shape
carat
color
clarity

Seeking amethyst RHR

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
229BCFF2-6D66-4D18-A361-25A535462D76.jpeg 60CAF8CA-D712-40A3-A971-AD0FF0FE462A.jpeg

I also wonder if my little cheap ‘spinel’ (which I’m not sure if it actually is) is worth setting. It’s a little pale and quite included but not too visibleto the naked eye 6584CA1A-CB2A-411C-8723-D5318ABDD7FB.jpeg 36624058-8EE2-4AF6-95B2-9BA4FF747354.jpeg

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
229BCFF2-6D66-4D18-A361-25A535462D76.jpeg 60CAF8CA-D712-40A3-A971-AD0FF0FE462A.jpeg

I also wonder if my little cheap ‘spinel’ (which I’m not sure if it actually is) is worth setting. It’s a little pale and quite included but not too visibleto the naked eye 6584CA1A-CB2A-411C-8723-D5318ABDD7FB.jpeg 36624058-8EE2-4AF6-95B2-9BA4FF747354.jpeg

It doesn't sound like you are in love with the cheap spinel so maybe don't waste time and money on it. There is something out there for you that will make your heart sing. Be patient. Bron is looking, and lots of other people. We will find something.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just saw one with nice colour amethyst £700 but it's a halo cushion presuming too similar to your engagement? Can you clarify regarding the budget and other requirements and I will keep my eyes open too. Does it need to have diamonds for example? Would you be open to other stones like garnet or turquoise?

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Yes that’s what I’m thinking. I tried on a pretty one in a B&M store in my city that was only £250. White gold but not as many diamonds as the one you’ve linked. I’ll see if I have a pic on my phone if I haven’t posted it already.

Message the seller of the ring I posted? I’ve bought from her and she’s lovely to chat with. She may have something in your size in 9kt white gold and she’s in the UK.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Is that the B&M ring on top? I like it! It’s pretty and very saturated. Will you get it?

I think your spinel is pretty and not too pale actually. It’s just not the rich color you’re looking for right now. You could keep it and decide later.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just saw one with nice colour amethyst £700 but it's a halo cushion presuming too similar to your engagement? Can you clarify regarding the budget and other requirements and I will keep my eyes open too. Does it need to have diamonds for example? Would you be open to other stones like garnet or turquoise?

I've got my heart set on a white metal, emerald cut trilogy three stone (posted a pic of one earlier in the thread). Budget under £500, as low as possible if its only going to be a "stand in"
The only ones I could find online had question marks about the quality and reliability of the vendor descriptions/photos compared to the actual product. So I was looking at having one custom made, and then I figured if I'm going custom-made I may as well go with a better stone than an amethyst so I started looking at the purple spinels. It does have to be purple.

Oh I don't know if I should just hold out to get the real deal.:confused2:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Message the seller of the ring I posted? I’ve bought from her and she’s lovely to chat with. She may have something in your size in 9kt white gold and she’s in the UK.

Could do, they have a nice Tanzanite one.

Yes the B&M one was the emerald cut ring in the top pics. I could go and see if they still have it. They had an offer on the weekend I first saw it. I think it was buy one, get one half price or something. Could've bought one for my mum too.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw this one etsy too

il_570xN.1408817971_qypj.jpg

Amethyst size: 8.00 X 6.00 MM
Quality: Natural AAA
WEIGHT :~1.41 carats
2 Baguette-cut VS Diamonds, G/H colour, 0.1 carats

It looks v similar to the Lord of the Gem rings one that I liked, it is £433 and free shipping from India. There will be customs and VAT to add on top. I'm worried that the stone won't be as saturated as it is in the photos.

Or this one by the same vendor with bigger diamonds for £725. I'm not so keen on the double claws
Amethyst Size: 8.00 X 6.00 MM
Quality: Natural AAA
WEIGHT :~1.41 carats
2 Baguette-cut VS Diamonds G/H 0.22 carats

il_570xN.1210222479_4gu1.jpg

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think for those ones in India you would be better putting something else together yourself where you can choose your own stone! Have you thought about doing a wtb thread for a 3 stone setting and then buying an amethyst to fit in the setting?

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think for those ones in India you would be better putting something else together yourself where you can choose your own stone! Have you thought about doing a wtb thread for a 3 stone setting and then buying an amethyst to fit in the setting?

I hadn't thought about starting a thread.
I contacted DiamondMounts on ebay and they quoted $515 with a 6mm x 8mm amethyst and this setting :

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-8MM-EM...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

But that was back in April and its not listed any more.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Looks available to me?
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-8MM-EMER...MI-MOUNT-RING/192581956082?_mwBanner=1&_rdt=1
Doesn't do any harm surely to put a listing up and see if someone has something suitable.

oh yes, that's good. It said it had been relisted, or one like it and when I clicked the link it was something completely different.
Thanks, I need to speak to DF first and make sure its ok for me to buy myself the ring in case he is planning anything. It was originally going to be a gift to myself. He had an investment that we were waiting on, he was going to add to the funds. But there hasn't been any movement with the investment (yet) so its just my own money at the moment.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I talked to him. We’re going to see if the amethyst one is still in the B&M shop. It isn’t on their website but he thinks it will still be there.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FE11EC81-F9D3-4092-A76B-D52E026DD6FE.jpeg Now I know you want white gold but I liked the shape and colour combination and the price, like $200 US (it’s 9kt gold, like the US 10kt - we do 9ct here in Aust) so I thought I’d show you it.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the colour and shape of the amethyst but I don’t wear any yellow gold at all. I have some earrings from when I was younger but they just sit in my jewellery box. We have 9ct in the UK too.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I really like this amethyst ring. It’s my style but I wonder if it suits you. I think you prefer more diamonds.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like this amethyst ring. It’s my style but I wonder if it suits you. I think you prefer more diamonds.

Ideally I wanted a three stone or a central amethyst with baguettes each side (1 or 2 depending on size). But as I don't have the budget I thought I did, I am going to get this one (if they still have it in the shop) as "it will do for now".

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it's still there!

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Went past the shop, it was still in the window :cool2: didn't really have time to stop to buy it today because was taking my mother-in-law (to be) to the train station. DF said we could go back next weekend.
There is a sale on but the one I like isn't in the sale. There was one with an oval amethyst that looked a little bigger and it was less ££ but the amethyst didn't look purple enough.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Went past the shop, it was still in the window :cool2: didn't really have time to stop to buy it today because was taking my mother-in-law (to be) to the train station. DF said we could go back next weekend.
There is a sale on but the one I like isn't in the sale. There was one with an oval amethyst that looked a little bigger and it was less ££ but the amethyst didn't look purple enough.

Maybe go in and bargain for it to be included in the sale? I’m not the best haggler but what if you said, give me the sale price and I’ll take it right now, or offer to pay cash instead of with credit.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Maybe go in and bargain for it to be included in the sale? I’m not the best haggler but what if you said, give me the sale price and I’ll take it right now, or offer to pay cash instead of with credit.

Could do, my df is awesome at haggling. I get embarrassed.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Went back to the shop, the ring they had in stock was 2 sizes too big and it will take about a week to get one in my size. When we saw it in April they were doing “buy one get one half price” sale. There is a sale on at the moment with some items up to half price but not my ring. DF said he would be annoyed for me if we bought it and then another BOGOHP sale comes up in the near future.
So I joined the “VIP” mailing list to be informed of offers.

Enquired about a custom make with another jeweller and quoted £1500 again for amethyst with 2 baguettes. So this is the best deal at the moment unless I hang on and save. I’ve got some stuff to sell that could make at least 500 maybe more.

MelMc

Rough_Rock
If you want a play ring while you're looking for your one true ring how about this? https://www.naturesjewelry.com/itemdy00.aspx?ID=&T1=J85318 I got one last year and was pleased with the quality of the center stone for the price, much better than the picture. Not a PS stone by any stretch of the imagination, but better than the price and a good no-worries ring when you don't want to wear anything expensive.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The one in the shop was only £250 but it has small round diamonds on the shoulders rather than 2 baguettes which is my ideal. If we can get in on a BOGOHP it won’t be too bad. I’m not sure whether shipping to the UK and customs etc would make it not worth the effort

Hi, fellow purple-lover! Not sure if you found "the ring" yet. If not, while you're still waiting/searching...

I saw this on the Art Cut Gems and thought of you: http://www.artcutgems.com/item.php?item_id=820. It might be too pink/red for you but I think it's really pretty! I bought a spess from him before. His pics were really accurate and he was really responsive to sending me additional pics before I pulled the trigger.

I also see a lot of gorgeous amethysts on Barry's website (acstones.com) but his stones always get snapped up so quickly :cry2:. Still, may be worth asking him if he has any amethysts currently hiding in his stash...

oh yes, that's good. It said it had been relisted, or one like it and when I clicked the link it was something completely different.
Thanks, I need to speak to DF first and make sure its ok for me to buy myself the ring in case he is planning anything. It was originally going to be a gift to myself. He had an investment that we were waiting on, he was going to add to the funds. But there hasn't been any movement with the investment (yet) so its just my own money at the moment.
Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much about listings disappearing from these types of vendors. Instead of creating a separate/custom listing, sometimes they have people buy through on an existing listing and then they'll email back and forth with the client afterwards to get the specs and final price nailed down. Then they'll just repost the listing.

The ebay link above is actually a setting I have on my Watch list! I just need to find an emerald cut stone to go with it... I also have this other emerald cut setting saved that is just has the baguettes (and not a 5-stone):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-5x5-5mm-...58ct-Baguette-Diamond-Prong-Ring/283064428253

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for thinking of me and sharing the link :mrgreen2:
It is a bit too pink for my liking, but I keep checking websites occasionally. I had a seller from Thailand contact me on instagram. They have a pair of 1 carat spinels which aren't a bad price, and a set of 3 that are a lovely darker purple, but a bit larger than I was thinking. They would make nice ring/earrings or earring/necklace set. He was asking $2500 though. I said it was a bit much and he said to say what I'd can pay.
I want to keep the whole project under £1500 including the setting and shipping/customs if necessary so I should probably stick with smaller, around 1 carat.

I have been quoted £1500 for custom made with diamond baguettes & amethyst though so maybe spinel is a little out of reach for me at the moment. :???:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for thinking of me @peacechick, it is very pretty. The listing says YG though. I already have a pear shaped fashion ring also. I have my heart set on emerald cut. I will probably go for the one from the shop, just waiting to see if they have any offers. When I went in April it was buy one get one half price. Now they have a 50% off sale on but my ring isn't included because it's new.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results