shape
carat
color
clarity

My GOG 1.71 E VS1 Asscher

asilsaur

Rough_Rock
I've been waiting 6 months for this baby to make it's way to my finger! Jon at GOG sourced this little lady for me, took calling in about 20 diamonds over the span of 2 months. I originally wanted an eyeclean f/g color to maximize budget but the optics on this diamond could not be beat. :lickout::lickout::lickout: She looks fantastic in every lighting condition. GOG also custom made the setting for me because I decided it would be easier to do it all at one place. I wanted a 1.8 mm band with a tiny little donut so there wouldn't be a space between my wedding band and the engagement ring. I could not be happier with the end result! :love::love::love: She is a little bit too lively at times. :saint:
Sorry not sorry for the photo overload.

youtube video:
(she's #2)

Asscher 1.71 E VS1 no fluoro
Measurements 6.72 x 6.66 x 4.44
Table: 67%
Girdle: Thick
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Band: 1.8mm
Finger size: 3.5

Glamour shots from GOG:
_DSC9939 (1).jpg
_DSC9913.jpg
_DSC9915.jpg
_DSC9940 (1).jpg

Before she was sent back to have her prongs sharpened and be resized from a 3.75 down to a 3.5:
FullSizeRender.jpg

Day of the proposal (sorry for the veiny hands):
IMG_8618.JPG
IMG_4414.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1561.JPG
    IMG_1561.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice to hear GOG's work ... and to see a ring in my size, for once ,-)

All the best !

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful. Congratulations on your engagement and for finding the perfect asscher. kudos to GOG.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That video really highlights the difference in cuts! It's beautiful & congratulations on your engagement!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been waiting 6 months for this baby to make it's way to my finger! Jon at GOG sourced this little lady for me, took calling in about 20 diamonds over the span of 2 months. I originally wanted an eyeclean f/g color to maximize budget but the optics on this diamond could not be beat. :lickout::lickout::lickout: She looks fantastic in every lighting condition. GOG also custom made the setting for me because I decided it would be easier to do it all at one place. I wanted a 1.8 mm band with a tiny little donut so there wouldn't be a space between my wedding band and the engagement ring. I could not be happier with the end result! :love::love::love: She is a little bit too lively at times. :saint:
Sorry not sorry for the photo overload.

youtube video:
(she's #2)

Asscher 1.71 E VS1 no fluoro
Measurements 6.72 x 6.66 x 4.44
Table: 67%
Girdle: Thick
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Band: 1.8mm
Finger size: 3.5

Glamour shots from GOG:
_DSC9939 (1).jpg
_DSC9913.jpg
_DSC9915.jpg
_DSC9940 (1).jpg

Before she was sent back to have her prongs sharpened and be resized from a 3.75 down to a 3.5:
FullSizeRender.jpg

Day of the proposal (sorry for the veiny hands):
IMG_8618.JPG
IMG_4414.JPG
Congratulations!! Jon is awesome, and I love watching GOG's videos!! Your ring is stunning!! She's an absolute beauty!! Wear her in good health! Many blessings to you both for a lifetime of happiness!! I can't wait to see the wedding band you picked to go with her!!!! :love::love::love:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, elegant simplicity!

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
Looks perfect on your hand! :love: I love that you'll be able to wear a wedding band flush. Are you planning to go through GOG for the band as well? Congratulations on your engagement!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:I love it-- I love asscher solitares. It looks like a very nice spread on your finger too! She looks bright and lively

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations, that looks lovely :)

Thank you for posting the video, too - it was really interesting seeing the different flavours of asscher cuts out there, and it made choosing a favourite of the three difficult!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never seen and Assher in real life, it's beautiful !

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a showstopper! it's beautiful.. congratulations!!!

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful on you! What an incredible Assher! Congratulations!
I really enjoyed the video too.

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and what a beautifully elegant solitaire!! Congratulations on your engagement!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really, really, beautiful! It was worth the wait! Jon really helped you pic an amazing stone! I hope you love it forever!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now, you must name her!! ;-)
MORE PHOTOS, PLEASE!!! :love::love:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a fantastic example of a gorgeous asscher... it's perfect! Please do indulge us with more photos. Congratulations on your engagement!!

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful! And WHAT????? Your hands look perfect! Skinny and dainty and just lovely. So happy for your engagement and your future of love!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and classic ring! Very jealous of your super tiny finger, too!! :)

asilsaur

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

Thank you for the kind compliments and well wishing! I would reply individually but I am currently swamped at work :wall::wall:

I took a couple of photos of Goldilocks (because she's just right) right before work this morning. She's awesome in different lighting environments and has so much personality :love::love:

IMG_8635.JPG IMG_8633.JPG

Photo the day after my engagement while playing with my new toy ( I.e. wiggling my knuckles to watch her sparkle)

IMG_8615.JPG

Last edited:

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
First of all: Best Wishes on your recent engagement.
Wear that beauty in good health!

Steps for miles you could get lost in it. :love: A lovely stone & classic setting!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lordy that's a gorgeous asscher! I love the simple clean setting you've got her in. Congratulations on your engagement and thank you so much for posting the GOG video because that was thoroughly fascinating. You had a lovely set to choose from!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone,

Thank you for the kind compliments and well wishing! I would reply individually but I am currently swamped at work :wall::wall:

I took a couple of photos of Goldilocks (because she's just right) right before work this morning. She's awesome in different lighting environments and has so much personality :love::love:

IMG_8635.JPG IMG_8633.JPG

Photo the day after my engagement while playing with my new toy ( I.e. wiggling my knuckles to watch her sparkle)

IMG_8615.JPG
Goldilocks!!! That's adorable!!! She's such a beautiful diamond!! I love coming back to look at her; I live for step-Cut stones!! Congratulations, again!! GOG did it, again! :kiss2:
CRM

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results