher? I love your "little" one.
And I love lissyflo and Rockys suggestions :love:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, all of these are great suggestions. I tend to prefer a solitaire with a gorgeous diamond so it can be the star of the show. I definitely think a prong mounting is the best way to go; that way you can see all the fabulous angles of your gorgeous Asscher. Have fun shopping.

Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results