shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting design help for 4ctw+ 3-stone OEC

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone, so some of you may know that I am in the process of upgrading the sides stones to my 3-stone OEC ring. The ring and the one side stone are now on its way to DK so that he can find me my final stone and get the setting started. I excitedly sent the ring on Friday for delivery Saturday but I used USPS so it is still sitting at the origin facility which is only 15 miles away from my house. What’s worse is that USPS no longer guarantees money back one day delivery. It would have been nice if the employee had told me this information or else I would have gladly paid extra at FedEx instead of biting my nails anxiously while nothing is happening in tracking. The pendant and the ruby ring I sold is also still at the same sorting facility. I know USPS drops the ball a lot but this is too much. So to keep me distracted, I thought I would start a thread about setting design input. I have a setting in mind but would love the design ideas of the many different voices of PS. The only thing I am looking for this time is very simple, minimal metal, open profile, and diamonds in the shank.

The setting I fell in love with has 4 double claw prongs holding the center and 4 single prongs holding the sides. I was set on this design with some minor tweaking but been talking to @maita13 about my center having a thin to very thin girdle and if 4 claw prongs would suffice as protection. I'm planning on asking DK what he thinks when he gets my stones but looks like that wont be for a while. I wouldn’t mind 6 prongs but I’m not sure how to go about having the same open profile. But I am open to any advice, inspiration pics, or even a different style of setting than the one I have picked. Maybe I’ll fall in love with it!

Stone measurements:
Center: 8.07x8.17
Side: 6.57x6.68
Potential side: 6.5-6.7

Thank you!

IMG_8944.jpg IMG_8947.jpg IMG_8945.jpg IMG_8946.jpg

Edited to add: this Under the Crown ring has almost the exact proportions of my ring so I’m hoping it’s as blingy as this one!

58EEEEB0-6982-4ED1-A873-1B18B1261120.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi everyone, so some of you may know that I am in the process of upgrading the sides stones to my 3-stone OEC ring. The ring and the one side stone are now on its way to DK so that he can find me my final stone and get the setting started. I excitedly sent the ring on Friday for delivery Saturday but I used USPS so it is still sitting at the origin facility which is only 15 miles away from my house. What’s worse is that USPS no longer guarantees money back one day delivery. It would have been nice if the employee had told me this information or else I would have gladly paid extra at FedEx instead of biting my nails anxiously while nothing is happening in tracking. The pendant and the ruby ring I sold is also still at the same sorting facility. I know USPS drops the ball a lot but this is too much. So to keep me distracted, I thought I would start a thread about setting design input. I have a setting in mind but would love the design ideas of the many different voices of PS. The only thing I am looking for this time is very simple, minimal metal, open profile, and diamonds in the shank.

The setting I fell in love with has 4 double claw prongs holding the center and 4 single prongs holding the sides. I was set on this design with some minor tweaking but been talking to @maita13 about my center having a thin to very thin girdle and if 4 claw prongs would suffice as protection. I'm planning on asking DK what he thinks when he gets my stones but looks like that wont be for a while. I wouldn’t mind 6 prongs but I’m not sure how to go about having the same open profile. But I am open to any advice, inspiration pics, or even a different style of setting than the one I have picked. Maybe I’ll fall in love with it!

Stone measurements:

Thank you!

Edited to add: this Under the Crown ring has almost the exact proportions of my ring so I’m hoping it’s as blingy as this one!

58EEEEB0-6982-4ED1-A873-1B18B1261120.jpeg

Um I think your inspo setting has pretty much nailed it. Boom. Done!

That doesn't help me! If you weren't one of the nicest PSers around.. *grumble grumble grumble*

Oooo ok fine. Here's a couple options I found.

This one has a 6-prong center and 4-prong sides. But of course they only have this 1 pic and none of the gallery. But link is below so maybe they can send you more pics?
ER_503_A__59344.1375220308.350.513.jpg

Then there's this one with 3-prong sides. Pic taken from https://www.moissaniteco.com/moissa...rellis-three-stone-moissanite-engagement-ring
eng274.jpg

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Oooo ok fine. Here's a couple options I found.

This one has a 6-prong center and 4-prong sides. But of course they only have this 1 pic and none of the gallery. But link is below so maybe they can send you more pics?
ER_503_A__59344.1375220308.350.513.jpg

Then there's this one with 3-prong sides. Pic taken from https://www.moissaniteco.com/moissa...rellis-three-stone-moissanite-engagement-ring
eng274.jpg

Omg nooo, I was joking. You didn't have to find me stuff! See! So nice!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love this one! It may have more prongs than you're looking for but I just love the subtle detail :praise: I can't seem to help myself in that I always go for antique details- even when I'm like. "Oh, that's modern."- it's really not.
16795c_master.jpg

maita13

Brilliant_Rock

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I love this one! It may have more prongs than you're looking for but I just love the subtle detail :praise: I can't seem to help myself in that I always go for antique details- even when I'm like. "Oh, that's modern."- it's really not.
16795c_master.jpg

OH MY GOSH that's beautiful!!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Stone measurements:

Thank you!

IMO this is three stone perfection. Fluid and elegant and that profile. Swoon!
Very excited for you @Spring Day :appl:

Or this with lower sides slightly tucked instead of all three stones on the same plane? Tgal’s 3 stone
1614062662333.jpeg
1614062727834.jpeg
1614062752010.jpeg

Yes! This is the ring I was thinking of. @Spring Day I know the gallery is not as open as you'd like, but it'd provide a lot of protection to the girdles with minimal metal showing!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
So I realize I am not helping, but did DK not generate a label for you to send your stuff to him??

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
IMO this is three stone perfection. Fluid and elegant and that profile. Swoon!
Very excited for you @Spring Day :appl:
Thank you! I really do love it but the only hiccup is protection of the girdle and if it'll be enough. If it is, it's smooth sailing!

I'm a big fan of CVB's Maria 3 stone
Yes! A classic!

Yes! This is the ring I was thinking of. @Spring Day I know the gallery is not as open as you'd like, but it'd provide a lot of protection to the girdles with minimal metal showing!
I've actually been taking some aspects of Tgal's ring and seeing if I could mesh it with the setting I had in mind and see if it'll work!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I have nothing helpful to add...

Just an "OH EM GEE" because I cannot wait to see what you pick and what DK finds for you!
Thank you very much! I am OH EM GEEing too! And also OMFGing because of the missing packages!

With 4+ ct, it’ll be EPIC whatever setting you choose, @Spring Day :D
Thank you my favorite lady in the world!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
So I realize I am not helping, but did DK not generate a label for you to send your stuff to him??

That is a very good question that I do not have a good answer to. I don't know what I was thinking because I usually have the vendor send me a label but when he sent me his address I was like eh, I'm right next to the post office I'll just send it and didn't give it a second thought. I was also sending it express one day so I assumed no worries. Boy was I wrong.
I talked to two different postal workers today and they said that priority mail is taking 10+ days to get to its destination and that express mail no longer has the guarantee because FedEx planes are not able to take off and land like they normally can because of weather. But, they both voiced concern over express being late and not having been scanned anywhere since the 19th. So...yea.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
That is a very good question that I do not have a good answer to. I don't know what I was thinking because I usually have the vendor send me a label but when he sent me his address I was like eh, I'm right next to the post office I'll just send it and didn't give it a second thought. I was also sending it express one day so I assumed no worries. Boy was I wrong.
I talked to two different postal workers today and they said that priority mail is taking 10+ days to get to its destination and that express mail no longer has the guarantee because FedEx planes are not able to take off and land like they normally can because of weather. But, they both voiced concern over express being late and not having been scanned anywhere since the 19th. So...yea.

Well I'm working with DK too and asked for a label. Haven't heard back yet (he's slow to reply sometimes). But I can attest to the mail stuff. I just got a gem from Dan Stair that was mailed Feb 1 (just got it yesterday). ANd was supposed to receive something from Dan M today. Nope. Got the "arriving late" notification. I have sent out stuff that I've sold from eBay and Posh and it's still tracking. :confused2:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Well I'm working with DK too and asked for a label. Haven't heard back yet (he's slow to reply sometimes). But I can attest to the mail stuff. I just got a gem from Dan Stair that was mailed Feb 1 (just got it yesterday). ANd was supposed to receive something from Dan M today. Nope. Got the "arriving late" notification. I have sent out stuff that I've sold from eBay and Posh and it's still tracking. :confused2:

Oh thank goodness! I mean it sucks that you’re in the same boat as me but I’m glad it’s not just me. What are you getting from DanM! And what’s DK making you! Curious bling minds want to know!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

I totally get how stressful and awful it is waiting. Packages being stuck without updates, especially something precious, is crazy stressful.

If it makes you feel better - I had a USPS package with a gem in limbo in Memphis. The last it was scanned - it was still stuck in Memphis as far as I knew.

And BAM - it arrived on my doorstep states away without any prior updates.

USPS is generally reliable - don't give up hope!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I totally get how stressful and awful it is waiting. Packages being stuck without updates, especially something precious, is crazy stressful.

If it makes you feel better - I had a USPS package with a gem in limbo in Memphis. The last it was scanned - it was still stuck in Memphis as far as I knew.

And BAM - it arrived on my doorstep states away without any prior updates.

USPS is generally reliable - don't give up hope!

Thank you thank you thank you for this information! If it’s one thing I get super antsy and impatient about it’s shipping so this is not a good color on me but you guys have made me feel so much better!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Thank you thank you thank you for this information! If it’s one thing I get super antsy and impatient about it’s shipping so this is not a good color on me but you guys have made me feel so much better!

Been there! I have literally cried over delayed packages - my poor husband....:lol:

Have a glass of wine, binge on Netflix, order pizza...all I can say is, try to avoid refreshing the tracking page every 10 mins (not that I take my own advice) :rolleyes:

You got this girl! Def keep us updated as soon as that package makes moves!

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Been there! I have literally cried over delayed packages - my poor husband....:lol:

Have a glass of wine, binge on Netflix, order pizza...all I can say is, try to avoid refreshing the tracking page every 10 mins (not that I take my own advice) :rolleyes:

You got this girl! Def keep us updated as soon as that package makes moves!

Ha! Thank you! I’m actually indulging and enjoying a screwdriver... without the vodka. Ok, I’m just drinking orange juice...

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Oh thank goodness! I mean it sucks that you’re in the same boat as me but I’m glad it’s not just me. What are you getting from DanM! And what’s DK making you! Curious bling minds want to know!

I am putting the stone from my original e-ring in a new setting from DK and Dan - well that one will be a surprise ;)2. I'll post when I get it :)

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
I am putting the stone from my original e-ring in a new setting from DK and Dan - well that one will be a surprise ;)2. I'll post when I get it :)

Oooooooh! How very exciting! Can't wait to see the SMTB thread!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love the first setting you posted if your girdle would be safe enough!

I read that Memphis Fed Ex planes were virtually grounded from that snow storm. Lots of delays. Most shipping companies have not been honoring express times since Covid began, also. So it would likely be no better if you had used Fed Ex. But USPS shipping will insure up to a certain amount and Fed Ex will not insure jewelry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results